ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you bourbon lovers that can’t appreciate a fine rum, well you’re just doing it wrong.

Not ready to throw money down, just getting feedback.

I'm not a "big yard" guy so having a small back patio area doesn't bother me. Also, the ability to take a golf cart to eat, shop, and Y is intriguing.
One of my favorite things about where I live is being able to bike, scoot, cart, etc anywhere you want to go for most purposes.

It doesn’t sound like much but if you’ve been to a lake or town that has those as common transportation it’s really hard to get away from it.

Surprised nobody has recommended that Chad visit the Chernobyl region of the Ukraine for his upcoming trip.

It's so cool that HBO is doing a five-part miniseries on its recent history.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Cocaine Mitch Barnhart winning the AD of the year award was an unexpected surprise (redundancy intentionally included because of the redundancy of his top button.)

Not ready to throw money down, just getting feedback.

I'm not a "big yard" guy so having a small back patio area doesn't bother me. Also, the ability to take a golf cart to eat, shop, and Y is intriguing.

Parts of the subdivision reminds me of Coronado....minus the bay and ocean views.

But:
Price/sq.ft is outrageous
Seems like a cult
Traffic sucks
15 minutes past English Station

Hell, may just move back downtown, buy a block, and put walkways between each shotgun style home.
My mom and dad live out there. It's a lot of older retired folks from out in the state who came to live near their kids in Louisville, and a lot of young climber families. There is a ton of yoga pants wearing, wine drinking, soccer moms in the neighborhood. The big drama is people not picking their dog's $h!t up when they take it on walks and people stealing Amazon stuff off the porches. It is a neighborhood stuffed full of $600,000+ homes so it's basically a target for porch and unlocked street parked cars getting stuff stolen from them. They love the social life and no yard, if you're a big boozer there is plenty of that going on as well.

Congrats to Mitch and all of the Pollyanna's who helped him get to where he is today.

Wlz5vyq.jpg

If you remember correctly, Mark Stoops hired his damn self. Walked right in Mitch’s office, put his boots on mitch’s Desk, flipped on a sweet PowerPoint presentation, and signed the papers. You’re welcome.
Also the alumni basically took the basketball hire out of his hands after Gillispie.

* Can't beat living in an urban area -- walkable neighborhood, access to decent public transportation, easy access to bars/restaurants/shops/coffee. Norton Commons is stealing that concept and moving it out to the suburbs. No thanks. Too contrived. Too forced.

* Juwan Howard will be in way over his head at Michigan. He's developed a very nice reputation in the NBA, so I'm not sure why he couldn't have gotten his shot there instead. I don't see how he wins in the collegiate ranks without embracing the slimy nature of AAU basketball, underhanded shoe deals, and constant money hungry hangers-on like Penny Hardaway has.

* I love PTI and Michael Wilbon (obvi), but every story of his starts with.....

"okay, let me just say for the record that ______________ and I are very close, dear friends. In fact, I played golf with him last week and routinely go to dinner with him. I also wrote a book with him, he lives in my neighborhood, I know his family, and we own a time share together."

:rolleyes:

* Flight recs for the non-reward point crowd:

- check Google flights, as you can do a calendar search and see the cheapest dates to fly. There can be huge swings from one day/week to the next.
- look for flights out of major cities, as opposed to the airport closest to you. A flight from Nola to London may be $1200, but if you book separately, it's $250 to NYC and $450 from NYC to London.

* I don't spend a lot of time rankings ADs, but Mitch has done a very fine job in Lexington, and has very rarely gotten the credit he deserves. It's fashionable to criticize his every move, but congrats to him on a well deserved award.

* Don't sleep on Chernobyl as a fun day trip. Those pics of the abandoned amusement park look pretty wodie. o_Oo_O

* No takers on the carnivore diet?? That's what I thought, bitch.

* Rental cars in Europe = dirt cheap. Wodie Opel SUV for a week, and dropping off at a different location, was $150. And everyone drives a 5-speed, which is badass.

We flew to Milan, spent two nights in Como and a day in Lugano (Switzerland, what little I saw, is just breathtaking.) Flew out from Milan to Munich, spent a couple nights in Munich with a two hour train ride to Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria. Flew from Munich to Rome. Spent 3 days in Rome, walked more in 3 days then I have the previous 10 years of life but just so much to see you keep wanting to peek around corners and push on. Headed home after that. It was I think 8 days taking out the travel.

Someone brought up that Jacob deGrom lost something like 5 games when he gave up zero runs while they were advocating for him to win the Cy Young last year. Wilbon's response: "He should hang tough!"

Still have no idea what that means other Wilbon is awful

Wilbon.jpg

Someone brought up that Jacob deGrom lost something like 5 games when he gave up zero runs while they were advocating for him to win the Cy Young last year. Wilbon's response: "He should hang tough!"

Still have no idea what that means other Wilbon is awful

Wilbon.jpg
lol at the day where a Steelers/Bengals game is a must win for the Steelers

Speaking of Owensboro.. We were there for a wedding. This gal that the lass grew up & went to UK with. The reception was at OZ Tyler distillery. Cool joint.

I’m enjoying my beverages and listening to the band and all of a sudden I’m like... Good gracious, there’s some smoke at this damn thing. Here we are at this wedding in this sleepy little river town and the reception is chalk full of pretty little honey bunnies. Like mind boggling talent.

-Daviess Cty has always been a powerhouse. We had a nice contingent at BU.

-Mountain stage finally :raised_hands:

-3 cities is plenty for 10 days and if you're looking at Italy I'd stick with 1 country.
-Amalfi is gorgeous but those beaches leave something to be desired.
-Perfect time to jump in the CC game and at least get a portion of it covered.

-Of course, PTI still doesn't understand -> "I'd go carnivore before going vegan." Don't believe anyone actually said they were interested in going carnivore but he's going to wear it out and try to change the statement to annoy the piss out of everyone.

-Anxious to see where Cal goes with this class. Still has to get at least 1 more.

-FB recruiting :eyes:

I'd like one more, Blackshear in particular -- but *if* everyone returns, we most definitely have a full team, and a deep roster that will be among the best, if not THE best, in the country. Sparty is the only team with an argument, imo. Duke maybe, but I don't see it.

Guards: Hagans, Quickley, Maxey, Juzang
Wings/Bigs: Brooks, Whitney, Allen/Richards, EJ, Sestina

I mean, that's 10 very capable guys, with all the parts & endless combinations.

Last edited:
So the Amalfi coast is the sirloin of beaches?

Shewee, yeah the western Ky girls were straight :fire:back in my day. Could be quite crazy too, but worth it.

Greece doesn't really feel like Europe, but it's definitely a great mix of incredible History w/ Athens + the islands. We did a half touristy, half relaxing vacation with Barcelona & Santorini, finishing up in Athens with a day/night at the Acropolis. Or, you could just island hop in Greece & leave some time for Athens, which is where your main flights will be in & out of anyways.

-Southeast Asia + Australia are the 2 places I want to go most, but those day-long flights are a next-to-impossible sell w/ my airplane-loathing wife - she acts like a soiled toddler on anything over 2-3 hours. Will have to really stock the points for those for a Biz Class+ ticket to make that happen. One day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT