ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday Randoms:

(I've posted dumb one liners in this thread for 10+ years, figured I would give my shitty musings to the masses finally.)

-Visited rural Alabama this past weekend to see the family, filled up on biscuits and gravy, bbq, soup beans, and steak...I may need to lose 5 lbs now.

-Trump, camo, and Confederate flags rule in that part, sometimes you can see all three at one time.

-Bunbury this weekend in Cincy, volunteered to recycle 2 nights for 4 hours and got tickets for the whole festival which usually run 280+...I can drink and pick up trash.

-Memorial day is always hard for me, we lost 3 guys in Iraq from '06 to '07.

-Count me in with "I can't wait for football season." Offense is stacked and the defense has the talent to be good...just young.

-Bye

Matt Jones taking a full month off this summer (or thereabouts)?

Assuming EJ Montgomery is gone, there might literally be no reason to give UK Athletics a single thought before fall football practice starts.

-organic raisin bran.

-primas first day at Newport aquarium sunday. Dropped her off(still not comfortable letting her drive in nky 75 traffic). Rest of family: Breakfast at a taste of Belgium on short vine. Eden park/krohn conservatory butterfly exhibit/art museum. UDF for ice cream. Nice.

-popped over to the gap outlet for "summer clothes" for segunda. Dreaded it...but found an american made cardigan, small victories, gang.

-memorial day: teriyaki chicken w/miso ranch on the weber. Beet salad/asparagus. Rice cooker is the bomb.

-no trip to the cemetery. Spend time with the living...at least thats what Mom wanted us to do. Plus I like visiting "off-peak"...a bit more serene.

-cal will do cal stuff and basketball will be entertaining. Wish guys would stay...but the horse is out of the barn.

-soaking in all of the football hype/vibes. Been a long time coming...ima enjoy it.

-*love* a short week.

* After a white hot May in which he nearly hit .250 with almost a .300 on-base %, Yasiel Puig is now up to .218/.259 on the season. We're at the 1/3 mark of a 162-game slog, and the Reds have a better record than three National League teams, and are 2 full games clear of dead last in the Central. I'm enthusiastic.

Back to back blowouts! 8-1 and was 10-0 until Bell let a kid go in effort to give him his shutout. Too bad he loaded the bases and gave up a grand slam after 7-1/3 of 3 hit baseball.

As I said closing May strong, and without looking I believe the only 2 series the Reds lost this month was to STL and LAD, and friend that’s damn solid baseball.

I love the hate, or animosity you have. Keep it up and maybe you negativity can will them into a run at the playoffs!

I only know *one* Reds/Cubs fan that’s “gushing” over this team, and he’s got a whole host of other issues.

Good news is....

- Senzel has shown some real promise
- the pitching has been lights out
- this Derek Dietrich dude has a great “guy” #thegear

-miso ranch...similar to a tzatziki sauce. SIL brought it, i just cooked the meat.

-no cover to be blown. I eat gas station food *and* haute cuisine...and all things in betwixt.

-organic raisin bran.

-primas first day at Newport aquarium sunday. Dropped her off(still not comfortable letting her drive in nky 75 traffic). Rest of family: Breakfast at a taste of Belgium on short vine. Eden park/krohn conservatory butterfly exhibit/art museum. UDF for ice cream. Nice.

-popped over to the gap outlet for "summer clothes" for segunda. Dreaded it...but found an american made cardigan, small victories, gang.

-memorial day: teriyaki chicken w/miso ranch on the weber. Beet salad/asparagus. Rice cooker is the bomb.

-no trip to the cemetery. Spend time with the living...at least thats what Mom wanted us to do. Plus I like visiting "off-peak"...a bit more serene.

-cal will do cal stuff and basketball will be entertaining. Wish guys would stay...but the horse is out of the barn.

-soaking in all of the football hype/vibes. Been a long time coming...ima enjoy it.

-*love* a short week.

You should stop at Silver Grove Dari-Bar next time you make the trip. Talk about Americana, IMO.

Reactions: rudd1
I only know *one* Reds/Cubs fan that’s “gushing” over this team, and he’s got a whole host of other issues.

Good news is....

- Senzel has shown some real promise
- the pitching has been lights out
- this Derek Dietrich dude has a great “guy” #thegear

I mean, they played 22 out of 29 on the road with 2 separate West Coast trips in there and went 14-15

They are now in a stretch of playing 15 in a row against teams over .500 (Until now) and are 8-6 (Cubs, Dodgers, Brewers, Cubs, Pirates)

Run Differential of +41 is 4th in NL.

I don't think they're a playoff team, but they aren't a last place team either.

But hey, you do you.

I’ll bet you anything you want they won’t finish last place.

I’ll also bet an agreeable amount that they do make the playoffs.

Let me know.

My only real beet experiences are on salads or pickled beets that come with Middle Eastern food, which i worship.

Saw Ryan “in jail” at Ksbar...well sort of jail, he was on his “dinner break” with the wife. Kind of funny though how parents brought their kids over to take pictures like they were going to see Santa. Not sure you want them sitting on his jailhouse lap.

Watched “Glass” last night. James Macavoy with a rather impressive performance.

3 more days.

Drinking a watered down & flat bourbon n coke, especially during the warm weather games, is not nearly enjoyable as knocking back an ice cold domesto.

If you are drinking a "watered down" bourbon "and coke"....you have messed up from the beginning and then one of those ice cold panther piss beers still wouldn't be as good.

Shorts:

- Asheville in two weeks. Can’t wait. Any suggestions besides drinking a lot of beer?

- Picked up some Rock Hill Farms. Looking forward to sipping it a bit this evening.

- Wow- Hocking Hills is amazing.

- Excited to see Anth this weekend. What are the plans Saturday morning and early afternoon?

- I still believe in Nick Richards. Sometimes guys just need the opportunity.

- I’ve got a good month in me before I start pining for fall. Going to enjoy it.

- One of these days, I’m going to catch Tracy Lawrence at a county fair and be in heaven.

- Now that I’ve been married for a year, I’m happy to dispense advice on women to any young lad in need.

- Interviewed some interns yesterday- just me or are these kids a lot more polished these days?

- Summer Beer Rankings:

1. Hudy Delight
2. Miller Lite
3. Oberon
4. Mexican beer - of any kind
5. Kalick

- Will always remember Billy Jack Haskins for that one-armed Tennessee run.

- Doesn’t get any better than a burger off the grill in summer. Cheese. Lettuce. Mustard.

- The tattization of America is disturbing and best illustrated during these months, usually by lakes, rivers and oceans.

-The best burger doesn't even come off the grill. Learn smashburgers.

-Plan Saturday morning is to do some weight lifting with my bro @Bonzo Cat. Welcome to join. Then find a good lunch spot. Wide open.

-I'll happily join you for Tracey Lawrence. tour dates. He's in Madisonville in a few weeks or Franklin, Oh in August.

-Basketball goal shopping today. Probably more excited than G will be.

-Dietrich :joy: That was awesome.

Of course our resident contrarian hates this team when it's easily the most likable team since the playoff group.

I still believe in Nick Richards. Sometimes guys just need the opportunity.

I'm not betting on him turning into a senior Harrelson (which is his absolute ceiling) but I am glad Richards is back. Hope he waxes the hell out of that volleyball player and lives the good life for another year or two.

Dude has improved.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Part of me wonders if maybe we strike out on big men the rest of the way (lose EJ, Blackshear, no 2020 kids reclassify) maybe Cal will be forced to finally evolve and go small. I like the idea of Richards as rim protector behind Maxey and three fast guard/forwards who can shoot. Cal would never willingly do it, but maybe this forces his hand.

I think Richards would thrive in that role.*

*For the 20 minutes per game he can stay out of foul trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hankshaker
[QUOTE="B.B.d.K., post: 7996581, member: 2292"Love watching college golf.
[/QUOTE]

Stanford Golf Coach Conrad Ray is one of my employees son in laws. We've been streaming the NCAA Golf Championships here at the dealership and he's been hooting and hollering like crazy.

<— does not hate the Reds at all. I just fail to see krazys enthusiasm for a last place team. Albeit, one that’s been “on the verge” of murking the NL from top to bottom for two full months. Maybe this is the week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT