ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m loving bro Baldwin’s boat feed. He gets it. That dude is living his best life.

Respect.

Forgot to mention that last Sunday for Mother’s Day we all went out to a lovely, local Mexican restaurant. Everyone there belonged to the post-church, feed momma some tacos crowd. Except one guy in the bar.

He was by himself, pounding margs and dropping about 10 dollars worth plays into the ol’ digital jukebox. By the 3rd song, I made eye contact with him and there was just a serene expression of contentment in that dude’s eyes. Like he knew something no one else in that place knew. My table, like everyone else in the joint, rolled their eyes while at the same time “feeling sorry” for him. When we glanced at each other, I knew he felt everyone’s judgment . . . and REJECTED it.

So, in his honor, here’s a SATURDAY five:
1. Gimme 3 Steps - Lynard Skynard
2. Who made who - AC/DC
3. Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound - Hank Jr.
4 Bawitaba (or whatever the hell that song is called) -Kid Rock
5. Cowboy - dude got in a groove on Kid Rock, I guess. You know, for all the mothers in there.

Bodexpress beating two horses this way is the damndest thing I've seen in awhile. It's amazing.

Happens a lot....taking 120-130 lbs off makes a huge difference. They usually either win by a lot or mess the whole race up. Those outriders were nuts trying to catch it in the stretch.

Reactions: Midway Cat
If I can legally kill someone, then why not take that opportunity?

That’s how my parents taught me.

Shew, talk about bad luck. Yesterday one of my friends boats won’t start-boom $1200 fuel pump.

Then he takes his jet ski out, battery dies. Storm comes in, trying to jump start it before the rain. Successful at least, and didn’t drop my jumpbox in the lake. That’s a plus.

Then he gets a nice ride back to the dock, through blinding rain, full on lightning and white caps.

Then he gets to his new lake house-lightning strike, blows out his security camera and almost sets the place on fire that he’s spent the last 6 months finishing himself with wood from his family’s farm.

But he did get to enjoy some nice beverages and cooked me a nice steak, so all in all, not a bad day.

The dock at Taylorsville was shut down due to a drowning investigation, so it could have been worse!

-grilled 2 ribeye/a sirloin/strip and some merguez sausage last night. Ceasar salad/sauteed shrooms/onion/Sliced tomato. Summerish.

-quick pickling some red onion and fresno peppers to recreate a beet salad the wife fell in love with at the obstinate daughter.

-planted some limelight and pinky winky hydrangeas this morning. I like dirt.

-i like the idea of boat life. Practice is another thing altogether. Better to have friends/relatives with boats.

Long Island is close to Queens, which is one of the great shitholes of America. This is also where you'll encounter fans of the Mets and Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT