ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and Rondo. :joy:

For the first time in about 48 years, there are literally 7 or 8 teams that can win the championship next season. So many fun, interesting teams with a legit shot. That NEVER happens.

Laughing hysterically at Davis giving up $4 mil for the Lakers to give Danny Green $15 mil a year, Caldwell-Pope $8 mil a year, Rondo, Cousins, and whatever misfit Rich Paul clients still out there.

PRAYING for the Lakers to sign Carmelo. PRAYING

If the Heat can get Westbrook we’ll almost have a cat on every team in contention for the championship, almost.

That Paul George trade....:scream::scream::scream:

I saw somewhere that the Clippers literally traded every first round pick they were allowed to trade by the NBA bylaws (or collective bargaining agreement or whatever) to make the deal happen. That's serious gambling.

OKC had to take that deal and will probably move Westbrook now and just start over. Kind of amazing to look back and realize that in 2013 OKC had Durant, Harden, and Westbrook and screwed that up. That is one surefire HOFer and two guys whose numbers say they should be HOFers but whose game is so revolting that they are borderline. Regardless, how did they manage to screw that up?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of another three player nucleus with that kind of talent just entering the prime of their careers on one team.

Last edited:
Also, OKC tried to keep all three, but back in the day they actually had caps that made sense. Once Harden wouldn’t agree to OKC’s extension offers, which took into account needing to have the money to keep Durant/Westbrook as priority, they traded him for Kevin Martin and the draft pick that led to Stephen Adams.

In 2012 they lost to the Miami team that had LeBron, Wade and Bosh all around 17M per year.

- Sorry Bristol, my life just isn’t the train wreck that I present it as.

I saw somewhere that the Clippers literally traded every first round pick they were allowed to trade by the NBA bylaws (or collective bargaining agreement or whatever) to make the deal happen. That's serious gambling.

OKC had to take that deal and will probably move Westbrook now and just start over. Kind of amazing to look back and realize that in 2013 OKC had Durant, Harden, and Westbrook and screwed that up. That is one surefire HOFer and two guys whose numbers say they should be HOFers but whose game is so revolting that they are borderline. Regardless, how did they manage to screw that up?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of another three player nucleus with that kind of talent just entering the prime of their careers on one team.

I mean, is it gambling if you trade uncertain production in order to obtain a top 3 player and an all star? Draft picks are pretty much the biggest gamble in the NBA.

How can you not take that deal? They’ll have two first round draft picks til 2025 or whatever and frees them up to trade them around for a veteran all-star or two.

Will they keep Donovan during the rebuild is my question?

Man, coming back to earth after 7 days at the lake. Shewee.

Was awesome, had a blast, crushed fish, ran the lake, considered upgrading to something bigger, fireworks, domestos, imports, rum, cigars, campfires, fish fry’s. Really just pure uncut Americana.

Porterhouse for myself, strip for the lady tonight. The Egg missed me. Fresh corn, peaches and cream. Just took first tomatoes off the vine. Fresh basil for some heirlooms.

Congrats ladies! Maybe the men can learn something.

Days of Thunder. Solid summer flick, but no Top Gun.

LexLakers.

Clutch putt, and damn what a swing. Looks like he couldn’t break 85, but obviously doesn’t need to change a thing.

Man, coming back to earth after 7 days at the lake. Shewee.

Was awesome, had a blast, crushed fish, ran the lake, considered upgrading to something bigger, fireworks, domestos, imports, rum, cigars, campfires, fish fry’s. Really just pure uncut Americana.

Porterhouse for myself, strip for the lady tonight. The Egg missed me. Fresh corn, peaches and cream. Just took first tomatoes off the vine. Fresh basil for some heirlooms.

Congrats ladies! Maybe the men can learn something.

Days of Thunder. Solid summer flick, but no Top Gun.

LexLakers.

I mean there's humble brag and then there's GYERO man humble brag. Keep doing you boat

He & Hovland have more buzz directly from college than anyone I can recall since Tiger. Spieth made his splash early, but it wasn't immediately upon (or before, really) graduation.

He & Hovland have more buzz directly from college than anyone I can recall since Tiger. Spieth made his splash early, but it wasn't immediately upon (or before, really) graduation.

Spieth left Texas in his soph season...won a few months later at age 19. He made a couple of cuts as a high schooler, then the US Open in 2012 when he was #1 amateur in the world. He definitely had a lot of buzz leading up to his quick win.

Brazdeikis>>>>Barrett

RJ seems to play small when driving the ball and is easily blocked on most contests.

Personally, any time the US can add another World Title to the trophy case, I’m all for it.

I know it’s just Summer League but color me shocked/impressed with what Tyler Herro is doing.

Next door neighbors had a huge fireworks show in the middle of our street, roughly 20 feet from my driveway . . . Saturday night. Guess whose driveway and SUV and roof got littered with ash and firework turds? That’s right! You’re so smart! I’d be fine with it, but the lady of the house came over to knock on our door at 9:30 on a school night when I was away at a ballgame one night to tell my wife that our dog had WALKED ACROSS her newly pressure washed concrete driveway. He didn’t piss or shit on it, just walked across it. Otherwise, they’re good neighbors. They mean well . . .

Hope everyone had a good, conflict free Independence Day Weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT