ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephen Johnson has been hurt since the Tennessee game.

It really sucks that Saturday was his last game. The dude is absolutely badass. Way too small to be hurling himself around like he does against D1 defenses.

Him diving onto his hurt shoulder for the winning TD is one for the ages. Love that guy.

I hope Danny Clark is decent.

* Controversial take: At this point, Lynn Bowden is the most overhyped player in UK history.

Good player, but not nearly the explosive playmaker I was expecting. He actually looks slow returning kicks.

On kickoffs he seems to make 4 moves before the coverage even gets there. I think he’s more quick/shifty than straight-line fast.

Also, I'm pretty F'n disgusted with what I saw Saturday. No need to rehash it all, but that entire day was some real busch league shit and it falls squarely on Stoops' shoulders. For how ever many millions of dollars he's paid annually to field a team that is, at a MINIMUM, prepared to play on Saturday and give maximum effort, he failed miserably. It wasn't just the unsportsmanlike penalties, but the overall piss poor body language/mouthiness of our team. I have absolutely zero desire to spend my time and money watching a bunch of punk ass 19 year olds get their asses whipped and dance between every play as if they aren't. Nobody should.

I've been a Stoops guy and defended him over and over, but mailing it in against your instate rival and showing your ass in the process, in year 5, is totally unacceptable. He and Barnhart should not be surprised one iota when season ticket sales drop (again) next season. That "product," if that's what we're calling it now, is hot F'n garbage.

If he wants to turn his nose up to us about all of the big time college football he's been privy to, the least he can do is show us *exactly* what we seem to have been missing before him rather than reminding us over and over and over again just how small time Kentucky Football can be.

All we had to do was stay sober but, alas, our guys apparently got completely shitclown wasted before the game and acted like total idiots. Trash can? God bless.

Also, I'm pretty F'n disgusted with what I saw Saturday. No need to rehash it all, but that entire day was some real busch league shit and it falls squarely on Stoops' shoulders. For how ever many millions of dollars he's paid annually to field a team that is, at a MINIMUM, prepared to play on Saturday and give maximum effort, he failed miserably. It wasn't just the unsportsmanlike penalties, but the overall piss poor body language/mouthiness of our team. I have absolutely zero desire to spend my time and money watching a bunch of punk ass 19 year olds get their asses whipped and dance between every play as if they aren't. Nobody should.

I've been a Stoops guy and defended him over and over, but mailing it in against your instate rival and showing your ass in the process, in year 5, is totally unacceptable. He and Barnhart should not be surprised one iota when season ticket sales drop (again) next season. That "product," if that's what we're calling it now, is hot F'n garbage.

If he wants to turn his nose up to us about all of the big time college football he's been privy to, the least he can do is show us *exactly* what we seem to have been missing before him rather than reminding us over and over and over again just how small time Kentucky Football can be.
Pulls a RACK EM off the shelf, blows the dust off of it, posts it

-I said likely, didn't think I need needed to expand and explain to you eggheads that's extrapolating his current body of work over 4 years. Because if he continues the current trajectory he will be right in that discussion.

-Josh Allen is projected as a late 1st Rd - 2nd Rd pick. Some have him as high as the #1 OLB.

-2ndary was widely regarded as the best unit in the preseason.

-Johnson has been a really good QB the past 1.5 seasons.

Duke has a very young team that starts 4 FR. They look calm and collective on the floor. They are in the right spot and have a good understanding of their offense. You can tell they are very well coached and very prepared for their opponent. The coaching staff during the games look like they are at a symphony. Very calm and don't get too upset.

A stark difference between that and Cal acting like a Buffon on the sideline every game getting horse from screaming GO! every 30 seconds.

1 They have Grayson Allen

2 Coach K (can't retire soon enough)

3 At least according to ESPN all 4 of those guys were ranked higher than any of our guys.

4 Cal is a madman.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Helps when you have a senior AA guard and a superstar big man averaging 25/15. They'll get clipped because they're obviously vulnerable. Going to be tough to beat come March, though.

Was I dreaming or did Duke both get taken to overtime by Texas and really struggle with Florida in the last couple of days?

Talented team with a ton of potential and probably the best coach of all time? Sure.

But, a) Let's not crown them just yet, and b) Go Get Pumped.

Acts like they are at a symphony while Cal acts like a buffoon... seriously. WTF? Touch you, man. Touch you.

I like my basketball team and my coach.

So we’re doing this now? Focusing on our coaching staffs behavior on the sidelines? That nonsense is usually reserved for the wake of a bad loss.

Maybe we can nitpick his halftime interviews next.
If everything isn't horrible and the worst, our coaches/fans/ad/contracts/marketing/etc, the GYERO cool guys aren't allowed to be snarky. Don't want to crush on their digital street-cred.

Last edited:
Some redneck called 630am Sunday morning to complain about Mark Stoops using poor grammar in his postgame press conference.

Seriously.

Some redneck called 630am Sunday morning to complain about Mark Stoops using poor grammar in his postgame press conference.

Seriously.

Can't wait to hear the dumbass speak down to us at 6pm est during the weekly Paul Miller Ford Mazda Mark Stoops Show.

-I listen to the Sunday Morning Sportstalk show from time to time and Buerger never knows what the hell is going on. A White goes down some tangent that does not make sense. Ole Lar is Lar. Only Curtis Burch has any redeeming qualities on that show.

-I want Petrino to stay at UL. If he leaves then Brohm goes there and they will push our shit in for the next 15 years.

-I think UT will get Tee Martin. He will fail.

-I bet Cal has some things to say about K and Capel and would really like to hear them.

Seriously.

I might have childhood PTSD from having to listen to Chris from Richmond call in to bitch about UK sports on the Sunday morning call-in show while having the visceral dread of knowing that I had to sit through both Sunday School and church service while wearing a clip on tie.

Terrible.

We should all go around and say what our favorite Sonny Collins moment was.

Marvin Bagley is unreal and Coach K is the greatest of all time at sucking my nuts. If you wanna crown 'em, then crown their ass...

I listen to the 630 am Sunday Sports call in as some form of self loathing torture.

You see, yesterday’s shit show wasn’t enough. Oh no. Let’s relive it as Meisterbuerger screams into the microphone, Anthony White mumbles nonsense, & the hardest working man in showbiz throws in multiple “CHAINCES” all while the reddest of the redasses to call in to air their grievances. It’s a vicious cycle.

Call in show now. Not listening, but as long as Mark acknowledges that Saturday's debacle FALLS ON HIS SHOULDERS and that he ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT and that he MUST DO A BETTER JOB and that they WILL GET IT FIXED and that they're ready to GET BACK TO WORK then whatever I'm good.

Reactions: Mashburned
Was I dreaming or did Duke both get taken to overtime by Texas and really struggle with Florida in the last couple of days?

Talented team with a ton of potential and probably the best coach of all time? Sure.

But, a) Let's not crown them just yet, and b) Go Get Pumped.

Acts like they are at a symphony while Cal acts like a buffoon... seriously. WTF? Touch you, man. Touch you.

I like my basketball team and my coach.
Struggle with Florida [laughing]. You don't say. I wonder why that is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT