ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude jumped off a bridge into the LA River (concrete). Don't think that would be at the top of my list on ways to go. Especially if you survived for a few minutes. :(

A few minutes?

He cut the course and got there in 42 seconds.

I haven’t seen anything on it other than what’s been posted here. And based on that, I can see no conceivable context in which GD AC could be considered anything “ist” unless it’s coolest. IF whoever said that is serious, they are the exact reason social media has become a legitimate problem.
CoolEst you dummy

Reactions: Joey Rupption
A few minutes?

He cut the course and got there in 42 seconds.
Everyone in that story needs chill the f*ck out. Drop the info to the race organizer and let them do their thing. He can be cast out without ruining his life and medical practice. Also, don't cut courses to set f*cking world records, dumbass. It's running, no one gives a shit.

Everyone in that story needs chill the f*ck out. Drop the info to the race organizer and let them do their thing. He can be cast out without ruining his life and medical practice. Also, don't cut courses to set f*cking world records, dumbass. It's running, no one gives a shit.
It’s the internet, EVERYONE gives a shit

It’s amazing to me people don’t just wait things out for the full 48 minutes everyone is outraged before moving on to something else to be outraged about that matters very little.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Well on the bright side, it’s gonna be 93 and sunny this coming weekend.

Enjoy the heat you bunch of ‘ist’s.

Reactions: Midway Cat
Honestly, you should have your ass kicked just for going to Disneyland in the first place. What an awful place to spend a vacation.

Reactions: Mossip
So two different dudes just straight up punch women in the face when they weren't being physically attacked? That's pretty amazing in its awfulness. Both women were clearly instigating things but to just straight up punch a woman in the mouth and then continue to beat her and try to pull her weave off? Good Lord.

I hope the entire lot of them lose custody.

Reactions: Col. Angus
“Idiocracy” was inspired by Mike Judge witnessing a Disneyland fight:

“...when I really decided to try to write it it was in 2001 when I was standing in line with my daughters, who were little at the time, at the Teacups ride at Disneyland. These two mothers with kids in strollers started yelling at each other, and saying ‘bitch,’ and all kinds of expletives. They were about to fight. And I was just looking around and just thinking, ‘God, this is not the way Disney imagined it being.”

I don't disagree, but coming from the guy who spends a fortune going to other cities to walk 100 miles, that's pretty f@cking rich.

giphy.gif

Reactions: UKRob 73
One of the really hilarious things I like to do is when a guy tries to play defense and a guy slam dunks it over him, I always immediately go to Twitter and tweet “he dead!” Like I know he’s not dead but it’s funny. Like man, maybe don’t play defense next time. That guy 10 inches taller than you just stuffed it hard. You dead bro.

Pretty crazy how much Westbrook's star has fallen off, given he was MVP a few seasons ago and is still a walking triple-double. I understand the criticisms against him & agree with many of them, but almost feel like now he's actually way undervalued. Dude plays his ass off and has been loyal to OKC from Day 1. Paul George just had the best year of his career (1st Team All NBA, 3rd in MVP) playing alongside him.

His shelf life is likely more limited than most of the guys he's compared to b/c his game is so predicated on his extreme athleticism, but I still think he's got many elite years left in him - just going to boil down to whether he's willing to sacrifice & adapt his game to "win" rather than stuff a stat sheet - I think he can & will, especially now that he's seeing all these other guys do the same.

Seems most people hate these stars joining up, but I just do not have a problem with guys wanting to win vs be "the man" on some marginal team. Is Anthony Davis a pussy for getting out of NOLA and joining Lebron? The Durant situation was a bit different given the circumstances of him joining the exact team he could not beat (and that was ALREADY a 'super team'), but overall I don't see it as much different than when 5* recruits want to go to Duke or UK to play on a loaded, winning, squad vs being the lone star on a bubble team -- we pretty much dog the guys who do exactly that.

Last edited:
“Idiocracy” was inspired by Mike Judge witnessing a Disneyland fight:

“...when I really decided to try to write it it was in 2001 when I was standing in line with my daughters, who were little at the time, at the Teacups ride at Disneyland. These two mothers with kids in strollers started yelling at each other, and saying ‘bitch,’ and all kinds of expletives. They were about to fight. And I was just looking around and just thinking, ‘God, this is not the way Disney imagined it being.”
Hey I just had an observation but did you ever take a critical look at that film and think to yourself it had some documentary elements given the state of the world today lol

-For all the things that MLB does wrong, it gets its All-Star festivities absolutely right. The HR Derby was epic viewing. The Futures Game was actually a fun watch(that Trammell kid is gonna be something else for Cincy). And even the ASG intros always feature some pretty cool moments. The ASG itself is pretty terrible, since it usually boils down to a random Royals pitcher vs. a random Padres hitter in the 9th after all the studs have been pulled, but still....the whole thing never fails to get me interested in baseball again for the home stretch of the season. Especially this year, with all the unbelievable young talent. It's the one professional all-star scene that actually seems to pull people in.

-Yankees vs. Red Sox at Yankee Stadium in three weeks. That won't suck.

-Man, nothing prepares you for navigating the waters when your parent has Alzheimer's. It strikes so differently. And it's hard to know what's "okay" emotionally....anger vs. sadness vs. bitterness. Is it okay to laugh at some of the ridiculous things that happen as a result of it? I mean, it seems like if you can't at least chuckle at some of the stuff, you'll go crazy. But then you feel guilty for that, too. It's just hard.

-The Dante kid is a nice prospect, but in 2019, I just don't think you need a third big to push you over the top, unless it's a needle-mover like Blackshear would have been. MSU was the only one of the Final Four teams who had three legit post presences(Goins, Ward, and Tillman), and they were an outlier. Plus, if you lose him, it's not like he's going to a team that needs him as their final title piece.

-I'm batting about .250 on picking sweet corn this summer, but about .750 on picking canteloupe.

-Three of the greatest men's tennis players of all time still battling it out, and I still completely forget to watch.

Apparently the deceased in that MMA fight was talking a whole lot of shit beforehand - including some really personal stuff. That being the case, ol' boy deserved whatever he got.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
I mean, I’m happy that Matt gonna stay with KSR so I can be entertained, but man the thought of having to endure more ads of Amy playing soccer or talking about flying combat missions makes me nauseous.

Oh well, she’ll go down in flames again.

So does this mean that Matt Jones continues his KSR empire? The Dems are backing the jet pilot and Matt has zero shot without national party money especially against Cocaine Mitch.

Jones is probably smart to sit out this upcoming debacle of an election. With Trump going for re-election, things are going to be absolutely blood-thirsty on both sides, especially with the whole issue about gerrymandering based on the 2020 census lying in the background.

Jones' appeal is being able to talk to everyone in a red state and being likable across the aisle. If he wants to be in the senate, it probably makes a lot more sense to run against Andy Barr for 2022. It is a mid-term election and Barr is far more beatable than Cocaine Mitch.

(Also, the Cocaine Mitch thing is absolutely and 100% hysterical regardless of your politics.)

A VERY conservative guy I knew in law school swore up and down that Mitch was booted from the military after getting caught engaging in buggery in the showers. It was covered up, of course. Unfortunately, I think of that story every time I see him. Turtle-lookin' motherf***er.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT