ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s my land grant university bias showing, but I don’t understand the economics of high school sized liberal arts schools paying athletic departments. Are they all essentially pay-to-play deals where the kid gets a “scholarship” but it’s more or less a slight discount to tuition and coaches are part-time. How and why is a DIII golf coach, that fields a team of four, paid money at all?

Louisville FC just won the USL championship 1-0 on an 89th minute goal. I don't care if it is some millennial European horse shit, that's cool as hell.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Swope Park lol wut.

No clue where that was so looked it up......turns out that’s Kansas City’s second soccer team errrrrr futbol club after their mls team. The minor leagueness continues......what an embarrassment and my derby city pride is as high as anyone’s.

But the lads had drums and chanted white stripes the whole time bc that’s fresh so omg.

I've got a little millennial me, too. (You're welcome Dr. Boat).

Tonight's announced start time of 9:30 pm is brutal. Game won't start until ten and I'll be wired after, win or lose, and I'll want to stay up to listen to the Matt Jones postgame show.

Sad!

Reactions: BristolCat
On the student ticket issue: the lottery system is, indeed, stupid, especially if they aren't filling demand now.

Just do first come, first serve at the ticket counter starting on Sunday afternoon for the week's tickets. If some little peckerwood wants to start a student ticket exchange app, more power to him.

-RE:Golf guy smack talk. As Clark point out. Even if you just casually enjoy golf, listen to the NLU "Club Pro Guy" podcast. It's so good.

-Bench? I have no idea. I don't really lift to max out. Much like I don't golf to hit long drives. Guarantee I could do my body weight though.

-That time of year, coming off football season, lots going on, vaca on the horizon, Holidays, putting on my winter weight for sure.

-MCF thinking we play Texas in the Liberty Bowl? That would be pretty fun.

Tbh, kentucky fans aren't filling up Rupp. And I don't blame them, but attendance sure looked bleak on the broadcast.

But students definitely suck and they get wayyyyyy too many tickets. Never understood why they got that huge upper section that nobody ever uses. THANKS A LOT MITCH.

Kentucky raised the price of tickets without enhancing the experience.

Fn Hunts pizza??? Crappin me, Mitch!!?

Sports in general is just learning a lesson: I got a 65" Sony Plex with NAS and a sack of medicinal at home, I ain't paying money to come sit on your stupid plastic seat and eat HUNTS FN PIZZA. Get real.

It's bullshit. I went to UK during the probation years. Mu senior year was the '92 Unforgettables team. Maybe because we were shit that last season under Sutton and had a bunch of lovable scrubs that first year or 2 under Pitino, the crowds were so loud and energetic whether we played Portland State or Kansas. We just wanted UK basketball to be fun and relevant and prominent again.

I've won student lotteries and been just 4 rows from the floor, and I've sat at the very top of the place as a student. I went anyway. Tickets were still free, but in hindsight I would've paid the $5 or the $10 to be there.

Maybe Cal has gotten us to the point where we are taking this all for granted again. The place is back to sitting on its hands. The old-timers yell at you for standing and cheering in front of them. The biggest cheers are for the shot at the free Chick Fil-A. Some of the women still crochet or read a book throughout the game. A lot of season ticket holders also seem to be trying to re-sell their seats each game on Ticketmaster, too, and it'd driving up the prices to go.

If we're really the Standard for college basketball, the atmosphere at games should reflect that. Kansas has it figured out. Duke has it figured out. We, the greatest fanbase in all the country, should also have that figured out.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Sheeeyat. In the Joe B / Eddie years, used to either (a) sit / lie on the sidewalk for 24 hours leading up to the lottery, or (b) get hammered, go pass out in line in a sleeping bag at 2 am on the frozen ground.

The UK fan equivalent of walking through the snow 10 miles to school every day, uphill both ways.

Luckily I was older than SAE, so I never got kicked while waiting in line.

The cost of tuition to attend the University is close to $10,000 and a lot of students have no choice but to dig themselves into debt just to obtain an education.

:joy: No choice? False.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Students get too many seats to both football and bball. TS. I wish they filled both areas up... but they don't. Those upper student seats need to go to the gen pub lottery. Or better yet, during the renovation put seats up there and reduce the capacity by 3-4k.

Early games, at weird times, playing shit opponents with 3-4 UK events within a couple days. It'll be packed when it needs to be.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Some of the women still crochet or read a book throughout the game.

oIfsazT_d.jpg

Reactions: GrandePdre
When I tore my pec I was on third rep of 335. Maybe it’s smart Anth doesn’t max out. I’d think he could get up around 205.

Waiting for the lottery on a bitter cold Sunday morning was the tits.

At some point during my time at UK they changed it to a night distribution which was nice even though I was there past midnight some times but as a college student I didn't have anything better to do. We didn't smart phones to keep us entertained while we waited either. Pussies.

- Our football team (hs) keeps winning. I have 5 guys 6'3 or better on that team tearing it up. I want them to win everything, but I am so very ready to turn those guys loose on the hardwood. We scrimmage Saturday with only 15 guys ready to play. Should be fun!

- Has everyone taken their mandatory fall family pictures? My Facebook wall is flooded with them, including my own. Chicks DIG fall, you guys.

I look like a big goofy stiff in our pics, which I am. Luckily my kids are photogenic and my wife is hot. It's a perfect "one of these things is not like the other" visual.

- I think I went to school with the greenskeeper at Pheasant Run. Could probably get you guys on for cheap if you give me a little heads up in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT