ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lexington traveling baseball thing isn't new.

Humblebrag alert:

Around summer 1981 (or 82?) I was picked for the all-star team in Danville, for kids around 11-12 years old.

An all-star team from Lexington came down to play us, and I was chosen as the starting pitcher.

After two innings we were down something like 23-0, and I got pulled. So much for my pitching career.

Reactions: WynnDuffy
-My last two pairs of Johnson and Murphy’s started squeaking on me. Cole Hahn from here on out for daily beaters.

- Bardstown is great, but haven’t you been there for like two weeks, Doc?

- Rickhouse makes the best Manhattan in the Commonwealth.

- So we have a QB immediately eligible who was the MVP of a D1 bowl game in December. This is being a bit overlooked.

- If you’re getting tired of the bourbon shortage/price hikes/etc, revisit a fifth of plain old Maker’s. It will pleasantly surprise you.

- Gas station pumps are getting overly aggressive in terms of transaction costs. “Are you a speedy rewards member? Would you like a receipt? Do you want a car wash? Are you interested in getting buttf*cked behind the dumpster?” :confused: Just let me pump my gas and move on peacefully.

- :eek:

-My last two pairs of Johnson and Murphy’s started squeaking on me. Cole Hahn from here on out for daily beaters.

- Bardstown is great, but haven’t you been there for like two weeks, Doc?

- Rickhouse makes the best Manhattan in the Commonwealth.

- So we have a QB immediately eligible who was the MVP of a D1 bowl game in December. This is being a bit overlooked.

- If you’re getting tired of the bourbon shortage/price hikes/etc, revisit a fifth of plain old Maker’s. It will pleasantly surprise you.

- Gas station pumps are getting overly aggressive in terms of transaction costs. “Are you a speedy rewards member? Would you like a receipt? Do you want a car wash? Are you interested in getting buttf*cked behind the dumpster?” :confused: Just let me pump my gas and move on peacefully.

- :eek:

Im not sure about that but I wouldn’t mind an old fashioned (no bourbon) when I fill up

Reactions: drxman1
If you’re wearing khakis and a polo for work, it’s hard to beat the J&M or Cole Haan dress/brown leather sneakers. They seem to last much longer, fine if a little beat up, comfortable and nearly always have a version on the sale tab of their websites.

On another note...found out one of the two opponents I have in the runoff election was huge into LARPing. He went by "Talthyr the Wyvern."

Nothing that can really be used against him...but looking forward to calling him Talthyr from here on out.

I mean I consider myself a dork but man that’s like a lotta levels beyond what I’m willing to endure

A grown man that Larps gives no f#cks. Might as well tell the world you’re into S&M like Chuck Rhoads.

If you’re coaching on the sidelines in khakis and a polo, maybe a nice driver moc. Nice soft sole, goes great with Porsche too.

Summer, summer, summer. (Tips cap to Sae) Can’t wait for this weekend.

-In the past, yes....it would have been ridiculous for McDaniels to wait this long. But this is 2019, and college basketball rosters are still in flux all the way up until Memorial Day, and often past that. He still hasn't seen what Richards/Montgomery have decided. So some slack needs to be cut here.

-HAVING SAID THAT....I'd rather have Blackshear.

-Matthew Boling is a freak of nature. Goodness gracious, watch that kid run.

-I was supposed to do another half-marathon tomorrow. But the Derby Mini ended so badly for me that my kids(and wife) begged me not to do another one for a long time. I don't need to prove myself anymore, so I'm honoring their wishes and switching it up. Probably best for the long haul, anyway.

-I'm a Republican, so I'm a racist bigot who hates women, but I have found this Kentucky Democratic gubernatorial primary to be fascinating. Rare is a three-person race where each one legitimately has a shot to win. I'm guessing Beshear ekes it out, but no result would surprise me.

-Boog Sciambi is so good on the mic, and on social media. Marty B. and Jon Miller are the last of the great era of play-by-play guys, but Sciambi gives me hope that there are still some good ones out there.

-Kentucky Proud Park tonight. I'll be in Brooks Dyads, if anyone was wondering.

-love horsebit loafs as much as the next guy...but
these can be dressed up with a sportcoat and slacks( :eek: ) or down with chinos and a polo. Maybe a bit more versatile. Plus they are made in the USofA.

-also go to off5th.com or yoox.com ...retail is for suckers.

Reactions: drxman1
Do kids not just play with their other buddies in the neighborhood, playing b-ball in the street, baseball in some shitty parking lot or field, etc while the parents chill at home and then come home for dinner/around sundown? That’s how I grew up - all this organized traveling sports shit sounds awful, I want no part of it.
If you let your child go unattended for more than 5 minutes, they'll be raped and murdered, you see.

I was pretty happy with my velvet Venetian loafers for the tuxedo at my wedding. Some of those dancing pumps had bows on them, and I’m just not there yet.

All-star baseball where all the good and popular kids can stop being nice and start being real is a hoot for about a month at the end of summer.

Travel ball where all of the kids need Tommy John surgery and the parents are quitting their jobs and moving to Puerto Rico to get their 9 year old into Carlos Baerga's hitting camp sounds like hell on Earth

Travel baseball sounds like the worst thing ever.
Between football giving you brain aids and baseball causing arm amputations it appears there isn't much for kids to do anymore. Cross country maybe? Of course they could still get run over or eaten by a mountain lion, so...…

Baseball gets much more relaxed and fun to watch as the kids get older. Parents take it less seriously and the kids who love to play are the ones still playing. I'll admit to being a "fence" dad when they were young (standing by the dugout fence). Now, I sit in the outfield with the other cool parents and drink beer while my wife gives me the side-eye because she has to drive us home.

Talked to a parent at work yesterday who’s son is starting the LaCrosse season (a sport that was basically nonexistent when I was growing up) now. Next week they are going to Wisconsin for the weekend for a tournament, followed by Minnesota and then Iowa the next two weekends, and then god knows what else for the next 5 months. I’m not sure what face I must have given him but after he told me that he got kind of defensive and said “Well he loves it and it keeps him out of trouble!”

I mean W.T.F.

Reactions: ukalum01
Ron Mehico, where do you live? I can't remember.

And speaking of tassels, the guy who is helping me decorate the house wants to put up these drapes with all this riff raff on them, including tassels. How does GYERO feel about tassels on drapes?

Well, we had the original shutters from the house, but they don't fit the new windows properly. I really wanted to use them though. And even if I did plantation shutters, I would have something to soften it.

Reactions: rudd1
I’ve been trying to bite my tongue for a while now, but wcc doesn’t soften his shutters. Sorry, pal. Just couldn’t hold it in any longer.

You brought this on yourself.

Reactions: paintrain_cat
I’ve been trying to bite my tongue for a while now, but wcc doesn’t soften his shutters. Sorry, pal. Just couldn’t hold it in any longer.

You brought this on yourself.

Watch it, bud. Don’t try me.

From ice storms and jaeger bombs to foot wear and shutters...

I guess this is growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT