ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun couple weeks right now. Town is all lit up with Christmas decor and abuzz because they’re filming a movie here right now called Beach Bums.

Mathew McConaughey, Snoop are just running around town with wheel barrows full of weed. Cameos from Zac Efron, Jonah Hill, Jay-Z etc.

Kenny Chesney recording at Jimmy Buffet’s studio. Lighted bike and boat parades, everyone having their Christmas parties. Trolley rides to see all the best lit houses.

Great time of year.

-Been over this about 1000 times. I don't mind the early cold season. What I mind is the f*cking sun going down at 5:15. I also hate late January and Feb.

-FTR, Mt. Rainer's easiest routes are rated as the same difficulty as Mt. Kilimanjaro. Place has some really dangerous routes but the easy ones are 18 miles over 3 days. 40lb pack. Anyone in decent shape that trains with a pack on should be able to complete those routes especially with a outfit like RMI.

-Yeah, what bad could happen to a an unregulated and uninsured currency that was started by a figment for doing something called mining? Leggo.

-BBdk's crush on Portnoy is boarding on creepy.

-Swapping out a disposal is pretty easy.

Reactions: GrandePdre
I always assumed hermdawg left to mine bitcoin full time in a professional manner. Because, ya know, you can't post on catpaw and except to be a professional bitcoin miner, obviously.

If anyone is looking for something a little different on Netflix, Dark is very good.

- U-dubb threw an interesting defense at Kansas last night. Basically an extended 2-3 which guarded the wings but completely gave up the basket. Like they dared Kansas to beat them with layups and it worked.

- “O Holy Night” by a choir :fire:

- DGAF about Anth’s sillyass reasons for hating basketball season. Weak sauce.

- Going with a French or cobalt blue for the wedding suits. BBdK should look fresh.

- Nearing the end of S2 of Billions. Like it, don’t love it. Hows Mindhunter on Netflix?

- Bahamas in exactly three weeks.

- Weirdest UK basketball season in awhile. I get it- let the colts grow- but damn, feels like we’re standing outside of the fire.

- What the hell is this “wedding gifts for one another” BS my fiancé is tossing at me?

Can get a good deal on fancy cookware right now Chad. Marcus get that one over with.

* Wildcat Willy's SECT streak may end at 15 in a row. My fam is having a big 80th bday bash for my Dad that Saturday.

I might go up Thursday and Friday and drive back early Saturday. I'll keep you updated.

* Nice little pile up happened right next to me this afternoon. I was driving back to the office when a truck next to me just plowed into a stopped car. There was a line of about 7 in a row, don't know how bad the chain reaction got. Stopped briefly to make sure no one was hurt and left before the authorities arrived. Cops don't like bald people.

* Monmouth in MSG? Whatever, I guess.

* My 5 year old potty trained very early and has never had an issue. She suddenly had 2 accidents at school this week. Apparently an automatic flusher scared the bejesus out of her and now she is afraid to go. The school is letting her use the bathroom in the gym that doesn't have an automatic flusher. sch

* I'm not a coffee snob at all. I just have the single serve Keurig at home. Kroger Columbian Dark Roast is my usual. But McDonald's coffee is horrible to me. Like, I can't even drink it.

* Watched Home Alone with my girls earlier this week. It was really fun watching them crack up at all the shenanigans little Kevin pulled on the Wet Bandits. Can't wait for them to see A Christmas Story.

See, being married with kids doesn't always suck, young Chadwick.

-rack wcc re: o holy night. Nat King Cole does a good job as well.

-adeste fideles (oh come all ye faithful) hits me where it counts when sung by a good tenor.

-in the bleak midwinter and lo, how a rose e'er blooming are lesser known xmas hymns that pack a punch.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Our team has been growing on me. Starting to see how we can be damn good. Love their attitude, hustle and willingness to listen. 8 interchangeable parts. Anxious for the next game.

Basketball is the only thing that gets me through, tbh. Doh I am in the Xmas mood this season with G starting to pick up on things. Should be an absolute blast. Introducing him to Muppet Family Christmas, the goat, this week. Been playing Rat Pack on Alexa all week.

-Buy her a nice wedding gift but insist she doesn't buy you anything. Suggest a card would mean more. [winking] So that keeps you looking like a stud and cuts the cost in half. Boom.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
BTW, I hate junk zones with two exceptions:

a) When applied by a Rick Majerus team in the NCAA Tournament (EAD, Vince Carter)

b) When applied against Kansas. After that gimmicky bullshit they pulled on us, F’em.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Best wedding present I ever received was from a HS friend- nice Williams Sonoma grill tool set that I'm pretty sure was re-gifted.

Def the most used, longest lasting wedding present we got.

In other words everyone should buy wcc grill tools.

* My 5 year old potty trained very early and has never had an issue. She suddenly had 2 accidents at school this week. Apparently an automatic flusher scared the bejesus out of her and now she is afraid to go. The school is letting her use the bathroom in the gym that doesn't have an automatic flusher. sch

Sound like she needs to reread the Fable of Freddie the Potty Animal, IMO.

Teach your kid how to cover the electric eye on the automatic flusher with a post it note.

Im married to a woman that made me do a lavish babymoon, we had a fancy 6 month anniversary dinner, and all sorts of other unbelievable crap and even I didn't have to get a wedding gift - I swear to god it's like they keep adding a new damn gift every year for some stupid shit.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Sound like she needs to reread the Fable of Freddie the Potty Animal, IMO.

Apparently, one of the other kindergarteners accidentally turned out the light on her while she was on the potty. So she was already scared and when she bent down to pull up her drawers, the toilet loudly flushed itself and scared her half to death. She is now afraid of that bathroom.

So, I appreciate the link, but I don't think it will be helpful in this case. We just need to reestablish her trust in plumbing. (or threaten to ban her from her tablet if she pees her pants again)

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
While I agree wedding presents from/to bride and groom is silly I knocked it out of the park.

We got engaged in September, married in Janruary, and then had Valentine's right after.

I bought the ring(obvious) and Earrings/Journey Pendant necklace all at once and spread it out over each occasion.

I have not bought jewelry since either.

I’m with Ron, I hate wearing any jewelry and especially watches. Why do I need a clock on my wrist? August, why do you think everyone should wear jewelry that tells you what time it is? I’ve never had a problem figuring out the time. Are you all consistently late?

Because I like to fix them when they break. I also happen to think everyone should own an old, wind up, clock or two, maybe even a grandfather clock so that I can fix those when they quit running. It puts halfway decent food in my belly & pays the bills. Other than that I really dont care.

Reactions: roguemocha
Apparently, one of the other kindergarteners accidentally turned out the light on her while she was on the potty. So she was already scared and when she bent down to pull up her drawers, the toilet loudly flushed itself and scared her half to death. She is now afraid of that bathroom.

So, I appreciate the link, but I don't think it will be helpful in this case. We just need to reestablish her trust in plumbing. (or threaten to ban her from her tablet if she pees her pants again)

Congrats on having the most detailed post ever about a little girl urinating.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Driving my daughter the airport this morning. I'm waiting at the stoplight at Citation and Georgetown Rd/25

A red Honda pulls up next to me with in old woman behind the wheel. She rolls down her passenger window and starts to cuss me a blue streak while flipping me off. It was so odd that I started to laugh at her which only made her angrier.

I literally have no idea what she was pissed at me about. She was behind me from Iron Works and was driving like a damn idiot. But I drove with the flow of traffic etc. But man, she looked like she'd have killed me given the chance. #randomcrazy

While I agree wedding presents from/to bride and groom is silly I knocked it out of the park.

We got engaged in September, married in Janruary, and then had Valentine's right after.

I bought the ring(obvious) and Earrings/Journey Pendant necklace all at once and spread it out over each occasion.

I have not bought jewelry since either.
Nor tongue kissed her.

Reactions: west-ky-wildcat
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT