ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

where can I get a wildcat paw Ls down shirt like WCS was wearing?
@MaxPowerrr I found it!

I know this is GYERO, but 125 for a sweatshirt seems a little steep....on sale for 63 plus shipping though!

Of all the mostly fake tough stuff going on last night, WCS smashing bitch ass CHRIS!! with no apologies, who purposely slid under him (and of course drew a bullshit dead ball foul 🙄) was the best.

Dude basically committed to this squad for this *potential* game only, and straight balled like it was 2015. So good.

Also, game winner aside, Andrew was low key MVP imo. Aside from Sestina’s ridiculous 3Q flurry, we basically had zero offense 2H. Especially late.

Only guy who was actually driving to create offense for others. Bledsoe was straight abysmal. He blew at least 3, 2/3 on 1 breaks among other too cool/lazy shit. Props on the final assist, but he was legit making me angry otherwise.

Andrew deserved that winning bucket.🔥

Last edited:
Wish my Reds had more opportunities to play the worst team in the NL Central.

Are the Cubs just not even trying?

Sadly a trade for a 25YO all star 3B which was a huge upgrade for us says we are, and it is very disappointing to make the effort and stink it up anyway.

Hopefully we hit a nice run soon to make get a chance at a wildcard.

Sadly a trade for a 25YO all star 3B which was a huge upgrade for us says we are, and it is very disappointing to make the effort and stink it up anyway.

Hopefully we hit a nice run soon to make get a chance at a wildcard.

I say this with all due respect, but please don’t do this to yourself.

1. Spitting
2. Slapping
3. Sucker punch

Chris Jones’ pulled the exact same shit as he did 9 years ago. Just an extremely hatable player. No Luke Hancock? Did he have a 3 on 3 game in Yemen or too busy as selling penny stocks in a boiler room

Reactions: jayroon
Reminds of when they actually made big moves back in the day, Larry walker, jim Edmonds, Scott rolen then Matt Holliday. Then they came around and mercked. Even an aging Bergman. All those guys did get to hit around pujols in his prime. So that helped.

This isn't on that level but still exciting.

Reactions: HymanKaplan
I'd forgotten about Lance Bergman. The most least interested "looking" but highly effective hitter since George Hendrick.

Sometimes it looked like George Hendrick was going to fall asleep during an at bat. LOL

My cut-and-paste comment from the Reds at every trade deadline...

"We tried."

They can't trade for pieces to help them win, and they can't fire sale.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Perma No-Man's Land.

But I take solace in the fact that they've worn out the Cubs this season. Always a plus seeing the misty-eyed romantics parade out of GABP with Ls. :)

Reactions: PTI (pti)
He must have been the only one on that team not on the powder.
It's funny you say that because I was thinking that. Porter wasn't, because he'd just gotten out of a rehab stint for it. I don't think Ozzie and McGee were either, but the rest of those guys, no doubt. Lonnie Smith, Hernandez, Mike Ramsey etc. used to duck into the club house and do rails, and then smoke heaters in the corner of the dugout.

The irony is, and I don't know this for a fact but it's a well travelled rumor, that Herzog unloaded Garry Templeton and Ted Simmons because he wanted to get the yayo out of the club house, LOL

Reactions: august-west
Tommy Pham? There’s not a more overrated player in baseball. Dude has a -0.3 WAR this year and a lifetime WAR of 17.3. He’s 36 too so his best days are long behind him.

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
Tommy Pham is OVERrated??

Certainly not by any GM in baseball. He’s been a league average hitter, or slightly above, for basically 10 years. While that may not sound exciting, he’s also a head case who can easily be picked up for absolutely nothing. So at any point, if you want a solid baseball player, just give Tommy Pham a call and you can have him. That’s extremely valuable.

(as an aside, the fact that he said he spends his winters FIGHTING in order to prepare for the season is pretty awesome)

“I’m not letting Z shoot any threes,” the coach said. “Big Z is 7-2. If he wants to shoot? No, no. You’re not shooting threes. So now he has to shoot twos. You know why? An elbow jumper, when you miss that, kinda embarrassing. A three, when you miss that and you’re way out there, ‘oh, man he almost made that.’ No. You’re shooting twos. That means you’re gonna get in the gym and get better or you’re gonna be embarrassed all the time. And you know what? He’s getting better.”

Nice logic coach.

Good to see Cal adapting to the modern game and putting kids in position to succeed.

Gonna have to assume the 5 star point he just recruited can't shoot either which would be his 5th consecutive point guard who can't hit the broad side of a barn.

3 on 3 Olympic basketball, stop.

-Who cares about Calsucka.

- I hate Jazz Chisholm already. As I stated they’ll get THE player they need, and this year it’s a utility all star that plays CF, 2B and 3B at an all star level and can hit.

Baltimore will wilt soon enough.

- As much as Barion Brown is a cheat code on the college football, so is #88 TE for tOSU.

- Meet our realtor today to get our house listed. Even down to 5 kids I’m still hoping for an open house instead of trying to keep the house presentable everyday.

- The wife has been pretty adamant lakelife is not what she prefers, but my dream boat that I stumbled upon has her thinking she might be able to adjust if this is the boat I get:

- Still fighting Bullitt County. During the process I’ve met so many in some position of power that I know or remember me from my time serving drinks at Kettle Creek and are offering to help.

Board members, a judge, city council, and the damn mayor!

Just to build what amounts to a pole barn!

Luckily they outsourced commercial planning and zoning to an engineer in Southern Indiana so the people offering to help f’ing can’t!

- New job is going great. Have a great shot at an Apartment Complex, a Hotel and the Bubba’s 33 coming to Fern Creek area.

- A week later and still no word on travel ball. Deep down I know he’ll make it if for no other reason than my life is about to be simple, and the powers that be aren’t having that.

- It’s August and I’ve been watching the “Saturdays in the South” which is fantastic.

I’m as excited for this season as I’ve been for one and that includes the Tim Couch years.

It's funny you say that because I was thinking that. Porter wasn't, because he'd just gotten out of a rehab stint for it. I don't think Ozzie and McGee were either, but the rest of those guys, no doubt. Lonnie Smith, Hernandez, Mike Ramsey etc. used to duck into the club house and do rails, and then smoke heaters in the corner of the dugout.

The irony is, and I don't know this for a fact but it's a well travelled rumor, that Herzog unloaded Garry Templeton and Ted Simmons because he wanted to get the yayo out of the club house, LOL

There was an old joke about Lonnie Smith, cocaine and the 3rd base line but I forget it. I bet he never froze his boogers. Garry Templeton on the other hand I wouldn’t bet against.

I can’t stand Tommy Pham. He’s a Cub killer. Plus he seems to be sort of an asshole. I bet he smells funny, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT