ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to figure this team out...like, no clue at this moment.

You could tell me Diallo gets 32 and we win, no surprise. You could tell me he gets 6 and Cal benches him and we lose by 12, no surprise.

Reactions: anthonys735
If you can’t stand in a GD line as a college student for a couple of hours in order to get almost free tickets—->GFY

Bottom line, tbh.
I think the point is why stand in a line when that’s not necessary. You could easily do it online using your student email. And it would take all of 4 minutes.

This might be complete revisionist history, but I'm remembering the lottery process taking about 5-6 hours if you were one of the later groups, especially during 2010-2012 when it was jammed packed.

Hell we're all superfans here but even for me that was a big ask given how much other shit was going on during the week. Intramurals, meetings, actual studying, lab reports. I mean that article was a crock of shit for a lot of reasons, doesn't mean the lottery process is run well.

You could tell me Diallo gets 32 and we win, no surprise.

Diallo's gonna try to shine, we all know that.

I'm hoping for a Dawg Carruth barking at Duke's bench type performance instead of clank-clank-clank-scowl with Cal yelling "DRIVE!" all game.

I am most interested to see how Cal uses Quade tonight.

For all the bitching about not seeing much zone yet, this game might be the chance to trot it out and go mostly with SGA at point for defense.

But at the same time, Calipari usually is willing to build his rotation early in the year (loses be damned) even if the pieces are currently not working optimally. See Teague in 2012 whenever many were begging to sit him and go without a point.

Richards or SKJ may have a bigger impact than expected or we might try to go completely smallball and run KU off the court upfront.

Strange game, tbh.

We showed up to the games and went to a separate line next to the student line and told them we left our tickets at home. Every once in awhile a blue jacket would come by and give the person tickets who would then hand to us.
#winningthelottery

Don’t want a lottery? Feel free to purchase your tickets like everyone else.

I hope the lottery process is never run well. I hope it’s an incredible inconvenience for every single student so only the die hards show up.

Last edited:
Diallo has played 2 games. He is 14-29 from the field. 3-6 from 3 pt range.

He has 6 assists and has only committed 1 TO.

Are people hating on him already because he looks like he might do dumb stuff later?

I'm not criticizing the criticizers here, I feel the same way. It's like I'm expecting for him to go full idiot mode at any second.

I really don't know why.

I think the point is why stand in a line when that’s not necessary. You could easily do it online using your student email. And it would take all of 4 minutes.

I think he was referring to the kid game of rock-paper-scissors to not stand in line you mentioned. yeah if YOU (which you admitted) did that as a college student, all pumps are justified. No backtracking now, take a stand and own it.

I’m completely confused by whatever ^that is. We shouldn’t have had one friend stay and the rest of us go have a couple brews?

Devonte Graham is going to be a problem. That backccourt should be solid. It'll be a great test for our guys that seemingly lack the Jayhawks' athleticism at that spot (save Diallo of course).

@ThroughBlue our region is down, but the district we play in got stronger. I'd put my top 4 as Warren Central, Bowling Green, Barren County, and Monroe County. Really, I think anyone in the top 10 could slip up and beat anyone. Should be fun!

The one thing that stands out looking at Kansas's first game is they had 20 turnovers. Maybe we can get them to cough it up a lot and get out in transition.

They only took 11 free throws too. I expect that number to quadruple tonight.

- I’d be thoroughly surprised if we win.

- Most of those kids won’t be Anth and many will only get to make a game every year or two. I still look back fondly on getting 2nd row seats at Rupp for an exhibition game.

But of course, I’m a college basketball and most aren’t.

- I just don’t have much left in the tank for Kaepernick, Trump, Weinstein, etc. Exhausting era. Just trying to pay my two mortgages and raise my pets, all the while keeping the Mrs. off my ass.

Contrary to popular belief we didn't have tickets before 2008. So... I'd pony up the money with cards....ville and we'd make a couple games a year in the uppers or SECT. In college I typically made the UL game, IU game and maybe another one.

I understand why the upper level might be a little light but the Erruption zone had like 75 people in it Sunday. That's ridiculous.

Schems were SECT fan through and through until the late aughts.

Last edited:
$50 to buy one chip? No thanks.
#onechipchallenge

71skDDJ65pL._SY355_.jpg

- I just don’t have much left in the tank for Kaepernick, Trump, Weinstein, etc. Exhausting era.

One of these is not like the other....one of these has the country thundering uphill while the other two are scumbags. Of course, not shocked you don't know the difference.

Reactions: Stonewall12
Diallo has played 2 games. He is 14-29 from the field. 3-6 from 3 pt range.

He has 6 assists and has only committed 1 TO.

Are people hating on him already because he looks like he might do dumb stuff later?

I'm not criticizing the criticizers here, I feel the same way. It's like I'm expecting for him to go full idiot mode at any second.

I really don't know why.
Remember the first time you saw Tyler Ulis play...didn't even take a full game and it was like, "ok, never have to worry about dumb shit with that kid, good to know."

Sometimes, you just know. No worries, Diallo is going to give us awesome moments as well. Won't surprise me a bit if one of those is in a few hours.

If you got an alcohol citation and were served with a community service penalty by the DOS office, one of the options was working the basketball lottery. Most wouldnt sign up for it bc it typically lasted a lot longer than the amount of time you had to serve... There was a certain group of fraternity men that realized that those working the lottery knew the order of the groups selected, and if persuaded they would provide you with the tickets for the first group called.

This benefit would last for quite awhile until the scheme was discovered.

I get the sense that overall the appeal for attending live sporting events isn’t there for people like it was back in the day. I don’t know if it’s less enthusiasm for the games, better (in most cases- not counting the elite box seat, courtside stuff) viewing experiences at home with cheap ass HDTV now, or what but I think UK will look back and see that lowering the seating capacity at CWS will be a much better move than the PJCS expansion for example.

Note that my above theory shouldn’t apply to college students though. But the kid who bitches about going through the same lottery system his forefathers went through or is priced out at $10.00 a ticket is probably less likely to grow up and throw money at the program like some of the club seat GYERO-set do now and that could be a cause for concern down the line.

Put SGA on Graham and tell him to wear his ass out. Keep hearing he's got a little Liggins in him. Let's find out. If he can dog him anything like Liggins used to we'll at least be in the game.

LOL at Tucker. Eff anyone telling us we should be cheery about a kid committing, decommitting, committing again, having family come on the radio to tell us he's all in, "shutting down his recruitment" and then decommitting again. Get lost. I don't wish physical harm on the kid, but assuming he doesn't recommit again, he can certainly feel free to get all the way pumped.

Last edited:
Everybody's like "I want bigger stadiums" and i'm just like "nah dont do that"
I think they should reduce Rupp's capacity by a little and put seats rather than bleachers in the upper level...that would be something for Joe 6 pack. Maybe just take the upper level student tickets away to do so.

Those bleachers suck. The average American outgrew the allotted butt space 20 years ago.

I think they should reduce Rupp's capacity by a little and put seats rather than bleachers in the upper level...that would be something for Joe 6 pack. Maybe just take the upper level student tickets away to do so.

Those bleachers suck. The average American outgrew the allotted butt space 20 years ago.
I believe most would pay a $20 spot more per ticket up there if they got an actual seat. But then again a lot of people have student loans so I doubt it.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
Contrary to popular belief we didn't have tickets before 2008. So... I'd pony up the money with cards....ville and we'd make a couple games a year in the uppers or SECT. In college I typically made the UL game, IU game and maybe another one.

I understand why the upper level might be a little light but the Erruption zone had like 75 people in it Sunday. That's ridiculous.

Schems were SECT fan through and through until the late aughts.

Wasn’t taking a shot at you- just pointing out that these chances to see every game with good seats are fleeting for most so they should take advantage.

I am way up in those bench seats. My ass is larger than the average American's by quite a bit. (STFU Adrian)

When I bring an average size person with me, I have no trouble fitting.

I would not be opposed to actual seats, but I wouldn't want to pay an additional $20 per game to have that luxury. I'm paying over $100 per for the Louisville game as is.

Hell, average run of the mill SEC Saturday games are $75 per this year. That's up in my not so smug seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT