Status
Not open for further replies.
Underrated George Strait Songs:

1. Marina del Rey
2. Trains Make Me Lonesome
3. She Let Herself Go
4. Blame it on Mexico
5. Lefty’s Gone

If you shot the ball one foot inside that 3pt line Pitino would yank you immediately. No exceptions to the rule either.

At his camps he taught that as well.

The lack of awareness of this with Cal coached teams is maybe the worst part of his coaching. I assume he likes the 1 foot inside the 3pt line though, as it isn’t a 3.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
WC - since you’re into George Strait deep cuts, try out The Mavericks station on Pandora. A forgotten 90s rockabilly/country group that you could confuse with Yoakem. Very eclectic station. Just as liable to hear a deep cut from King George as you are a slide guitar instrumental.

Not to invade WillyJ’s expertise here, but kids today love the little numbers on their jerseys. They are crazy for the single digits, but will settle for #30 if nothing else is available. You don’t see numbers in the 40s at all anymore. And the big “double nickel” is as outdated as a standing Chi-Chi’s.

Had to buy a new riding mower yesterday. Septic tank issues in April. Capacitor went out on the HVAC in May. For Christmas I hope the kids like Go-Bots! Home owning can suck.

USA’s females play in a soccer game today. This has been your soccer update!

:victory:

*PS - the 3 point line is moving back, isn’t it?

Reactions: wcc31
Doron Lamb worshiped the big stage. Cool as a cucumber. Marcus be casually hoopin’ at Rucker Park.

Dude pretty much told everyone during the pre-UNC hype fest in 2011 that he planned on rolling out of bed maybe mid morning, would catch a ride to Rupp, scorch the Heels and then have himself a nice little Saturday afternoon with Richie2skype or whatever his name was.

Dlamb20 was pouring syrup all over his breakfast plate, pouring lotion on Richyp69's face, then rolling out of bed and balling. Live my dream right now LOL WHATS UP

It was a simpler time. We'll never get that back.

Shorts:

- It's been said before and I'll say it again. Long catch-up GYERO is some of the best GYERO. Watching the conversation organically flow from civil conversation to trash talking and hazing then back to being civil as if nothing ever happened is my hotboggan.

- Went to Memphis last weekend to visit some friends and we took all of the kids to the zoo. It was pretty cool but still give me Cincy all air. For one they haven't caught on to the idea that parents would like to have the option of drinking beer while there. Plus no LaRosa's but can't really hold that against them. Just really made me appreciate how good Cincy's zoo experience is, though.

- HHI next week for the 4th. Island turns into a complete mess for the holiday but the fireworks experience with the entire 18th hole covered from tee to green with families to watch the show over the water makes it all worth it. Will be living it through the eyes of my 2 and 4 year old more than anything. Sea Pines is pretty cool about letting families just chill on the golf course like that, not sure I would do the same if it were my course.

- Give me Corona with lime and margaritas while on the island. Really makes that vacation feel truly sink in.

- Speaking of margaritas, heading to Buffett on the river in a few weeks. I lost count awhile back on how many times I've been now, easily well up in the double digits. I know the entire Buffett brand is completely commercialized and kitschy now and has been for a long time, but I don't care. That show is still a blast every single time.

- HOB has basically turned into Rafters. Still great inside recruiting info but you have to filter through a lot more garbage now.

- On that note, people are taking the Blackshear decision well. I still like my team.

- Trying to stay positive but don't love the implications Jennings not choosing UK might have for Rogers. I know recruiting is never certain but really thought them being teammates and Clink being in so early would give the Cats the huge advantage there. Eh well, December is a long time away, just going to enjoy this season in the meantime.

- Had been doing pretty well with my fitness and nutrition regimen but when it's this amazing outside all I want to do is pound collides on the back patio or at the pool, so slipping a bit lately. Need to get back on it.

Last edited:
Friday 5 (Summer Beer Playlist)
1. Sublime- Badfish
2. Mellencamp- Cherry Bomb
3. Don Henley- Boys of Summer
4. Sammy Kershaw- Vidalia
5. Black Crowes- Hard to Handle

*People seem shocked that FIFA hasnt really promoted the Women's World Cup or even seem to care much about it. People also forget that FIFA is the most corrupt organization imaginable, just using the sport to justify and cover the laundering of millions of dollars. They do make a bomb ass video game though.

*Recently started taking German.Its not going very well, but I've long wanted to visit the country and I had some audible credits to burn so I'm digging in.

*When Sting showed up at the MTV Awards to sing with Puff on the "I'll be Missing You" remix... could've been a turning point for society but we've just taken steps further back even since that historic moment.

*Was late to the game on "Southern Charm" but man- what an awful group of people you cant take your eyes off of. Shep is probably the biggest douche but all of the other dudes are close. Most of the chicks are only moderately awful except Kathryn who is seemingly the definition of white trash.

The main issue is we follow an absolutely awful sport with a championship literally designed to manufacture ZANY and WACKY upsets. In no other sport is the 64th ranked team consistently given the opportunity to beat the top ranked team by having them play at a neutral court where sometimes the 64th ranked team actually ends up with a home court advantage on a neutral site court (see Virginia).

No top team gets to take advantage of their good record with home court, 64 teams get in, the referees are different from the ones you’ve had in the regular season, tv timeouts are longer, the final four is played in a massive dome unlike anything you’ve played in all year with completely different sight lines. I mean what other sport has a completely different clustertouch setup to choose the “champion” and actively promotes the MADNESS of top teams losing?

How many times since Cal has been here has the odds on favorite to win even made it to the championship game?
2010? NOPE
2011?NOPE
2012,2013: YES
2014: NOPE
2015:NOPE
2016:NOPE
2017:NOPE
2018:NOPE
2019:NOPE

It’s a WACKY and ZANY sport! Basketball is fickle enough (Celtics this year beating Bucks by 20 first game they played) before adding all the other stupid shit they do.

*Was late to the game on "Southern Charm" but man- what an awful group of people you cant take your eyes off of. Shep is probably the biggest douche but all of the other dudes are close.
image6.jpg

Southern Charm is a nice change of pace from Vanderpump Rules. Good call.

Speaking of, Jax is HOF and is actually getting married at the Castle in WOFOCO tomorrow. Anth let me know if you run into him at SkyBar tonight!!

If you're watching that you might as well just admit that your wife has your dick in a mason jar under the sink.

Holy shit. Grow a pair.

- I actually like most of the Southern Charm cast- particularly Shep and Cameron. Craig is the worst.

- This World Cup pay inequality controversy is dumb AF. Mens soccer makes a helluva lot more $$$- hence the men getting paid more. Pretty simple.

- You can always count on Clark to come through with a decent set of randoms. I appreciate that. He actually gives to GYERO. Some of you a-holes (not to name names but King Llama is who I’m referring to here) only take from GYERO.

- Already thinking about how I’m going to spend the thousands I’m going to make as being part of BRax’s boys’ entourage when they make it big. Uncle WCC they’ll call me.

- Notice PTI doesn’t brag nearly as much about New Orleans in the summer. Enjoy the swampass, d-head.

- Man, had some good nights at Austin City back in the day.

- I love HHI but my beach snob wife thinks it sucks.

So Cameron from Real World San Diego is on Southern Charmed, might be worth a watch. I see that she is married and putting out now (at least a couple times because she apparently has kids) and not using Brad for attention. Her along with the Asian chick were probably the best 1-2 punch in RW history, at least until I stopped watching over a decade ago.

Had to buy a new riding mower yesterday. Septic tank issues in April. Capacitor went out on the HVAC in May. For Christmas I hope the kids like Go-Bots! Home owning can suck.

USA’s females play in a soccer game today. This has been your soccer update!

Just in the last month...
Deck replaced...5K
Big tree removed...1K
Bathroom renovation...2K
Dave Ramsey house fund to the rescue. Pti would be proud.

Aside from Richie having awful beer tastes, guy is as gyero as anyone I have ever met on here, along with 73.

Looking for an epic BBdK round today in his city tourney.

Hank...tone it down on occasion. No need to come off like a pron version of Webster's every time you type.

Lib debates are epic insanity. Orange man in a landslide unless JFK decides to run.

90 degrees and loving it...right, Chad?

Katie Kearney and Tara Frost are must instagram follows.

Saturday...Farmers Market, seeing the new grandbaby, pressure washing, and ribeyes w/ some ice cold Lagunitas Little Sumpin'....

And only a few of the USA team are females...best guess.

Enjoy.

Shotes:

-Played practice round at Seneca this morning, had been 15 years at least. That's a helluva public/parks course, man. In flawless shape, and 7100+ is about all this old guy can handle these days, and that's being generous. Gonna be a long weekend out there, I'm afraid.

-I'm sure I'll hit Florida/SC beaches again at some point, but short of an emergency kid/family vacation, I don't know when it would be. If you're just looking for a relaxing beach vacation, the Caribbean/Mexico, to me, is a no brainer - and it's just as easy (if not easier) to get to. Kids throw a wrench in that, obvs.

That said, I love Hilton Head. The beach/water is marginal, as is the entire Atlantic for the most part, but I just worship the overall feel of that place & all it has to offer outside of the beach. Could easily retire there.

-I absolutely love watching World Cup soccer. Men & Women.

-I didn't realize you guys still watched all those trash shows. Good grief.

-Wife left town again this morning for Asheville. :raised_hands:

-Anyone watching 'City on a Hill' in Showtimes? 2 episodes in, still up in the air on it - definitely has potential. Enjoy the old Boston corruption/mob premise, seems like a somewhat new setting for a show...at least of the one's I've seen.

-Rozay & Drake are batting about .996 over the years when they team up, and 'Money in Grave' is :fire:. Old ass Twista released an album out of nowhere today as well. "Summer 96". Maybe that will provide some throwback vibes -- teamed up with Do or Die on several. Man those dudes had a SOUND. I miss the days of guaranteed plentiful summer jams. :cry:

-Summer is fiction/novel time for me, recs appreciated?

-Have almost blocked Rex more times than I can count. The dude sucks ass, but he's been coming strong with #DogTwitter (the best Twitter) of late. My little JRT would pull some shit like this, without question.

-With Blackshear, Florida has one of the better rosters in the country - pretty complete team there, a nice returning backcourt, 2 incoming 5*, and a proven stud center. SEC should be good yet again.

-I think bum ass Hagans has a monster year.

-Hope everyone has a wonderful, sunny, weekend!

Last edited:
Watched on YouTube a couple of years , a replay of the Dec. 1986 UK -UofL game and there was a pre- game segment talking to Denny Crum about the brand new 3-point shot and he was visibly angry about it, said it wasn't really basketball. And he ended up dying on that hill. Cal isn't that bad but it's worrisome.

Bbdk also hadn't been on a plane or watched a single quotable movie until pretty much last fall.

You'll get there, bub. Every man's wife loves them some Andy Cohen.

Reactions: 911guy
I did get on a little 'Below Deck Mediterranean' kick last year after I accidentally watched that sucker for like 10 hours straight on a Hungover Sunday - I mean, you can't not finish the season when that happens. :flushed:

Just never had much for the "bunch of annoying losers in a house" type shows. Gave up on Real World after Season 3 or 4, and never watched any of the spinoffs, challenges, etc. (except Jersey Shore). Bravo is definitely >>> the MTV stuff.

Just really made me appreciate how good Cincy's zoo experience is, though.

Hey man, if you think it’s good now... imagine if they could poach the best architect in a region to lead their virtual construction and design efforts for the next ten years of projects in an effort to become the worlds first net zero zoo.

I’ve heard they’ve been looking since August and couldn’t find anyone in the region with the talent, so it seems like there would be some good leverage and arbitrage there.

Anyway here’s hoping they find that guy and he gives his notice today.

Happy Friday, GYERO!

[banana]

My boy Mickey Paulk got picked up by the law again... this time he got caught in a narcotics bust at a seedy motel, and he tried to evade police on a stolen motorcycle.

If the name doesnt ring a bell, you may have heard of him in the news recently as an outlaw who owned a pet attack squirrel, named "DEEZNUTZ", that he fed meth to to keep it as aggressive as possible. A real innovator in the underground crime scene in Alabama.

I'm only gonna say this once and once only... Suggestion! Please stop in during Streaming. I'll give a shout out whoever wants a shout out. This is wat Everybody Take a sec, min, or whenever God tells me to quit. Put it this way I'm gonna call some Fake Asses Out tonight, Live... Bet,..Mesmerize Entertainment Productions™2019
lil mez?

Shotes:

-Anyone watching 'City on a Hill' in Showtimes? 2 episodes in, still up in the air on it - definitely has potential. Enjoy the old Boston corruption/mob premise, seems like a somewhat new setting for a show...at least of the one's I've seen.

I'll continue to watch but it's not breaking new ground, kind of a mix of Departed/Whitey Bulger/The Town, which you would expect with Damon and Affleck involved.

Representing Kentucky Mainly....?*''¡? ..lol... If your , this is for Everybody...Let People Listen to Their Own MUSIC Genre,, plus you, Crank dat Shit up...Hateas have ya Heard, I mean Listen,...2 Ears..................? Sorry Hateas, Aliens took over da Frequentcy..,.lmao... anyway, lol...go smoke ya a nice Power Diseal Blunt wit ya Brotheas & Sisteas.So now whose ****in Fake, Hateas.. Da Lord Knos and ...Meant To Be.. Mesmerize Entertainment Productions™2019

Speaking of, Jax is HOF and is actually getting married at the Castle in WOFOCO tomorrow. Anth let me know if you run into him at SkyBar tonight!!

-Random mid afternoon drunk Facetime call yesterday from my cousin hanging out with her 40 year old, day drunk mommy posse around the Cardinal Club pool, all of them crowded around her phone listening to my every answer:

"Hey, do you know about the Vanderpump Rules wedding down the road from your house at the Castle?"
"Can you get us in?"
"Know where they are staying?"
"Think they will go to Woodford Reserve?"
"Can we stay at your house this weekend? Just me and 3 girlfriends?"
"Know where they are going all weekend?"
"Nevermind on us staying at your house, they are at the Hilton and we just got rooms there."
"Think we will run into (insert random show persons name here) if we hang at the Hilton bar?"
"What's the cool bars we should hang out at in Lexington that they will go too?"

Just because I live a couple miles away from the Castle doesnt mean I know ISH about the wedding or their whole wedding itinerary stalker hoes. Ive watched an episode or 3 in my day, but gawd damn the women folk sure are excited about the reality star invasion going on here in Central Kentucky.

-Leave for Hilton Head next week and staying for 11 days. Hoping to find that bar with the $1 Red Stripe again. Also looking forward to not having to share a bed with Chad this trip. AirBnB on the beach with a pool and not far from Coligny FTW.

-Happy Birthday Chad! Hope you have a big weekend buddy. Cheers to you.

-Geese's backyard >>>>>>> Every other backyard Ive ever been in.

Last edited:
City on a Hill has been pretty good. just hard to take Kevin Bacon seriously dressed like he is.

Watched the first two episodes of Euphoria last night. Weird but going to give it a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT