ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else use windshield wiper fluid and high speed wipers to defrost instead of getting out and handling it properly with a scraper. Or being patient and sitting until it’s clear? And I’m off, driving down the road with head crouched to certain spot on windshield where i can see until finally defrosted.

I’m with Ron, I hate wearing any jewelry and especially watches. Why do I need a clock on my wrist? August, why do you think everyone should wear jewelry that tells you what time it is? I’ve never had a problem figuring out the time. Are you all consistently late?

-cup o water if I forget to use the auto start.

-no to smart watch. Not my jam.

-Yes to mechanical watch. Wearing a Ulysses Nardin maxi marine chronometer today. Old fashioned, but I would rather use ancient tech crafted in Switzerland than a mini cpu made by 8 year olds in a Chinese factory.

Reactions: grantbob
Wtf is this 6-day shipping nonsense from Amazon? Anybody else having this issue? Ordered ninety-leven items and every one of them will be here in 6 days.

I dont care about peoples defrost habits, but I do know we have really jumped the shark with our headlight brightness. Some of these newer cars- there isnt much difference between normal and high-beams. Damn near blinding and I've had enough.

:raised_hands:

I've never liked wearing a watch until I got an Apple watch last year. I use it as a fitness tracker (when I'm actually exercising), dictating text messages, speaker phone sometimes, quicker access to check temperature than pulling out my phone, and golf gps. I randomly use it for other stuff, but not much.

I definitely understand why people wouldn't want one, but it works for me, and I've gotten a lot more use out of it than I thought I would.

I don't think I'd ever buy a nonsmart watch. Those seem extraordinarily pointless.

I like Kirk Herbstreit but that guy really frets over Twitter criticism by random fans. Not sure it’s the right medium for him.

Bitcoin up $6000 in less than a week. Crazy.
I dont know shit about investing, aside from me putting as much as I can into my somewhat stable state retirement, but a few weeks ago I was drinking and listening to some podcast nerd talk about how he bought an entire house and some other stuff with a bitcoin transaction to avoid paying taxes on liquidating it and I realized this was all a scam that is somehow legal (for now).

I mean this heyday window is going to close up as soon as the influential people who arent in on it get angry and start regulating it until it crashes. Also i'm just jealous bc i'm not a random IT guy that is a millionaire at 25 bc of a $7 investment he made 5 years ago.

I will buy it when they sell it on Amazon.

Last edited:
I retired YEARS ago, thanks to day trading. Moved into house flipping, but that was purely as a hobby. And venture capital is really just a social endeavor.

There's some sort of life hack that involved defrosting your windshield easily in seconds but I've completely forgotten what it was since I've bought a house with a garage, which is actually one of my favorite parts about home ownership. /smug

I've never felt more out of touch then with this bitcoin stuff, talking about "mining" for it and having it all on your hard drive and some such, might as well be talking about wormholes.

Bitcoin is going to be nothing more than the next bubble that will negatively impact the right percentage of middle class people, thus making it the worst national tragedy since 9/11 x10. It will undoubtedly be "the system's" fault and have nothing at all to do with greedy/stupid people thinking they can quadruple their 401k in an afternoon

I dont care about peoples defrost habits, but I do know we have really jumped the shark with our headlight brightness. Some of these newer cars- there isnt much difference between normal and high-beams. Damn near blinding and I've had enough.
I am not a violent person but I was tempted to get out of my car at a stop sign and tell the toucher behind me to turn off his lights. Then I realized I may get shot so I just went home

Reactions: RibsAndWhiteBread
In 2010 I read about Bitcoin and how you could set your computer up to mine it. At the time you could maybe go through all the trouble of setting up your computer to do it and get Bitcoins that might be valued at a dollar or two one day. And it didn't seem like I had the horsepower to generate 100s or 1000s of these things that I'd need to make any decent money. I think at the time they were like 8 cents. I read about how to do it and my eyes glazed over. Refreshed Cat Paw and moved on.

I would want to punch myself in the face for it but (a) I still don't understand mining, so I'd have f*cked it up, and (b) I'd have sold LONG LONG ago on the upswing and really be kicking my self in the balls cashing out for 10 grand when what I'd have now could be worth 50 million.

I still have a flatscreen above my fireplace and turn on half of the lights in my house manually, think my hick ass is messing with bitcoin? Hell no, I would rather bury jars of pennies in my back yard.

My 4 year old daughter is making other 4 year old kids rich by watching stupid YouTube videos of them playing with their toys in the same way she plays with her toys minutes later. I know that kid’s parents are investing her YouTube monies in some online fake bs currency that she will later be worth hundreds of millions in and my kid will have to go into soul crushing debt to get a 4 year degree.

So, how do I post stuff on YouTube and where do I buy bitcoin?

Defrost hack is fill a spray bottle with half water half rubbing alcohol, spray on the ice, watch it melt.

I adopted that last winter, used it exactly once. Kept the bottle in the back of my car for the past year.

Went to use the spray bottle last week for the first time this winter and the sprayer popped off. So much for that. But it worked that one time.

Reactions: rudd1 and cawoodsct
I think it works best if you just take a gallon of water and throw it onto your icy windshield. Should do the trick immediately.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
ace-ventura.jpg

I dont know shit about investing, aside from me putting as much as I can into my somewhat stable state retirement, but a few weeks ago I was drinking and listening to some podcast nerd talk about how he bought an entire house and some other stuff with a bitcoin transaction to avoid paying taxes on liquidating it and I realized this was all a scam that is somehow legal (for now).

I mean this heyday window is going to close up as soon as the influential people who arent in on it get angry and start regulating it until it crashes. Also i'm just jealous bc i'm not a random IT guy that is a millionaire at 25 bc of a $7 investment he made 5 years ago.

I will buy it when they sell it on Amazon.
I think an ETF or two is launching so that could be a good way to get a piece. Assuming the ETF starts at a reasonable price.

At some point the govt is going to get involved and get their cut. Looks like it is also great for money laundering for now also.

Reactions: Mashburned
My buddy has a computer hardware review business, had ample hardware sitting idle in his office and thought about mining back in the day but didn’t. He must be kicking himself. Then again, he’s in Hawaii right now and he Chartered to a Bobcats game with Cal earlier this year. So maybe not.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to get to the root of a garbage disposal spec change.

Reactions: rudd1
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT