ADVERTISEMENT

Alien Romulus

BC_Wader

Junior
Aug 13, 2021
Anyone excited for this? I'm pumped and have read a lot of good things about it. Scott and Cameron have both been wowed by this movie so that's a really good sign. There have been some turds in this franchise for sure (looking at you Alien 3 and Covenant). Alvarez has proven to be a good maker of horror movies and practical effects trumps cgi in this movie. Being a HUGE fan of the first two flicks and Prometheus, which has grown on me big time, I'm excited to be there on Day 1.

I’m definitely excited and also a fan of Prometheus. I also liked Covenant and the David storyline but wish they would have just let Scott make the three films he wanted to. Alien and Vladerunner are the best scifi franchises and I’m glad they’re getting new life.

I’m definitely excited and also a fan of Prometheus. I also liked Covenant and the David storyline but wish they would have just let Scott make the three films he wanted to. Alien and Vladerunner are the best scifi franchises and I’m glad they’re getting new life.
I trashed Prometheus at the movies. Almost walked out on it. It's grown on me a lot but still has flaws particularly the incubation period.

I trashed Prometheus at the movies. Almost walked out on it. It's grown on me a lot but still has flaws particularly the incubation period.

There’s a lot to it. Personally I love the idea of the individual who has reached the level where he thinks he is a god being killed by his actual creator who is wielding his dismembered creation.

Reactions: J_Dee
There’s a lot to it. Personally I love the idea of the individual who has reached the level where he thinks he is a god being killed by his actual creator who is wielding his dismembered creation.
I didn't like Covenant at all. Also Alien 3, Ressurection, and the spinoff garbage with Predator I could've done without. Huge fan of the first two. I was the 7 year old that got to see the original in the theaters with my parents. My Sister and I were probably the only kids in there. That experience etched my love for sci-fi horror in stone. Today it probably be considered borderline child abuse lol!

I didn't like Covenant at all. Also Alien 3, Ressurection, and the spinoff garbage with Predator I could've done without. Huge fan of the first two. I was the 7 year old that got to see the original in the theaters with my parents. My Sister and I were probably the only kids in there. That experience etched my love for sci-fi horror in stone.

Agreed on anything after Aliens. I like Covenant because of Fassbender channeling Rutger Hauer as the rogue replicant. Would have loved to have seen where he went from the end of Covenant.

I didn't like Prometheus or Covenant, seems they were kind of self important and less profound than they thought they were. Pretentious is the word. Plus the crews were so stupid in their decision making. This one looks good, fingers crossed. I am a huge fan of Alien and Aliens.

Reactions: BC_Wader and J_Dee
I thought we as a society decided that Aliens was the final film in the Alien saga. Everything after was just a fever dream

Agreed. Aliens brings Ripley's saga full-circle and has a perfect ending.

But -- spoiler about Romulus's plot:

This is a small-scale movie about scavengers on a space station that takes place between Alien and Aliens. It likely doesn't touch Ripley's story since she's floating around in stasis at this time -- and so, if it's good, it should be a perfect addendum to Alien and Aliens.

Variety: Alien: Romulus Star Cailee Spaeny Confirms New Entry Is Set Between the First Two Films

“It’s supposed to slot in between the first movie and the second movie,” Spaeny tells Variety’s Michaela Zee. “They brought the same team from ‘Aliens,’ the James Cameron film. The same people who built those xenomorphs actually came on and built ours. So getting to see the original design with the original people who have been working on these films for 45-plus years and has been so much of their life has been really incredible.”

So here's hoping it forges a great trilogy -- Alien, Romulus, Aliens.

Reactions: chroix and BC_Wader
I didn't like Covenant at all. Also Alien 3, Ressurection, and the spinoff garbage with Predator I could've done without. Huge fan of the first two. I was the 7 year old that got to see the original in the theaters with my parents. My Sister and I were probably the only kids in there. That experience etched my love for sci-fi horror in stone. Today it probably be considered borderline child abuse lol!
I think I was 14 when Alien came out. I'm not usually scared of horror flicks but Alien, on the big screen in a dark theater, scared the bejeebers out of me. It was great.

Looks familiar. Might be excited to see if, if the Aliens series did not exist. The trailer looks like a remake. Just does not look original.

I committed to taking one of my nieces and a few of her friends to a matinee this weekend. Romulus will be the first Alien movie she's seen at a theater, and she's pretty much the exact same age as I was (there's less than a three-month difference) when I saw Alien 3 at the theater in the summer of '92.

Reactions: chroix and BC_Wader
I think I was 14 when Alien came out. I'm not usually scared of horror flicks but Alien, on the big screen in a dark theater, scared the bejeebers out of me. It was great.
I was 8 and my Sister 6. We were hanging all over Mom and Dad. An experience I'll never forget. Star Wars cemented sci- fi in my brain but Alien took it to another level. I have high hopes for Romulus.

Reactions: J_Dee and chroix
It was rather good but no way near the level of the first two movies. Fede does a fantastic job of creating the atmosphere and the sound design and cinemaphotography was excellent. Probably the best looking Alien movie ever. The Android Andy was the best character in the movie. There's A LOT of fan service here with call backs to all the previous films. The 3rd act has had some good and bad takes and I'm not sure what to think of that at the moment as I just got out of the theater but it was different for sure because there really wasn't many hints as to why. There is a MAJOR call back to the first movie and it's not some one off fan service. It's in there quite a bit. A lot of folks hated it but I liked it. Tense, dark, and action packed, I'll see this again.
One thing is for sure is that if there ever is a Dead Space movie, I want Fede to direct it. 4 stars out of Five but it could've been better. It's worth seeing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT