ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to dip joints in amyl nitrite when I was in high school. Closest thing I ever came to huffing.

As far as snorting, there are probably still remnants of fishscale rooster on my old truck’s dashboard (where ever it is)

I feel like the over-the-top patriotic dbag wearing the ridiculous USA themed speedo-shooting fireworks from their butthole while lifting weights on a boat and smoking 3 cigars thing has jumped the shark.
How do you feel about oversized face shield visor sunglasses? I picked up a pair for an upcoming mini-family reunion and am really looking forward to helping them jump the shark for EDM festival kids everywhere.

They seem like an easy winner over standard jawbreakers in the competitive youth baseball coaching circuit, IMO.

Reactions: B Rax and WynnDuffy
* Back from Sarasota after a few days visiting family. Ran into Vitale at Another Broken Egg in Lakewood Ranch, that place he's always promoting during broadcasts. Turns out he owns the building. He was posted up at a corner table, selling his books, hats, etc., all to benefit research for pediatric cancer. He catches alot of shit for his game-calling (rightfully so), but the amount of work he's put into his charities cannot be understated. He's truly doing the Lord's work. Also, he's way more understated in person, and Dickie V unplugged is whole different person that what we've all seen on TV these last ~40 years. Nice guy, though.

* Re: Lorenzen, I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. What a personality, and what an athlete. As someone who doesn't struggle with weight or overeating, I've always been intrigued by people with food addictions. It doesn't appear to a chemical addiction like drugs/booze, but the psychological component fascinates me. I heard Dr. Drew say once that most folks who are morbidly obese tend to hide their eating, much like alcoholics hide their drinking. I have a paralegal who weighs at least 300 lbs, and she -- just like that Tommy Tomlinson piece illustrated -- loves food. Always planning her next meal, always talking about her last meal, always looking up menus or recipes online, etc. I've walked into the office on a mid-Saturday afternoon and she's in the middle of a large pizza or big container of Chinese food, or a burger/fries, or whatever. That's got to be a miserable problem to deal with.

* Been watching a bunch of tennis this summer. I wish more Americans were ranked in the top 20, but hopefully this Coco Gauff girl can keep this up.

* Annual 4th of July "Twilight Zone" marathon on SyFy is so money.

* SEC Media Days a week from Monday. The season is getting closer...

* Unabashed fan of Marianne Williamson. Crazier than a shithouse rat, but likable.

* Alex Morgan: :fire:

Marianne-Williamson-640x480.jpg

Went there for my grandmother’s 99th birthday at the behest of my mother on a Tuesday morning. But no, I was not shocked to see him there.

Did you bring a nanny with you?

We wanted to offered to take the lass’s cousin who’s on summer break at UK but she couldn’t get off work. I wanted to take one of the day care teachers but the lass didn’t want to.

Just the 4 of us but a buddy of mine from college
lives down there and he’s hooking us up with his sitter for at least a day/night.

It’ll be challenging but I can’t wait.

Sucks that SGAs growth is going to be stunted having to play with Westbrook, but love having Leonard/George to the Clippers. The West us going to be ridiculous the next couple years.

At first glance, I am not sure why Kawhi would go to the Clippers over the Lakers. With Kahwi, the Lakers are basically sure things to dominate for the next half decade. But the Clippers with Paul George? Am I wrong to think that he had a better situation in Toronto, minus the weather?

Wanted to be in LA and didn't want to be part of a 'super team' so the Clippers had to find a way to get him his desired sidekick in George and they won out.

Raptors situation may be better short term like next year only (Lowry, Green, and Gasol are all mid 30s) and the East is more manageable. Ultimately he got another title and got to do what he wanted all along and go back home.

Last edited:
For all of the talk about how old school Kawhi is, this will be the 3rd team he’s played for and he’s not even 30 yet. I’m not criticizing him at all, just calling out some of these narrative writers. They have a few plot holes to fill in regarding their new protagonist.

Reactions: Hankshaker
That Paul George trade....:scream::scream::scream:

1st round:
2023 (protected / swap)
2025 (swap)

Also sending Shai Alexander and Danilo Gallinari.

:joy:

Dude. If this doesn’t work out, it could be one of the best/worst trades of all time.

For all of the talk about how old school Kawhi is, this will be the 3rd team he’s played for and he’s not even 30 yet. I’m not criticizing him at all, just calling out some of these narrative writers. They have a few plot holes to fill in regarding their new protagonist.

He’s only chosen where he’s wanted to play once.

Reactions: GrandePdre
That Paul George trade....:scream::scream::scream:

1st round:
2023 (protected / swap)
2025 (swap)

Also sending Shai Alexander and Danilo Gallinari.

:joy:

Dude. If this doesn’t work out, it could be one of the best/worst trades of all time.

Shades of Herschel Walker.

In retrospect, that trade was supremely stupid but Herschel Walker is up there with Bo Jackson as one of the baddest motherf***ers the Lord ever created so I get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sligocat92
Not only does Toronto have some aging players but they also have 3-4 key players with expiring contracts after this coming season. Probably can't afford to keep them all/might not want to due to age.

Reactions: jayroon
Not only does Toronto have some aging players but they also have 3-4 key players with expiring contracts after this coming season. Probably can't afford to keep them all/might not want to due to age.

Why not sign a one year contract to defend the title? That would have been the Ric Flair-est move of all-time.

LeBron James : Going into 17th season - 3 different teams

Kawhi Leonard: Going into 9th season - 3 different teams

Only because you give him credit for going back to Cleveland as the same 3rd team.

To even compare what Lebron did multiple times to what Kawhi is doing is a little short sighted.

So now it comes out that OKC was exploring a trade to Toronto that would have included Westbrook and George, wondering if they are still looking to trade Westbrook and just starting all over. Wish the NBA season could start tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT