ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has my respect. Terrific in the booth and in the studio.

But yeah.

She is up there with Doris as legitimately good as a reporter/analyst and not just a skirt with a mike. Lawson was one of the best on SEC games.

With that said, I'm not sure that translates well to the skills needed to be an NBA assistant but the Celtics are one of the smartest, best-run NBA teams so I am sure they've got a solid plan.

Reactions: TCPUKChamps
As a Celtics enthusiast, I'd much rather have Kemba than Kyrie. The chemistry was never right with Irving and that squad, one that made the Eastern Conference Finals the year prior w/o him. He's a great player but it wasn't a good fit. Kemba is a great fit. He plays with pride and passion. He's a constant attacker. Boston loves that.

I also would like to see them go after Randle. They've been rumored to have interest in Vucevic, who would be a great fit, but Randle in green along with Kemba and that young core would be exciting to watch.

I also like what they did in the draft. Romeo could actually turn into a player under Stevens' tutelage. We all know what Williams and Waters are about. Then add Carsen Edwards, who could be a big time steal.

Danny Ainge has been getting a lot of criticism for his handling of the Kyrie/AD supersquad situation, some which may be warranted. But if he comes away with Kemba and a solid big while keeping Tatum and Brown then the future is bright as hell. Plus, I'm a big Brad Stevens believer. He doesn't have to deal with the Kyrie drama anymore. Watch out for the Celts!

Last edited:
Reactions: jayroon
I think the movie ends the same way it has the last 4 years. Until we get a superstar OR two I think Cal’s second half of his tenure here will be Tubbyesque, which it has been since 2015. Hope like hell im wrong but don’t see #9 coming until we can separate talent wise. It’s an unfortunate take but how I feel.

I do think #9 will come before he retires but it won’t be this year.

^ Tubbyesque? That's strong. That Fox/Monk/Bam team wasn't at all Tubbyesque. We were dropping 10+ games annually during those last Tubby years.

Bernie.

Holy moly if you’re rooting for anyone but him you’re an asshole. He’s along the sane lines as Florida Georgia Line for me. So completely absurd and ridiculous I laugh just thinking about him. And Larry David’s absolutely amazing impression.

:joy:

I could truly listen to him rant and rave about anything anytime anywhere.

Feel the Bern, y’all. We need this hilarity for another year and a half.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
Summer’s awesome- hope everyone’s enjoying the ass sweat, shitty sports and traffic jams. Trash season for garbage people.

Good gracious.. What a horrendous take laced with pure dogshit. 3 days in to a true summer week and you’re already bitchin. Blue skies and sunshine. Long days. Beautiful nights. It’s been warm but not even humid.

Bernie.

Holy moly if you’re rooting for anyone but him you’re an asshole. He’s along the sane lines as Florida Georgia Line for me. So completely absurd and ridiculous I laugh just thinking about him. And Larry David’s absolutely amazing impression.

:joy:

I could truly listen to him rant and rave about anything anytime anywhere.

Feel the Bern, y’all. We need this hilarity for another year and a half.

I can't believe this old man yelling at clouds has made it this far. Delusional, impossible policy positions.

I think the movie ends the same way it has the last 4 years. Until we get a superstar OR two I think Cal’s second half of his tenure here will be Tubbyesque, which it has been since 2015. Hope like hell im wrong but don’t see #9 coming until we can separate talent wise. It’s an unfortunate take but how I feel.

I do think #9 will come before he retires but it won’t be this year.

You can still delete this before too many people read it. Good luck.

We've rehashed this a bunch before and since it's the dog days of summer.... I guess if you keep knocking at the door that's all you can really ask. HOWEVER, as an entitled and irrational UK fan:

Unless 1) there's some transcendent talent that can create a serious disturbance in the Force or 2) Cal evolves his offensive strategy to embrace the 3 point shot/small ball --- it's going to be a challenge (moreso than we thought it would be 7 or 8 years ago obvs).

Sounds whack I know but shooting is the great equalizer. Not height. Not positionless propaganda. Not being your brother's keeper. Shooting is a skill that seems to be amazingly neglected by Cal and it's bit us in the ass.

DJ PM Pretty Man Joel Justus of the Justus Files crunched the numbers, and 3 points are worth as much as two.

Nice try, though.

Reactions: Mashburned
Absurd overoveroververwhelming talent.

Guess I forgot that one but I thought it was kind of understood.

(and even that failed)

What's your take, chad?

My take is sometimes you make the clutch shots (‘11, ‘14), sometimes you don’t (‘17, ‘19).

And every 10-15 years, you’re blessed with a ridiculous team (‘78, ‘96, ‘12, ‘15).

All you can ask is that your coach puts you in the position to consistently knock on that door. Our does that. So, I’m not going to bitch and moan and whine and cry over the details. I’m going to believe in my dude and actually enjoy offseasons when my team is one of the 2-3 favorites.

That’ my GD take.

My take is sometimes you make the clutch shots (‘11, ‘14), sometimes you don’t (‘17, ‘19).

And every 10-15 years, you’re blessed with a ridiculous team (‘78, ‘96, ‘12, ‘15).

All you can ask is that your coach puts you in the position to consistently knock on that door. Our does that. So, I’m not going to bitch and moan and whine and cry over the details. I’m going to believe in my dude and actually enjoy offseasons when my team is one of the 2-3 favorites.

That’ my GD take.

So you agree; shooting, overwhelming talent, and putting teams out there who keep knocking at the door.

And FTR, you're one of the most prolific on this entire network as someone that does exactly this ---> "bitch and moan and whine and cry over the details".

Reactions: Col. Angus
I'm only gonna say this once and once only... Suggestion! Please stop in during Streaming. I'll give a shout out whoever wants a shout out. This is wat Everybody Take a sec, min, or whenever God tells me to quit. Put it this way I'm gonna call some Fake Asses Out tonight, Live... Bet,..Mesmerize Entertainment Productions™2019

So you agree; shooting, overwhelming talent, and putting teams out there who keep knocking at the door.

And FTR, you're one of the most prolific on this entire network as someone that does exactly this ---> "bitch and moan and whine and cry over the details".

Shew wee, shots fired.

- The Precinct last night.

Collinsworth filet
Oysters
Mac n Cheese
Cheesecake

Probably my all-time favorite meal. Always delivers. Wish I could have it 5x a week like DocBoat. For all the hype, found the atmosphere at Ruby’s downtown to be just as good.

- FTR, I get what Geese is saying and understand the overall frustration of the last 5 years.

- He ripped our hearts out but nothing but respect for Kemba Walker.

- 23 is a stupid number.

- Any of you NKY folk want to come out, we’ll be having drinks in East Newport all night. Starting at the Crazy Fox at 630.

Funny- to me anyway- to think that Indiana probably had the right coach to fit into their culture and bring them back to prominence long ago with Kelvin Sampson but fired him because he texted kids too much. :joy:

F you, Hoosiers!

Funny- to me anyway- to think that Indiana probably had the right coach to fit into their culture and bring them back to prominence long ago with Kelvin Sampson but fired him because he texted kids too much. :joy:

F you, Hoosiers!
While they allowed an asshole to roam the sidelines abusing players and bullying staff/reporters for 30 years. Good for them.

-Precinct is a cool place, I love their bar, and better date spot that downtown Ruby's.

-Malik Monk shot 47% in the tourney vs Wichita, UCLA, and UNC. Had a 0-6 night vs NorKY which put him at 36% for the entire tourney but he didn't go "ice cold." We unfortunately played the title game in the E8.

-Some of you have different memories of the final Tubby years than I do.

-My expectations of Maxey may be set too high.

-Down I'm guessing about 15# since the winter coat was in full force and added a more this year b/c of my shoulder injury. Been a steady decline rather than my typical crash diet nonsense.

-Going to be buried at work all weekend. Eye on the prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT