ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
$50 to buy one chip? No thanks.
#onechipchallenge

71skDDJ65pL._SY355_.jpg

Not only was the KSR article based on a terrible premise and written poorly- the “interviews” were with other KSR writers, including an EKU student weighing in on the UK student lottery.

Do better, KSR writers.

I like that Kaepernick "declined" to give an interview to GQ for being named "Citizen of the Year". I'm sure there was a lawyer with a cattle prod standing behind him if he even opened his mouth to discuss anything during the photoshoot.

As you all know I’m a huge fan of the GQ Person of the Year award and carefully track potential winners throughout the year leading up to, in my opinion, the biggest day of the Person of the Year calendar when they announce their pick.

Well let me tell you the consensus between the other GQPOTY-balls I associate with is that this is the biggest stunner since GQ chose Adolph Hitler in 1923.

It’s almost like they picked someone they knew would give them palpable buzz- not that the GQ Person of the Year award needs any more attention than it (rightfully) garners every year.

- Our football team (hs) keeps winning. I have 5 guys 6'3 or better on that team tearing it up. I want them to win everything, but I am so very ready to turn those guys loose on the hardwood. We scrimmage Saturday with only 15 guys ready to play. Should be fun.

Who is big dog in the 4th this year?

That kid who played at BG last year is at Adair county this year and I get to watch him go balls deep on the mighty panthers on Nov 28

* Congrats to Suter and Louisville City.

And the USL is not 3rd/4th tier, it is actually like AAA now to the MLS. The NASL and USL are on equal footing.

It helps with my FCC lads having an awful season on the pitch knowing that we went 2-1-1 against the champs.

* I am OK with people who are enthusiastic fans of things I don't really care about. I'm not sure why people being fans of a local soccer team bothers so many of you so much?

* Wildcat Willy is a fan of Nashville's Gulch District. Cool area.

* Good to see Chumps and the BBdK's.

The Randall Moore is NOT a fan of UK running the ball. Can't wait to watch the Blue Jackets in CBus with him and Gimel Martinez. We will make it happen.

* Burger Republic is a Nashville chain that I hope moves up this way. Good stuff.

* Fireball and Sprite is ok if it is all you have on you, but not recommended.

* Detox starts now.

* For those of you keeping score at home, the final tally for 2017 is Nashville 2 - Wildcat Willy 0.

* The Big Ten must be left out of the CFB Playoff. That would be very rewarding for me.

* Finally shaved the Santa Claus beard. Looked ridiculous.

* Cats get rolled tonight, but I like my team.

* Cats get rolled Saturday, but I like my team.

* I heart Stephen Johnson.

* wcc, a house just went on the market in my neighborhood. Just sayin'.

#ComeEnjoyThe SmugLifeInBrandywineOnTheLittleMiami

Current subscriptions:

Esquire
GQ
Garden & Gun
New York Times (digital)

Was already going to cancel GQ because it sucks but this gives me a nice little OUTRAGE play that I'm excited about tbh.

-DMB's "Grey Street" has aged pretty well.

-The 2006 Volvo is departing for Athens Friday morning. Nice little airbnb off caimpus. First trip there since 2007.

-Offer going out on this house tonight I guess. 15% chance it happens.

-Early indications are I will be ALL IN on the Gunnar Hoak era.

I used to criticize fans/students for not coming to games but no longer. I go to UK football games because I love going but am well aware where fans like me stand with UKAA. The average fan/student is so far down on the priority list for UK that I don’t blame them for not coming. UK athletics chooses to base their decision making and invest in the experience for the people that matter to them (tv partners, corporate partners, media, donors, coaches, etc) and the average fan simply doesn’t factor into the equation anymore. UK has basically said “You’re not a priority for us but we should be a priority for you”... That just doesn’t work anymore.

Late but won the lottery once and sat front row next to clown hair guy. That guy had it figured out because he sat front and center every game in the early 90's.

*I put my endorsement stamp on Babalu which Lexington recently opened up at the Summit. Lexington obviously opens there locations after its been successful in much better food markets. I realize its a (small) chain and obviously eating at a chain restaurant is a really peasant thing to do, but there are less than 10 locations so you aren't an all-out loser for dining there. Good tacos, good happy hour specials.

*UK gets worked but the in-game redass will actually fade rather quickly after we show some flashes of promise. Congrats to all of you that got it at -2.5 points before it shot up. Mich. State at +2 would be my play if I were a gamboling man.

*My dad went down for the Vandy game, his first trip to that stadium. His text rundown: "Small stadium, their fans left early. O-line played well." *Thats* how you give a hot take. Old man heads off to Chicago and then a few games off before going to watch them in NY. Really doing retirement the right way.

*Our fantasy football league was initially renewed this year before we all ultimately decided not to do it anymore. Apparently the cancellation group text that went out left one guy off. He's been actively making trades, and trying all year.

*BIGTIME playoff matchup this weekend between the DeSales Colts and the Louisville Christian Academy Centurions. Colts -2.5 currently.

*My favorite social media videos now are the ones that are at a tailgate where someone films a girlfriend yelling at her boyfriend. And he just stands there and has to take it. We've all been there.

*The oversized beanbag chair is an underrated cozy living room addition.

*Don't care if students dont want to go or not... do think if the tickets arent sold 24 hours before tip, they should be open to others.

The revolving door of a roster full of new players every year doesn't help with fan apathy.
I tell you what apathy is, bringing back a rotation that included, Sheray Thomas, Bobby Perry, and Woo year after year.

"you mean we are doing this again?"

I get plenty excited watching talents like Knox and Washington grow as the year goes on. If our fans can't, that's on them.

Let those kids blast off 6am smoke bombs and pound away on percussion instruments, and the student section would look like a cross between a prison riot and a headbanger concert.

Home court advantage, ftmfw.

They will be there for bigger games, obvi. Maybe they will make the erruption zone different since its apparently not a good spot to watch all of the sudden. Hopefully they start by never calling it the Erruption zone again. But students are never going to have courtside seats, so that argument can be put to bed pretty quickly.

Keep in mind, the award is citizen of the year. Not Man of the year. They're not necessarily saying he's a great man, just that he's a tremendous American, positively impacting the country and that he gives generously to his community.

REALLY looking forward to watching (prob sharing too tbh) SAE’s self filmed video from the front seat of his Volvo just blasting libs and pwning GQ as he cancels his subscription.

Can. ‘T. Wait.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Keep in mind, the award is citizen of the year. Not Man of the year. They're not necessarily saying he's a great man, just that he's a tremendous American, positively impacting the country and that he gives generously to his community.

Counterpoint- He can give generously all he wants to the community (and I applaud him for that), but GQ isn't putting him on the cover without the National Anthem protests and the pig cops socks. Hard to call someone a tremendous American when he's not exactly acting like a proud American.

Reactions: NotchLickKat
Millennial bitches. The lotteries were at 8am on Sunday when I started at UK and we had to watch Saul F’ing Smith run the point.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/1/ke...nt-section-and-here-are-the-many-reasons-why/
The system should be online though. What an archaic system. The rest of it though, cry me a river.

We got our number, played paper rock scissors for who had to stay and the rest of us snuck out the door at Memorial to go has some crafties at Pazzos until we got the text to head back over to pick up our tickets.

Wish I could’ve gotten on that -2.5, my book has it at -5 already. Knew that was coming. Although, I still think 5 should be okay.

- Nashville likely getting one of the MLS expansion franchises, and they’ll play their first two years about 5 blocks from my house. I’ll be ALL IN.

- Long weekend. Out Friday night. Saturday UK-Vandy game with the fan, Sunday Titans-Bengals.

Then my NKY buddies in town ended up staying Sunday night...which led to being out in Midtown til 12. Not advised.

- Waaaay too excited for the cleaning service I just hired for the house.

- Hosting Friendsgiving for my Nashville crew. Smoking a turkey, never done it...planning on following the Serious Eats recipe exactly. Anyone else have any pointers?

- Vandy lost to Belmont last night. Love it. Hopefully a looooooong season for those pompous pricks.

- Used to be a 4-5 week guy. But now I’m getting hair trimmed every 3 weeks. #whyididthis

- The lottery system is whatever. Really dumb to sit there and wait for hours after they’ve announced order. By our JR-SR year I was done with it too, but that was more due to the direction of the damn team.

But it’s November...whatever.

Reactions: wcc31
Does Diallo shine on the big stage or does he go full retard and give in to those impulses to shoot every shot, not play defense, and ignore Cal?

Noticed that Diallo, way more than anyone on this team, has bad stretches that are just total systems fail. Taking and missing stupid shots, making James Young passes, getting beat on d and giving up and one's.

Hopefully Cal has him reigned in tonight. He can be an unbelievable force when his mind is in the right place.

Think we see a big game out of PJ. Seems like the type of game that PJ would thrive in.

Hoping for an unexpected 15-18 out of a guy like Wenyen or Quade. Quade seems like a gamer and 3-4 3s out of him would be huge.

Is Kansas any good?

Smoking a turkey is easy. I typically brine mine for 24 hours in the fridge. Sliced a bunch of jalepenos and threw them in. Subtle but great flavor.

Like to spatchcock a full turkey. Rub with olive oil, season heavily (use Cajun rub) and melt and inject butter with the rub. Heat the egg 300-350. I like to use pecan chunks. Cook 2-3 hours indirect to internal temp of 165.

Most important, wait until dinner is ready, then slice and serve.

Profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT