ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at “Vandersloot.”
images

Reds again own the Cubs. Bittersweet.

Nice week ahead of them to get back to .500, and no reason to think they won’t do it. Then Scooter is back.

This team is playoff caliber, but Votto really needs to have more than 8 RBI in 2 months. Suarez is hitting, Puig is coming alive, Senzel has been fantastic, Iglesias and Peraza have been pleasant surprises, the rotation is good, middle relief is elite, and the closer can do his job.

This has been put together to give Votto one last ooh rah! Come on old man.
yeah let’s look at records. The My Cubs are better. Die.

Why are you so insecure? I too cheer for the Cubs, hence the “bittersweet”.

I respect Votto, and love rooting small market teams that try, and I really like that group of players there this year! They can win.

Don’t be such a pussy!

-Head to head record is 4-2. Just a shame we're digging out of the 0-9 start. I've changed on these guys, not sure they're playoff caliber, but they're fun to watch and the team chemistry seems great.

-:confused: in the office all weekend. Not sure what day it feels like. Friendly reminder to turn your air on before the first holiday of the summer.

-Grilled filet Saturday night. Excellent. Chicken lettuce wraps last night, really good, but I'm hungry af this morning.

-The thing, and I got roasted for saying this before, about Everest is it's not too technical so you get way too many people that have no business being up there. The killers up there are altitude and mother nature. Put together super ego driven rich people and a very poor region that survives on that industry you get way too many people at once.

-Summer :cool2:

Last edited:
Reactions: drxman1 and CSC81
Man last night was fun. Dinner at Tony’s with the Carl’s was maybe the best I’ve had. Sir Barton was perfect. Bottle of Stags Leap. Great catching up with my friends. So funny and random they had another wedding here.

Carl’s had a blast. Zack Attack rocked the house as always. CSC and crew had the dance floor taken over. Good times on a rainy Sunday night.

Happy Memorial Day Gyero.

^Correct. The sherpas set the route with the temporary crossings an lines so the customers can safely climb the mountain. That's the icefall which is below Camp 1.

If you've seen Meru, that's technical climbing. Those dudes are nuts.

I have seen Meru and they are nuts. However, using ropes that will likely prevent your death in case of a fall seems much easier than walking across one of those shaky ladders.

Nothing compares to free climbing dude though.

If only those brave pioneers could see the overcrowded line of rich assholes being dragged along by a bored Nepalese guide wearing flip flops and a light jacket, all for an instagram photo and a story. It's like the Fyre Festival except Ja Rule isn't there and on the way back you die.

Last edited:
And another one bites the dust.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/colorado-lawyer-mount-everest-descending-death

On the way down, no less. At least he died what he apparently loved doing (NB: he didn't die lawyering).

Hopefully the dearly departed will post his last selfies (deathies?) in his honor.

On another subject, Facebook suffers from its users thinking that (a) everyone who has an account MUST have an opinion on every topic ever raised; and (b) everyone else who has an account is dying to read / hear everyone else's opinion on that topic.

I tend to think this thread suffers from the same disease, and those who post most often are the most blind to it.

400 ropes, 100 135# deadlifts, 100 diamond pushups, 100 wall balls, 100 ball slams (both with 20# ball) and 100 EZ bar curls with 45# in 45 minutes or so. Does that count?

Shewee behind a few pages and feels like work heading back to see it all. I know you all will appreciate it though.

ESPN with a real dick move today with the Bill Buckner passing. For the first couple hours it just said he passed and made fateful error at 1st in WS against the Mets. Real cool, shitheads.

Miami has officially left the Keys again after a wonderful weekend with the finest people around. #DontMiamiInKeyWest

Sunrise bike ride in the morning, I’m sure it’ll be a nice lil ride.

130 person Scavenger Hunt were organizing on Thursday. Crushing it like BRax that day but it’s 84 kids as well. I’m sure it’ll go smoothly...

Reactions: drxman1
And another one bites the dust.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/colorado-lawyer-mount-everest-descending-death

On the way down, no less. At least he died what he apparently loved doing (NB: he didn't die lawyering).

Dying on the way down is probably far more common than dying on the way up (I'm not gonna look up the stats).

Adrenaline gets them to the peak, then adrenaline wears off, and fatigue sets in on the descent.

Also, they might start getting low on supplementary oxygen after summiting, so they decrease their flow rate on the way down.

And one more thing: It's tougher to maintain balance while downclimbing than it is while climbing up a steep slope.

Reactions: anthonys735
On another subject, Facebook suffers from its users thinking that (a) everyone who has an account MUST have an opinion on every topic ever raised; and (b) everyone else who has an account is dying to read / hear everyone else's opinion on that topic.

I tend to think this thread suffers from the same disease, and those who post most often are the most blind to it.

Lol, and Rogue goes on to prove this point, oblivious that this was mainly referring to him?

Now, KrazyKat and PTI can post away, as a lurker, it's enjoyable reading.

Lol, gatekeeping the Keys. If a ship captain/mixologist/escape room owner is where the buck stops in the Keys, then by all means, #DoMiamiInKeyWest.

But never #Lex/Lou/CinInCrabIsland

Monday, err Tuesday, shorts:

-Perfect laid back Memorial Day Weekend. 54 holes (74,76,74), 3 days of pool, lots of food/booze, and a few evening gatherings with good company. :americanflag:

-Cleaned up on The Colonial with my new drug of choice, DraftKings golf. Won my first Contest outright, and up high in the money in 2 others. That thing is fun/addicting as hell, building a nice little balance.

-This Matthew Wolff kid is just unreal. Kid is the favorite every time he tees it up, and usually just dominates...as he did in the NCAA Championship. Guy dances around, does the helicopter, & hits his 7i 230. :joy: Dude is going to be a star, and his team won by 30 strokes. Love watching college golf.

Swing your Swing:

-Warriors in 6, and I could see 7. Think it will be closer than people expect, either way - that #North home court is no joke. Love GS tonight off the rest though.

-Got pool drunk Saturday and cancelled steak ressies, and went w/ local Mexican instead. The drought continues. Toby is king of the late drunken steak dinner, but nice food just never appeals to me in that state.

-Landscaping finished. :fire:

-See ya, RJ. Just thrilled Self didn't pull his usual late snag -- and Penny didn't need another one either.

-Keldon Johnson seems to be falling like a rock, which I thought would happen. I just don't see how he's going to be able to score at the next level. 3 & D is his best bet, imo.

-June is going to be a helluva month: Member Guest, Vegas, then wife gone the final 2 weekends on girlie trips. :pray:

-Short week, leggo

-Hampton going overseas. Keep doing you, NCAA. Biggest star in the class and he'd rather play in New Zealand than deal with the nonsense of CBB. Lolz. Awesome.

-Smashburgers. FTMFW.

-Cold Banquette Beer after a hot humid ride was pinnacle of the weekend. Mercy that sucker tasted great.

-Ordered that Everest book, good look.

Reactions: BristolCat
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT