ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be the only person in here who has no desire whatsoever to travel Europe or anywhere else across the ocean. I live an exhausting life. When I get a vacation, I’m looking to rest my body and mind.

Collides and good tunes on the beach during the day, more collides and a gluttonous amount of fresh seafood at night. That’s my vacation.

I might be the only person in here who has no desire whatsoever to travel Europe or anywhere else across the ocean. I live an exhausting life. When I get a vacation, I’m looking to rest my body and mind.

Collides and good tunes on the beach during the day, more collides and a gluttonous amount of fresh seafood at night. That’s my vacation.

I lean your way.

A good way to stay fresh on a 10-day jaunt.

City center 3 days
Beach town 2 days
Repeat.

WNBA Randos:

Predictions:

1. Las Vegas
2. Connecticut
3. Washington
4. Los Angeles
5. Atlanta
6. Phoenix
7. Minnesota
8. Dallas
9. Seattle
10. New York
11. Chicago
12. Indiana

Quick Breakdowns:

-I have Vegas first because I predict a scenario similar to when Laimbeer coached in Detroit and went from worst to first and win it all in 2003.

-Connecticut is my second. More mature players and more familiarity with Miller’s coaching. Resurgence from the JJ/AT post duo.

-Washington 3rd because they’ll be around as good as last year but EDD usually isn’t healthy a second year in a row so who knows with her.

-Los Angeles is 4th because I don’t see them as a super team like some do. Parker is missing some time. They lost guards. Beard is old and something’s gotta give. New first time women’s head coach.

-Atlanta is 5th because they still have a good team but won’t be as good without McCoughtry. But Collen is a great head coach.

-Phoenix isn’t as good as people think. No Taurasi for probably the first half of the season. And when she gets back, it’ll take her a while to get to 100% after back surgery and her age will start becoming a factor.

-Minnesota will be fighting for a playoff spot. No Maya. No Whalen. Not sure the status of Brunson but she’s too old now anyways. Same goes for Augustus. Syl and Sims will have to carry the team.

-Dallas is 8th even though they lost Cambage and probably Diggins for a while. I don’t see Azura Stevens being much better this year. She doesn’t seem invested and I’m sure she wants out. But I can’t count out Agler’s great coaching.

-Seattle is 9th because of two words. No Stewart. Bird is a year older. Courtney Paris and KML are still crap. No Dan Hughes. I don’t care what people say about the wonders of Howard. She’s NO Stewart and she had a great season last year because other teams focused on Stewart. No playoffs and they’ll probably win the Lottery again because the WNBA will make sure they fix it for them.

New York is 10th only because there are worse teams in the league then them. Katie Smith is still a horrible coach and Charles is going to be meh again.

-Chicago is 11th. New coach who I believe is a rookie who never coached before or at least never coached women before. He’ll be better than Amber Stocks though but that ain’t saying much. Dolson is still garbage. How she’s still in the league is beyond me. Oh I know. She went to Uconn. If she went to any other school, she wouldn’t have made it past her rookie season. Hell, she probably wouldn’t have even made it past her rookie seasons training camp.

-Indiana is obviously last. Horrible unlikeable head coach whom players despise. No talent what so ever on the roster. Enough said about them.

-Those are my two cents. I can’t wait to see how right or wrong I end up being lol. Either way, plan on another successful season of CUE IT UP on the wood.

A lot that you can do in 10 days but Seville-Paris-Rome isn't a bad play either for a first timer. A little more of a travel gauntlet though.

bbdk's itinerary works well for that close confined trip. Hesitant to say skip London because it's incredible but have always been partial to the mainland. Breadth of cultural differentiations within a couple of hours (or less) is something else.

Whoever mentioned Budapest [thumb2]

Probably the first year since I was 14 not making a trip back over. Enjoy the hell out of it, Chad.

WNBA Randos:

Predictions:

1. Las Vegas
2. Connecticut
3. Washington
4. Los Angeles
5. Atlanta
6. Phoenix
7. Minnesota
8. Dallas
9. Seattle
10. New York
11. Chicago
12. Indiana

Quick Breakdowns:

-I have Vegas first because I predict a scenario similar to when Laimbeer coached in Detroit and went from worst to first and win it all in 2003.

-Connecticut is my second. More mature players and more familiarity with Miller’s coaching. Resurgence from the JJ/AT post duo.

-Washington 3rd because they’ll be around as good as last year but EDD usually isn’t healthy a second year in a row so who knows with her.

-Los Angeles is 4th because I don’t see them as a super team like some do. Parker is missing some time. They lost guards. Beard is old and something’s gotta give. New first time women’s head coach.

-Atlanta is 5th because they still have a good team but won’t be as good without McCoughtry. But Collen is a great head coach.

-Phoenix isn’t as good as people think. No Taurasi for probably the first half of the season. And when she gets back, it’ll take her a while to get to 100% after back surgery and her age will start becoming a factor.

-Minnesota will be fighting for a playoff spot. No Maya. No Whalen. Not sure the status of Brunson but she’s too old now anyways. Same goes for Augustus. Syl and Sims will have to carry the team.

-Dallas is 8th even though they lost Cambage and probably Diggins for a while. I don’t see Azura Stevens being much better this year. She doesn’t seem invested and I’m sure she wants out. But I can’t count out Agler’s great coaching.

-Seattle is 9th because of two words. No Stewart. Bird is a year older. Courtney Paris and KML are still crap. No Dan Hughes. I don’t care what people say about the wonders of Howard. She’s NO Stewart and she had a great season last year because other teams focused on Stewart. No playoffs and they’ll probably win the Lottery again because the WNBA will make sure they fix it for them.

New York is 10th only because there are worse teams in the league then them. Katie Smith is still a horrible coach and Charles is going to be meh again.

-Chicago is 11th. New coach who I believe is a rookie who never coached before or at least never coached women before. He’ll be better than Amber Stocks though but that ain’t saying much. Dolson is still garbage. How she’s still in the league is beyond me. Oh I know. She went to Uconn. If she went to any other school, she wouldn’t have made it past her rookie season. Hell, she probably wouldn’t have even made it past her rookie seasons training camp.

-Indiana is obviously last. Horrible unlikeable head coach whom players despise. No talent what so ever on the roster. Enough said about them.

-Those are my two cents. I can’t wait to see how right or wrong I end up being lol. Either way, plan on another successful season of CUE IT UP on the wood.

I hope this was a cut and paste shot at Chumps, because I didn’t read a word of it when I got to WNBA.

Draft Shorts:

- I’d take Reddish #4 and not think twice. He’ll be a good if not great pro.

- Not sold on Coby White.

- Who will have the better NBA career - Washington or Pat Patterson?

- Why is Cam Johnson NOT getting lotto love in this shit draft?

- Also like Dylan Winder as a second round value.

Reactions: jayroon
Agree 100% on Reddish, he has all the tools -- 18 year olds struggle all the time, and it had to have been tough for a guy like him being 3rd wheel on a team w/ 2 ball dominators. He looks outstanding in his Combine Videos.

:eyes: Didn't really get to showcase his game, and especially his athleticism, at Duke.

-Agree on Cam Johnson, too. One of the more effortless quick releases (with unlimited range) you'll see, seems tailor made for today's NBA. Of all the recruits/transfers we've lost at the buzzer, he was one of the ones that stung the most. Loved his game, and it's something we desperately needed on these last 2 teams.

Kevin Porter Jr. is the wildcard. That guy has the potential to be a star if he can grow up and keep his head on straight.

Last edited:
Reactions: jayroon
PJ is much more suited for NBA success than PP, IMO.

More athletic, more polished offensively. I watch Patterson out there and I can't believe how stiff he plays. He's been awful in OKC. Don't think Peej will have any issues scoring and will continue to be a sneaky mismatch at the next level.

Having said that, I'm amazed Terrence Jones has struggled sticking with it in the League thus far but I hope that has more to do with work ethic and attitude than anything. He had some *nights* for Houston a couple years ago where he was putting some very good numbers across the board.

Relative to size, athleticism, and game Patterson carved out a perfect niche. Cousins and Orton filling the paint and moving him outside was the best thing to happen to his career.

James Young was cut by a G-League team this year.

Reactions: roguemocha
Every time I remember that Duke failed to get to the Final 4 with the Zion, RJ Cam, trio:
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT