ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The '99 squad was solid: Eric Barkley, Ron Attest, Lavar Postell, Bootsy Thornton. They lost to Ohio St in the Sweet 16 in Knoxville.

:fire:

816dzH2mXeL._SY550_.jpg

I’m not sure why “artists” even bother trying to make quality music anymore. Joke’s on them, as they’re mostly wasting their time.

#oldtownroad

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
I enjoy Old Town Road, but it does mildly remind me of something from The Oogieloves movie.

Willy is always eager to let us know what an oldass sonofabitch he is.

Thanks, I guess.

Joe Hall lost to St. John's (led by Mullin, Walter Berry, Mark Jackson, and Bill Wennington...kind of a ridiculous team looking back) in his final game at UK.*

* Richard "Master Blaster" Madison went 2-9 in that game fwiw. Loved me some Master Blaster. And BretB (RIP) fouled out.

Joe Hall lost to St. John's (led by Mullin, Walter Berry, Mark Jackson, and Bill Wennington...kind of a ridiculous team looking back) in his final game at UK.*

* Richard "Master Blaster" Madison went 2-9 in that game fwiw. Loved me some Master Blaster. And BretB (RIP) fouled out.

Was the game Kenny Walker got poked in the eye, as a result of which he wore goggles the entire next season. As a 16 year old, I don't think I ever liked a player more than Sky Walker circa 1985.

1985-86-sporting-news-basketball-yearbook-mark-price-kenny-walker-cover-27.jpg

Read The Athletic article about the hustle involved at the Final Four every year with college coaches trying to land gigs, networking, backdoor deals. Low level assistants sleeping on floors, grinding, hustling. Chris Beard not too long ago.

Got me thinking to Justus. He should’ve been there and gone that route. Here ya go, slapdick. Go find a gig and earn your stripes.

You know what was awesome in the 80s? Print ads. I mean, who didn't rip this out of SI and throw it up on their bedroom wall? I didn't need a fat head or shit like that. Just ripped it right out of the magazine, and used some scotch tape.

1*kdRdKVpQhYrA1ryWGtWc8w.jpeg

Or this one?

converse-weapon-boys-life-may-1986-20140506-2.png

Great ****ing time to be alive.

Last edited:
Big East was the shit in 84.

St. Johns

Mark Jackson
Chris Mullin
Walter Berry
Willie Glass
Bill Wennington

Syracuse

Pearl Washington (favorite non UK pg ever)
Michael Brown
Rafael Addison
Wendell Alexis
Rony Seikaly

Willy is always eager to let us know what an oldass sonofabitch he is.

Thanks, I guess.

When you have :basketball:s on here taking about Malik Sealy as "Classic St. John's" it was obvious that some old school knowledge needed to be dropped.

But if you wanna :boxing:, we can :boxing:. My Arctic Foxes have a huge soccer match against the red team tonight. I'm in the mood to scrap.

One of the worst beats of my childhood came on Holy Thursday. Buddy invited me over to spend the night (STRAIGHT from school :okay:) as we were off for Good Friday. Pumped, of course. That's a good look.

Get to his crib, hoops all afternoon, then around dinner (Papa John’s? Gatti’s?) his mom comes out and tells us it’s time for church.

:scream:

Your boy spends the next few hours sitting in silence at the Holy Thursday service. I could have killed him. Dude denies he knew about it to this day. I've never accepted that. 2nd biggest betrayal in Holy Week history IMO.

At least it was Mass. A lapsed Catholic now, I was invited by a neighborhood kid to go bowling with him and his family on a Saturday when I was in 5th grade. Should have been tipped off when I was told we were leaving at 8am sharp but 11-year old me just wanted to bowl. We proceed to leave Crestwood to some Pentecostal church that was being housed in a rundown house on Lyndon Lane. Two hours of prayer meeting followed by a prayer once we got to the alley,(in a junked out school bus). A prayer before we played, A prayer as we were leaving and then 2 hours of service when we returned to the house of worship. My weekend was shot and I don't think I talked to him again.

I normally don’t watch CNN, but this is fun. Sour grapes galore.

22 months, 25 million dollars, all the resources in the world...all based off a hoax.

Can’t wait to see the investigation into those who launched the witch hunt. Somebody ain’t been telling the truth to get the FISA warrants, and that’s a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT