ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Dr. Mike, he's the head physician at our work clinic and he's on of the friendliest doctors I've ever had.

Speaking of Dr. Mike, he's the head physician at our work clinic and he's on of the friendliest doctors I've ever had.

He’s genuinely a great guy who really just enjoys life. You wanna get him going, talk about taking pictures, fishing, and some karaoke.

In the summer my mixed drink of choice is a spicy peloma with good quality tequila, however mezcal tequila is brown with a smoky flavor that is to be sipped neat so anyone that likes peaty whiskey of any kind might enjoy, I would definitely recommend.

Big Mezcal fan.

Also, killed some Rum Dums in the Bahamas- pretty damn good.

I will definitely be going back to the Soggy Dollar bar and staying on a catamaran...bucket list material.

Can you explain bourbon poker? Am I the only one totally confused?

Basically 2 styles of games.

1- is a bust where your entry is a bottle in the price suggested which I usually go 100-150. That covers a high end Blantons gold/green, michters toasted to a low end 4R store pick.

9 people play, top 4 win a bottle from the bottom four and 5th place keeps. Bottom 4 then ship their bottle to whoever picks it in the order of finish.

Pretty simple and really easy to get a bunch of Weller, Blantons, 4R single barrel picks.

2- I have a bottle to put up and set a cash buy in.

For example the 4grain last night was $70 a seat. These people pay me the entry fee and 2nd place gets money back while 1st gets the bottle or a buyout of anywhere from 80-90%. I give 85% because I want them to either keep or I want a decent sized pay for the bottle I’m keeping.

So I got 630 -70(for 2nd) and then .85 x 560= 476

So I paid out 546 twice on something I collected 630 for.

The last game didn’t fill so I sat down and played to fill the last spot.

I won, but offered the guy in 2nd a split. I paid him $275 of the $630 I collected.

So I now have a bottle I collected $600 on, and most likely will continue to put it up until someone keeps it and I’m paid in full.

Last edited:
Reactions: buckethead1978
Basically 2 styles of games.

1- is a bust where your entry is a bottle in the price suggested which I usually go 100-150. That covers a high end Blantons gold/green, michters toasted to a low end 4R store pick.

9 people play, top 4 win a bottle from the bottom four and 5th place keeps. Bottom 4 then ship their bottle to whoever picks it in the order of finish.

Pretty simple and really easy to get a bunch of Weller, Blantons, 4R single barrel picks.

2- I have a bottle to put up and set a cash buy in.

For example the 4grain last night was $70 a seat. These people pay me the entry fee and 2nd place gets money back while 1st gets the bottle or a buyout of anywhere from 80-90%. I give 80% because I want them to either keep or I want a decent sized pay for the bottle I’m keeping.

So I got 630 -70(for 2nd) and then .8 x 560= 476

So I paid out 546 twice on something I collected 630 for.

The last game didn’t fill so I sat down and played to fill the last spot.

I won, but offered the guy in 2nd a split. I paid him $275 of the $630 I collected.

So I now have a bottle I collected $600 on, and most likely will continue to put it up until someone keeps it and I’m paid in full.
Man in NKY we not only have several Jeff Ruby options but stores where you can walk in and buy bourbon via a simple hand to hand transaction.

#blessed

These games are usually about an hour to play.

So when they take the $476 buyout, that’s a damn good hourly wage.

Games run all day, I just checked and there are 4 games up now.

OHLQ.com is what I use when going back and forth to Detroit. Scored some Old Ezra 7 today and some Little Book last month. But Weller 107 and Blantons are almost impossible. Geese got lucky with some 107 last month on the trip. Its really amazing to be honest how popular the Buffalo Trace shit is.

Bourbon GAMBOL... not complex at all.

Wish I could have gotten odds that the response would have been something along those lines.

Reactions: TriangleUKCat
OHLQ.com is what I use when going back and forth to Detroit. Scored some Old Ezra 7 today and some Little Book last month. But Weller 107 and Blantons are almost impossible. Geese got lucky with some 107 last month on the trip. Its really amazing to be honest how popular the Buffalo Trace shit is.
Can’t get that shit in NJ/NYC either...only bars seem to have abundance.

I did, however, run into a bottle of Kentucky Owl Bourbon for a cool sum of cash.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
Got plenty of the worlds finest BBQ tho

fette-sau-BBQ.jpg

- Had dinner with Mitch Barnhart last night. Yes, that Mitch Barnhart. He gets a lot of flack in here and that's just part of the fanatical approach. But the guy is a decent, humble, straightforward man. Good dude. Made sure to let him know that he must take a stronger stand on the selection committee and move Duke out west every year and underseed them by 2-3 spots at least. Non-negotiable. He gave me that trademarked wry smile and slapped me on the shoulder as a sign of solidarity, undoubtedly.

- Rain on Derby Day? You don't say. Mother Nature can get pumped, that Mother Nature. So, who are the mudders?

- Backyard party on tap tomorrow, regardless of weather. 20 straight years at this place. I love it. Calcutta auction of every horse in the field which can get kinda wild. Big payouts. With what appears to be a wide open field, that will be a fun auction.

- Finally the wife and I have a day with no kids. First time since February. Bourbon sipping and steak /noboat

- Good luck!

I'll be spending my weekend in the Highlands. Outfit pending until I see the weather.

I'll think a lot about which horse to bet on and then have too much fun and forget to place any at all.

Likely some combination of nice, expensive food followed by a disgustingly cheap, greasy meal much later that will somehow taste better than the first, then fall asleep in a place where I don't have to do any of the laundry.

Then probably breakfast/brunch at Highland Morning, stop in to see some family, and home before dark to recover for Monday.

OWA was all over Cincinnati/southern Ohio last October.

I just won (the opportunity to purchase) some Michters 10 Year Barrell Strength. Probably just trade it to my bourbon nerd BIL for a bunch of good stuff (Eagle Rare pick, OWA pick, etc.).

I mean, if the bourbon inflation keeps going, I’m gonna feel really dumb having served up all that Weller at my wedding.

Reactions: HUBER
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT