ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, here are some RANDOMS:

(1) Stressful time of the year for ol' dad - BIG TIME YOUTH SOCCER TRYOUTS (AKA THE ROAD TO BARCELONA AKA HOW TO EXPLOIT YOUR CHILDREN FOR FUN AND PROFIT). My youngest son is finally moving into the pressure cooker. Am I a good parent? Depends on how he performs.

(2) Drank too much Saturday night - I'm not sure alcohol is my friend anymore, gang.

(3) Cleaned my back deck yesterday - GFY, pollen.

(4) Had a cookout. It was fine!

(5) No one goes to Mt. Everest anymore it's too crowded lol

(6) DIAF

Notes from a the-lass-moved-in-this-weekend weekend.....

- women sure do have a lot of sentimental shit. (hey dear, can we throw away these mildewy, threadbare towels? nooooooo!! my great great grandmother gave me those. those towels were my birthright. i'll be damned if any slopes gonna put their greasy yellow hands on my birthright. five long years she wore those towels up her ass. she died of dysentery.")

Ran the ever popular Fat Boy 5k this weekend. Local event that gives additional awards based on weight class, with the top grouping being men > 260 pounds. Post race feast included pizza, donuts, brisket, potato chips, ice cream, beer.......if you're gonna run, I suppose that's the way to do it.

* After a white hot May in which he nearly hit .250 with almost a .300 on-base %, Yasiel Puig is now up to .218/.259 on the season. We're at the 1/3 mark of a 162-game slog, and the Reds have a better record than three National League teams, and are 2 full games clear of dead last in the Central. I'm enthusiastic.

* Have you ever referred to another as your "ride or die?" If so, go F yourself extra hard.

* Chernobyl. :eek::eek:

* In the market for a new-to-me whip.

* The BHVAC crew summitting Kilimanjaro is all-time badass, bucket list-worthy. A lifetime of :raised_hands::raised_hands: for anth and his family, for sure.

* So what BBdK is saying about the NBA Finals is........[** cue Lee Corso voice **]....."closer than the experts think." I agree. Leonard has been the best player on the planet these playoffs, and that franchise has been making wise personnel moves for years.

Hampton leaving Memphis and Kansas holding their d*cks so he can go eat bloomin' onions is why we do this.

Last edited:
Show mommy how the piggies eat...

Always love a Monday holiday, the rest of the week feels like a downhill run. Looking forward to the baseball game and karaoke. Chad quit being a such a noncommittal bitch.

Lass wants to see Ryan locked up, so looks like wings at Ksbar tonight for boat dad.

"There was one time when Kobe, who I worked with for 18 years, was going back to play in Madison Square Garden, and he had just seen 'The Dark Knight,'" Pelinka said. "Obviously, you guys saw that movie, and he's like, 'Hey, hook me up with dinner with Heath Ledger, because he got so locked into that role. I want to know how he mentally went there.' So, he had dinner with Heath, and he talked about how he locks in for a role.

"The Dark Knight" was released in July 2008, six months after Ledger died. A source with direct knowledge said no such arrangement was made and no dinner ever took place.

[laughing] A source, with direct knowledge of how death works, denied that Bryant had dinner with the corpse of actor Heath Ledger.

Sounds like booze sales will be a major topic once again at the SEC Meetings this week. I wonder if Ole MilqueToast is going to come around and allow us rubes in the non premium sections to enjoy adult beverages.

Reactions: Mashburned
You wonder in vain, Richie. He achieved AD of the Year with everyone else in attendance completely stone cold sober, especially at football games. Why venture away?

Sounds like booze sales will be a major topic once again at the SEC Meetings this week. I wonder if Ole MilqueToast is going to come around and allow us rubes in the non premium sections to enjoy adult beverages.

Mentioned it was coming 3 years ago when Texas and OSU started doing it at football games. No chance Bama was going to sit back and allow that to happen. The Lord has spoken to them and it's ok to drink responsibly for a huge profit in the name of Our Savior Saban.

What a silly rule.

On a similar note, BBdK should be in the Guinness Book of World Records for his Commonwealth Stadium exploits. His flask, which is conveniently disguised as binoculars, remains undefeated versus the Yellow Coats after all these years.

As an added bonus, he manages to to mockingly hold them up to his face immediately upon passing security every game. The taunting never gets old, imo.

“ILL BE ABLE TO SEE REALLY WELL WITH THESE ROTFLMAOLOLOLOL”

Not having beer is stupid, but I I can assure you my pockets will be full of contraband either way.

I actually had to retire the Nocs, as 16oz of liquor (after a full day of drinking) proved to be too much for an aging BBdk to handle in game. Plus, I’ve never once been busted at home. Don’t know anyone who has other than Anth honestly, lolz

Strutting in Neyland with my stash around my neck while everyone before & after me got busted was definitely a highlight tho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT