ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin Bagley III :eyes:

Reminds me of Chris Bosh when he was at Georgia Tech, plus maybe a little of what Kevin Garnett would have been had he played college ball.

I still don't get how he attended multiple high schools, then suddenly was able to graduate early in three years and enroll at Duke.

Reactions: BMoore2
Schiano was only on Pedo State's staff for, I believe, Joe Pa's last year. It's not like he was there for the whole debacle. If that's why they have gone back on his hire then that is ridiculous.

Schiano was at Rutgers during Paterno’s last ten years at Penn State. He was definitely there during the Sandusky stuff.

Kind of surprised to see TAMU let Sumlin go. I don't follow them closely but he always seemed like a damned good coach to me. He had TAMU established as the best program in the state of Texas, which is saying something.

To my knowledge, none of his players ever hit anyone with a trash can, either.

-UT AD is squarely to blame here. Not squashing the Gruden rumors. Not floating Sciano's name early, not doing due diligence. What a mess they've got themselves into over there.

-I can try to blame the fans but I completely get it. UT is a top 25 job and they deserve better. Unfortunately as an outsider I don't think they can really do better. Especially after what's happened with about 5-8 better jobs on the market and the future jobs opening.

-AD's are just outclassed and have no bargaining power with these agents. People like to poke at Mitch but look at Rick's contract, Charlie Weiss, TAMU owes Summlin 10M, Florida is still paying 2 former coaches and on and on and on.

:basketball::
*This basketball team is really growing on me. Maybe it's because they all play hard. No moping around. If they're the core of the next 2-3 years, I like it. Several guys that seem to be fine doing the little things. The book on Diallo wanting to steal the show and force dumb shots seems to be way off.
*Still wish Cal played Green a little more, the offense just flows better and he's one of the 2 best scorers. Washington was just used to bullying people his whole life and now the defenders can push back. Looked good last night.
*If Nick Richards is going to continue to play like he has, look out. I was really worried but he's come along quickly.
*Didn't watch but Duke is damn good. They'll take a few lumps but our best case is the freshman get selfish and Allen goes insane.

:football::
*As always we're somewhere in the middle. Really hard to complain about 2 bowl games in a row w/ 7-5. We're beating who we should.
*Stoops hasn't ever really related to the fans which is fairly strange b/c his hometown is so blue collar. Don't know if he thinks he's above UK or what but he certainly puts off the vibe he is.
*We should be better. Very good QB, likely the best RB in school history, best TE in the SEC, top projected LB in the draft, a couple proven DBs.
*I like where we're at but I'd be happy to have Stoops plucked by one of these other schools. Brown or Brohm are both sitting there waiting.

:golf::
BIG CAT [banana]

-Hell of a vacation, as it is every other year. Good to shut it all the way down. G was an all star. Loved the airplanes, beaches, pools, etc. Had a damn blast.
-Ran or lifted 6 times on vacation and I'm pretty sure I still netted about 5lbs. [sick]

The tell-all book that comes out about Duke basketball is going to be the best selling sports book ever. Like if they could ever get sports grim reaper Charles Robinson down there...mercy.

Really good though. Theirs to lose as long as nobody gets injured. Bagley is outstanding and they're doing a great job of setting up their halfcourt offense in a hurry and getting Bagley matched up against a smaller guy inside. Not sure why teams aren't just putting him on the FT line whenever there's a mouse in the house instead of conceding buckets like they're doing now, but whatever. There's probably an error in that reasoning that I can't comprehend.

Texas A&M is fantastic. They went down to USC and crushed. Very impressive win. Billy Kennedy can coach his balls off.

AD's are just outclassed and have no bargaining power with these agents. People like to poke at Mitch but look at Rick's contract, Charlie Weiss, TAMU owes Summlin 10M, Florida is still paying 2 former coaches and on and on and on.

Think you are going to be hard pressed to find an AD that would owe close to $20,000,000, in year five, for a product that ranks 103/92.

Reactions: Century Cat
*This basketball team is really growing on me. Maybe it's because they all play hard.

This goes a long way. We aren't a top 10 team, and there are multiple better teams in the SEC right now. They have some head scratching spurts on both sides of the ball- but the team itself is likeable, and seemingly coachable.

Why is there a narrative that B-Rad is our best sharp shooting weapon? This continues to be a talking point on broadcasts.

Outside of Stephen Johnson, Charles Walker, Snell, and maybe just a couple other guys- the football team is group of goons. How in the world does this program look inferior as far as character, to the University of Louisville- who prides itself on being degenerates.

UT fan can be mad all they want about the hire... they just can't pull the PSU stuff out of the air as their rationalization. If Clay Travis applauds the hire, Knoxville's finest go right along with him. Also they were the fan base a couple years back that absolutely crushed sexual assault victims that spoke out against football players/staff- until UT settled out of court. So the moral superiority here just seems a bit out of place.

This is as good as I've seen the SEC perform out of conference as I can remember. Arkansas, Florida, A&M, Georgia, Missouri, Tennessee, Alabama all looked good and had strong wins. Alabama looked good playing 3 on 5.

12-6 might win the conference.

Why is there a narrative that B-Rad is our best sharp shooting weapon? This continues to be a talking point on broadcasts.

This infuriates me to no end. This should be a non-issue.

KSR didn't help before last season showing those open gym clips inferring he would make some kind of 'real' impact shooting the ball. And these color guys always let out the, 'hey now, he's not just Cal's kid!! Brad is a really good shooter -- don't be surprised to see him get some time to spread those defenses out, open driving lanes up, blah blah blah'. [sick]

Um, false. Kid should never have any business seeing the floor during any sequence of a game that is not considered mop-up duty. I can't believe it's actually a thing now that has forced us to discuss it.

I loved the way we attacked the few zone looks we got. Hami in the middle is an issue. Solid passer, can pull up or blow by you. Plus you have serviceability wings that can hit shots.

I'd agree with that 10-15 area but the flashes get me pretty excited. Ready for Vanderbilt to be back.

B-Rad was voted best shooter on the team, idiots. Get used to it. He's gonna be the 6th man, maybe even start, his senior year and then Cal is gonna tell Mitch to suck his ass before he leaves for the Knicks.

Reactions: Col. Angus
* Are people really angry because the announcers said something nice about a guy who hardly plays? Who gives a shit?

* I also don't give a shit about 103/92. I give a shit about 7-5. I should be happy with that, just ask PTI. But I'm not.

This year we absolutely should've been 9-3. Our best game was SC early in the season. The last 2 games have been an absolute joke.

I'm talking effort, discipline and basic common sense coaching.

I don't think you can fire him because he has won 7 games in back to back seasons at Kentucky. But touch Mark Stoops and his thin skin.

* Stephen Johnson has been hurt since the Tennessee game. The fact that we didn't get Barker/Hoak some meaningful reps in the MSU or UGA blowouts is ridiculous.

* I like our basketball team.

* Controversial take: At this point, Lynn Bowden is the most overhyped player in UK history.

Good player, but not nearly the explosive playmaker I was expecting. He actually looks slow returning kicks.

Surprised WW can give such #hot #takes while consumed with the palpable buzz of an upcoming Bengals/Steelers MNF matchup. Guys a real trooper imo.

Surprised WW can give such #hot #takes while consumed with the palpable buzz of an upcoming Bengals/Steelers MNF matchup. Guys a real trooper imo.

Like Vince Marrow said, "Not even worried."

With Marvin's previous success in primetime games, I wouldn't be surprised if this upcoming win catapults those striped rascals to a Super Bowl championship.

SPOILER: We'll either get run or lose in some ridiculous heart wrenching and infuriating new way. Burfict will get ejected for bumping a guy and 3 Bengals will get decapitated without drawing a flag. Mike and Mike will get back together to talk about it.

- We should be better. Very good QB, likely the best RB in school history, best TE in the SEC, top projected LB in the draft, a couple proven DBs.

"Very good" QB: compared to the backups, yes. At this level....not hardly. He is a decent lower tier D1 QB at best.

Best RB in school history: solid top 5-7at best.

Best TE in SEC: you are drunk.

Top projected LB in draft: who???...did half a dozen other LB's play for UK and not get in the games?

Couple of proven DB's: you are high and drunk. Proven doesn't equal good.

Reactions: UK_Dallas
On one hand, I kind of like not having the bullseye on our backs.

On the other hand, the University of Kentucky has won exactly one national championship in the last 60 years when it wasn't the consensus best team in college basketball.

Fran Fraschilla got ratio'd last night.

...almost as if he set this tweet to drop at a certain point in the day regardless of what was happening in the game.

While I do believe that Kentucky should always *be* the radar instead of flying under it, it's weird how fast people - especially me - left these guys for dead. When in reality they've looked bad in some wins and then lost to Kansas, and are seemingly getting a little better each time, more noticeable from an individual standpoint than a team. And still no Jarred Vanderbilt.

Clark nailed this part - these guys go after it. There isn't one too-cool-for-school bone in their bodies. Any issues on the court at the moment simply come from lack of knowledge. That will come. It's just on the coach to get it there in time.

That Kevin Knox play where he catches the ball at the left elbow, takes one dribble to the right and ends up with a swooping scoop shot off the glass might be the closest thing we have to automatic points. That or a shot by Quade Green.

(still impatient about that cake though)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT