ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to hear the dumbass speak down to us at 6pm est during the weekly Paul Miller Ford Mazda Mark Stoops Show.

Not many calls. Mostly answering questions from Twitter. Reminds me of Tubbys show where they had his buddy’s call in to take the heat off him.

Question: Will CJ Conrad be back next year?

Stoops: Yes. Barring entrance into the NFL draft, and we'll look at that going forward...

Thanks, Coach, so he'll be back next year unless he's not. Got it.

[eyeroll]

Last edited:
Not many calls. Mostly answering questions from Twitter. Reminds me of Tubbys show where they had his buddy’s call in to take the heat off him.

I dont listen every week, but on the off chaince I stay late at the shop I'll turn it on for the drive home. I noticed early on they stopped taking as many calls and basically cherry picked twitter questions.

I do like Stoops, think he's done a good job getting us to this point based on what he inherited. But damn, man, grow a thicker skin. He comes across as butthurt that there are complaints, he likes to point out that we have 7 wins,2 years in a row, which hasnt been done in years. Trust me, we get that. We'd also like to see the same mistakes made year 1 not being repeated in year 5. If you hadn't dick fingered the Fla/OM games, and gotten embarrassed by your arch rival it would be a different story.

Those 3 games (Florida, Ole Miss, UofL) piss me off too....but damn, it’s hard for me to get overly upset at a Kentucky coach for not winning 9 games. That’s pretty absurd, actually.

Those 3 games (Florida, Ole Miss, UofL) piss me off too....but damn, it’s hard for me to get overly upset at a Kentucky coach for not winning 9 games. That’s pretty absurd, actually.

The problem is BJWFB seriously believed before the season that we were going to win 10/11 games. It was all over HOB & The Lair. Expectations were ridiculously high considering our past. 5 years ago most everyone would have been thrilled with 7 wins and a bowl back to back. I guess it's a sign of the "internet times" with everyone having a voice, regardless of how ridiculous it may be.

Florida and Ole Miss piss me off. UL found their way when their top defensive studs got healthy they were/are better than us.

But yes comparing our record to the historical norm should make everyone happy but we have eyes and they should have beat Florida and Ole Miss no matter what history says.

Reactions: BradentonCatFan
With the exception of *maybe* Alabama, there’s not a school in the country that’s winning as many games as they think they should.

Take your teams record, add two wins, and that’s the new expectation.

Florida-yeah we blew it. Just complete dickfingered it. Really hard to even put words to describe it. That was the tipping point. A massive corner would have been turned.

Ole Miss-should have won. Team with the ball last won. Didn’t put them away.

Miss St, UGA, Louisville just completely got boat raced. That’s concerning.

We’re getting better, but the progress is slower now.

So we didn’t win all the games that we had a chance to win? Almost like that’s a fairly normal occurrence in college football.

The problem is BJWFB seriously believed before the season that we were going to win 10/11 games. It was all over HOB & The Lair. Expectations were ridiculously high considering our past. 5 years ago most everyone would have been thrilled with 7 wins and a bowl back to back. I guess it's a sign of the "internet times" with everyone having a voice, regardless of how ridiculous it may be.
This really is not true.

Last edited:
That "be happy with seven win" nonsense needs to go. Hypothetically, if you rank our performances it probably comes out like this.
  1. Vanderbilt
  2. USC
  3. Missouri
  4. Tennessee
  5. Southern Miss
  6. Eastern KY
  7. Eastern MI
  8. Ole Miss
  9. Florida
  10. Georgia
  11. Louisville
  12. Miss St
Forget the name on the jersey for a moment, I'd argue that the Vandy and the USC game were the only two games I felt remotely good after. We played like dogsht in the rest of them and that's hardly debatable.

It’s the most underwhelming 7-5 team we’ll ever see. But still, Kentucky is *never* too good for a 7 win season.

Reactions: parrott
Not even the most sunshinest of pumpers was expecting 10/11 wins. Come on.

The negative Nancys were saying 4-6, the Chester crew was saying 8 or 9. Most were in the 6-8 range. And Stoops and his staff had been pointing at this year as the year for "the leap" since day one.

Our schedule turned out easier than anyone foresaw and it ended up being 7 wins with a couple massive missed opportunities...then a shit sundae at home against a mediocre UL team, completely losing our composure in the process.

Our defense, which we were lead to believe had 5 or 6 pros on it is putting up relatively equal numbers against an easier schedule than Stoops' first unit in which he claimed we had MAC level talent. Offense isn't much better.

7 wins is nice and in a vacuum a UK football fan should live comfortably with back to back 7 wins seasons. But I get the grumbling, especially when you start telling fans that they need to give up their longtime tickets and tailgate spots and pay more because we spose' to be SEC.

We’re historically shit, but I think it’s just fine to be disappointed at 7-5 when you shit down your leg in critical (but not complicated) situations. Literally a child playing Madden could’ve been subbed in for Stoops during a few possessions and we have 9 wins.

True, but it’s also pretty ridiculous how little credit he’s getting for the USC win. That’s a big W that’s been completely taken for granite/granted.

David Cutcliffe turned down Tennessee. :joy:

Just hire Fulmer as your AD, Tee Martin as your coach, and pray he turns out well. That’s you’re only real chance.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
If you're a mass shooter (AND YOU SHOULDN'T BE), the ROTC building is a remarkably stupid place to go. I mean it is named "Buell Armory", numbnuts.

Here’s one of the things that bothered me about the UT fan-mob this past weekend... I can absolutely see something similar happening here, but with our fans taking it even further. I mean, we kinda have already had the beginnings with the whole local media/fans/Higgins deal. The base that some of these fan media personalities have built (Travis, Jones, etc) seem willing to do almost anything they’re told/nudged to do.

Then, when things inevitably go sideways, the same media personalities that brag about how big their audiences are/how much influence they have/how connected they are will shrug their shoulders and feign ignorance. It’s just disingenuous.

A Diontre going on a mass shooting spree would certainly be different

"better research Ulysses S Davis Lexington Ky! ***** i'm not bull******* with the gunplay."

Ulysses Davis is Davis's uncle. He was arrested in 1986 for firing a rifle at people on the UK campus.

-After watching a few minutes of that Wisconsin/Virginia game last night, I came to this conclusion: Tyler Herro is a really, really smart kid.

-PTI's "add two wins" assessment is pretty spot-on. Just glanced at the current top 25, and off the top of my head I counted six teams whose fanbases are probably perfectly happy with their current win total and/or situation.

-Christmas tree went up last night. Wife went all HGTV with it(non-shiplap), but even for a traditionalist like me, it's not bad. Listening to Mike Leach's marriage rant yesterday afternoon probably helped me prepare.

-Looking for a recipe to make each year for Christmas Eve to make "my thing". My wife makes stuffed biscuits & gravy each year on Christmas morning, but I'd like a traditional dish for the night before. Tried cioppino last year, but it was a flop. Any suggestions are welcome.

Okay, I'm calling bs here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...cbe2af58c3a_story.html?utm_term=.f5a087ae7de9

So now the story is that a woman walked into the Washington Post with a completely fabricated lie about Roy Moore sexually assaulting her, and the wise and experienced journalists were able to sniff out the fraud before printing her story.

This seriously has the feel of the Post being the ones who are full of it. Setting up a fake sting in order to fake bust so they come out looking like heros in the end.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...cbe2af58c3a_story.html?utm_term=.f5a087ae7de9

So now the story is that a woman walked into the Washington Post with a completely fabricated lie about Roy Moore sexually assaulting her, and the wise and experienced journalists were able to sniff out the fraud before printing her story.

This seriously has the feel of the Post being the ones who are full of it. Setting up a fake sting in order to fake bust so they come out looking like heros in the end.
Nope. It's a bunch of idiots named Project Veritas. They try this stupid shit all the time. This is one of the problems with the world today. Even people who should be smart are goofy enough to think a legit news source created a fake sting to make themselves look like the good guys. The Washington Post is one of the best papers in the world. We're truly in a post truth era.

Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT