POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You pay tax on SS? On money they already took from you? Jesus Christ.
I hope you're being ironic. This started in 1984 when President Reagan signed the bill that was overwhelmingly supported by both parties. So, for 40 years, SS income has been taxed. Since earned income is subject to SS tax and you don't receive a deduction, it amounts to double taxation when benefits are received.

That system is badly in need of a total revamp: limits on income that is taxed is dumb, 3 and 4 individuals drawing from a single taxpayer's SS benefit is stupid, COLA increases ad infinitum means, if you live long enough, you'll take 3X+ more money out of the system than you ever put in (not counting your spouse, your divorced spouse, a minor on disability, etc.). The world's greatest Ponzi scheme: every dollar collected is paid out in benefits currently (and then some) - pretty much the definition of a Ponzi scheme, right? I'd be all for privatization of SS but no one in Congress will ever go for it, imo.

Reactions: WTF Cat
GTvrG1sakAAS2iK
Had totally forgot about all those losers.

Any efforts to clean up this for 2024 election, or can we expect this to continue?
From what I recall reading/seeing since '20 any election reforms and/or trying to clean up the process has come from red states.
Don't think a single blue state has done anything. May be wrong.
I think even Penn, with a Repub legislature, hasn't done anything with mail-in ballots, counting, etc. Of course they've got a Dem gov so if they passed anything I'm sure it got vetoed.

I hope you're being ironic. This started in 1984 when President Reagan signed the bill that was overwhelmingly supported by both parties. So, for 40 years, SS income has been taxed. Since earned income is subject to SS tax and you don't receive a deduction, it amounts to double taxation when benefits are received.

That system is badly in need of a total revamp: limits on income that is taxed is dumb, 3 and 4 individuals drawing from a single taxpayer's SS benefit is stupid, COLA increases ad infinitum means, if you live long enough, you'll take 3X+ more money out of the system than you ever put in (not counting your spouse, your divorced spouse, a minor on disability, etc.). The world's greatest Ponzi scheme: every dollar collected is paid out in benefits currently (and then some) - pretty much the definition of a Ponzi scheme, right? I'd be all for privatization of SS but no one in Congress will ever go for it, imo.
Thank you for pointing out that Reagan signed this: his greatest mistake IMHO.

Also lmfao that Libs for years played the whole "Anyone but Trump, please!"

.. yet we give them someone else, and it doesn't matter.. A guy like JD Vance might as well be the devil in their eyes. I think this is why Trump is successfully for the right: We know the left is going to pretend every one of our candidates is Hitler.. they did it with Romney, they did it with Kavanaugh, they did it with ACB... they thought they could keep crying wolf over and over, and over again.

You've heard countless discussions here (and likely in your personal lives) where conservatives have gone through the democratic candidates and pick out ones "they could live with" or "vote for".. funny how that's never reciprocated.

If the left isn't going to meet us at least PART of the way to the table on a more moderate candidate, why bother? Why try and give them someone in the middle ground?

From what I recall reading/seeing since '20 any election reforms and/or trying to clean up the process has come from red states.
Don't think a single blue state has done anything. May be wrong.
I think even Penn, with a Repub legislature, hasn't done anything with mail-in ballots, counting, etc. Of course they've got a Dem gov so if they passed anything I'm sure it got vetoed.
PA House Majority Dims passed bill that would have allowed mail-in ballots to be counted stating a week before election day vs. waiting till election day to start counting. Of course many of same people that would count ahead of time are working the election day voting systems. Pub Senate Majority opposed it. Harder to steal if ballots are already counted by election day. Net, no sympathy for that state's outcome.

Reactions: Dionysus444

.. yet we give them someone else, and it doesn't matter.. A guy like JD Vance might as well be the devil in their eyes. I think this is why Trump is successfully for the right: We know the left is going to pretend every one of our candidates is Hitler.. they did it with Romney, they did it with Kavanaugh, they did it with ACB... they thought they could keep crying wolf over and over, and over again.

You've heard countless discussions here (and likely in your personal lives) where conservatives have gone through the democratic candidates and pick out ones "they could live with" or "vote for".. funny how that's never reciprocated.

If the left isn't going to meet us at least PART of the way to the table on a more moderate candidate, why bother? Why try and give them someone in the middle ground?
TL:DR

Summary: Eff the Left.

I concur.

They really got JD Vance now, doubt he can survive what a 'law school friend' said.

Kerr makes some good points here about this:

This is a prime example of why just about every single intelligent, sound minded, logical individual with tremendous leadership and communication skills never would be willing to run and serve their country as President. Such people are too smart and have no desire to be dissected, drawn, and quartered over some comment or text message they may or may not have sent 30 years ago. So we predominantly end up career politicians (Trump being an exception) as candidates who are usually running to serve themselves, not their country.

PA House Majority Dims passed bill that would have allowed mail-in ballots to be counted stating a week before election day vs. waiting till election day to start counting. Of course many of same people that would count ahead of time are working the election day voting systems. Pub Senate Majority opposed it. Harder to steal if ballots are already counted by election day. Net, no sympathy for that state's outcome.
The issue here is mail in ballots SHOULD only be for exceptional circumstances and only account for a small fraction of total votes. Instead it has been turned in to a convenience… and not coincidentally a convenient way to potentially count fraudulent ballots.

It’s in the for-profit healthcare system. The Commerce Clause covers nigh on everything; this court may be conservative, but they aren’t THAT conservative. Of course it could be regulated like any other economic activity.

Okay, Judge D-Sus. We’ll see how you hold up during to the confirmation hearings.

I had no idea. I guess I need to brush up on it.

That seems absolutely insane. Of course the fact that they force you to hand over money that could have been invested and made you far wealthier in retirement says it all about the government.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying. The THC %s were generally in the low single digits back then for dirt weed(seeds, means pollinated). Now everything is sinsemilla(no seeds, unfertilized) and has been bred up, so a strong strain is generally between 20 and 30%. Same stuff, just need significantly less, just like I said. So many ounces of beer equals not as many ounces of wine equals even fewer ounces of liquor.

My gosh, you will fight people on about every issue.

My comment stands. The weed he smoked 40 years ago is not today’s weed. You agree, even though you don’t know it.

The issue here is mail in ballots SHOULD only be for exceptional circumstances and only account for a small fraction of total votes. Instead it has been turned in to a convenience… and not coincidentally a convenient way to potentially count fraudulent ballots.
OK. So that proposed bill is of zero value.

i watched the last part of that. gotta hand it to him he’s not afraid to answer questions, i’m not sure if subjecting himself to a viper pit like that helps or hurts.
I wouldn't do it. I don't think it does anything for you to go talk to DNC operatives. Think the Democrats are going to do sit down interviews with Fox, BreitBart, DailyWire, Louder with Crowder and on and on? No. It's an endless stream of preapproved questions to get campaign talking points in.

In fact, there's very little use of needing the press if you're Trump. You have your own social media accounts. They're coming to show you any time you're doing a rally. Frankly, everyone knows how they're voting. The two candidates couldn't be more polar opposite.

Reactions: WTF Cat and blubo
My political stance is neither left nor right.
My stance is that your rights end where mine begin.
You have a right to your religious beliefs and a right to be outraged over an abortion given to a 12 year old child rape victim..... But your rights end where that rape victim's BODY begins.
You have a right to a weapon of war but my children have a right not to be slaughtered in school by your weapons. The compromise would be limiting who can access those weapons and removing them from the mentally ill or dangerous.
But like I said..... You ignore those gun issues and the slaughter of LIVING, BREATHING children while simultaneously having a laser focus on clumps of cells in another person's body.
Hypocrisy and idiocy all rolled into one.

Now do covid, you hypocritical Village Idiot.

And then, kindly shut up.

I wouldn't do it. I don't think it does anything for you to go talk to DNC operatives. Think the Democrats are going to do sit down interviews with Fox, BreitBart, DailyWire, Louder with Crowder and on and on? No. It's an endless stream of preapproved questions to get campaign talking points in.

In fact, there's very little use of needing the press if you're Trump. You have your own social media accounts. They're coming to show you any time you're doing a rally. Frankly, everyone knows how they're voting. The two candidates couldn't be more polar opposite.
Agree. In most cases, that’s true. I respect him for doing the interview but if you’re Trumps team, you can’t accept that interview. He can’t stay on topic. He goes off the rails WAY TOO OFTEN. He’s likely to say something awful. He can’t speak in detail about anything (only can do his campaign speech talking points), etc. It was an absolute disaster. Trump can’t behave himself. And anytime he’s asked to expound on something that supposedly is his policy, he can’t do anything but ramble (like his thoughts on blanket immunity for cops which doesn’t play well in a community of people who are wrongfully killed by cops all the time). Look at him try to BS his way through that policy which is nothing more than an empty stupid campaign talking point but when pressed on it he’s got nothing, no real plan

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1818716437797609806?s=46&t=MVdiFUXrN7zSTWVSmQ3Rgw

i watched the last part of that. gotta hand it to him he’s not afraid to answer questions, i’m not sure if subjecting himself to a viper pit like that helps or hurts.
He'd be better off spending that time holding a rally in a black neighborhood. Go right to the people and don't waste time with an ultra-left so-called journalist. Go into the black communities...give a speech...and ASK for their support and vote. Do that at least once a week.

Anyone to the right of Dylan Mulaney is a Nazi to the woke mob.

You'd be surprised. People in this part of the country know they've been exploited. You even see that from some here in the thread. Populism is on the rise in both wings of the parties. Among social conservatives and social liberals.

So, they have white privilege, or they're being exploited? Literally cannot be both, yet you claim both.

Which is it, you ridiculous commie?

You just make it up as you go, don't you?

He'd be better off spending that time holding a rally in a black neighborhood. Go right to the people and don't waste time with an ultra-left so-called journalist. Go into the black communities...give a speech...and ASK for their support and vote. Do that at least once a week.
“Ultra-left-so-called-journalist”? You realize Harris Faulkner was there from Fox News also right? He does stuff with her in other venues too. Even she couldn’t reign him in today and try to fix the nonsense he was saying

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT