ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Idk who if anyone is expecting to beat Kansas. Hoping for a close game that will make me feel good about the team going forward.

-how much is everyone expecting from baker when he returns?

Win or lose, I'm not sure the Kansas game means much, long-term. Just too damn early.

Looking back at Cal's tenure, I think he's 7-1 in the WAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO EARLY FIRST MARQUEE GAME OF THE SEASON, with the only loss I see is in 2011 against Duke. There have been a lot of blowouts, too.

So, I too agree with your take that it is just too damn early for the game to be a very good predictor for how the season will go.

Our unwillingness to even attempt to use our size in the paint was concerning. I get it, we don't have a back to the basket beast center and that shouldn't be our first (or even second) offensive option. But when you have a lineup with 3 guys 6'8" or above against a honk heavy roster, you would think one of them would be able to get a mismatch and at least draw a double team a couple of times. Nope.

Knox and Richards think posting up means catching the ball 15 feet from the basket on the baseline and Washington could barely dribble while backing his guy down. Very concerned*

*I only watched the first half and very start of the 2nd. If they dominated the paint after that, my account has been hacked and I didn't say any of that. Russians and whatnot

* In terms of his refusal to play zone, Cal is as stubborn as our football coaches.

* Sihiem King is Raymond Sanders without the glasses.

* Should find out what time the UK-UofL game kicks today. I'm guessing noon. I say this every year, but there are too many other big rivalry games that day featuring marquee teams. Who cares about a couple of basketball schoolsasucka.

* Guard a wide receiver and we're playing for the SEC East title this weekend.

* Christmas tree goes up on Thanksgiving and down on December 26. I will lobby for it to stay up until New Year's, but I will be overruled. The wife always wants things straightened up and back to normal ASAP.

* Going into the KU game fully expecting to lose, yet will be furious the first time Diallo forces up a contested 19 footer that misses badly and leads to a fast break dunk the other way.

* I wonder what Boom Williams is doing right now.

Reactions: B Rax
Our unwillingness to even attempt to use our size in the paint was concerning. I get it, we don't have a back to the basket beast center and that shouldn't be our first (or even second) offensive option. But when you have a lineup with 3 guys 6'8" or above against a honk heavy roster, you would think one of them would be able to get a mismatch and at least draw a double team a couple of times. Nope.

Knox and Richards think posting up means catching the ball 15 feet from the basket on the baseline and Washington could barely dribble while backing his guy down. Very concerned*

*I only watched the first half and very start of the 2nd. If they dominated the paint after that, my account has been hacked and I didn't say any of that. Russians and whatnot
We went to Washington until the end of the game.

I got invited to go to one of those Louisville soccer games last weekend. I impolitely declined.

This minor league soccer thing is getting to be a little much, folks. You Louisville and Cincy people are equally guilty of this.
SOON TO BE MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER FAN THO

just kidding they'll build a new publicly funded stadium outside my 5 miles from home comfort zone and I'll stop going to games

How many guys actually develop a back-to-the-basket game these days? It's a dying art.

Reactions: BristolCat
If Tennessee some how actually did hire Gruden, and he ended up being a total disaster, that would potentially be the greatest thing in SEC football history.
I could see this happening if they hire him instead of a good college coach.

It'd be like UK fans pining for Jeff VanGundy at this point of his career.

Reactions: _Chase_
I expected Vermont to be close. My real concern is that it didn't sound like we made winning plays (save for the big Knox 3) down the stretch and were just lucky they missed 3 long balls to tie the game.

The supporters are called "The Coopers" because "coopers make barrels that carry bourbon and give it a unique flavor." Not even kidding

If I was one of the lads I would not find this rousing. Instead, I'd probably gather for a few pints with my mates after the action on the pitch and call these wankers something like "The Poopers."

Last edited:
I expected Vermont to be close. My real concern is that it didn't sound like we made winning plays (save for the big Knox 3) down the stretch and were just lucky they missed 3 long balls to tie the game.

Last part of the game was a struggle, but the offense looked good rest of the game. No long scoring droughts to speak of.

*If you are a fan of the No Laying Up account- their podcast with Club Pro Guy is one of the funniest things ive listened to in recent memory.

*Down double figures to U. Val. U. I predicted an 0-3 weekend and boy was I wrong. But was nice to have embarrassing in-game redass again.

*Told you all months ago about a guy named Lynn Bowden.

*This is the guy we are scrambling for to replace Jarren Williams
Cpnd11mXEAApWfm.jpg

Looking back at Cal's tenure, I think he's 7-1 in the WAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO EARLY FIRST MARQUEE GAME OF THE SEASON, with the only loss I see is in 2011 against Duke. There have been a lot of blowouts, too.

Michigan State was raw dog deep dicking UK in 2013 til Randle decided he'd had enough and ended up making the final look at least somewhat respectable.

Weirdly excited about Tyler Herro. I don't usually get over-excited about honk recruits but something about his game, the confidence level, his name, taking him from Wisconsin, I've got this weird feeling he goes down as an all-time favorite.

Quade Green reminds me of another Green - Taurean Green. And not, not because they're both ninjas and both have the last name Green. Consistent and steady on offense, shoot somewhere around 38% from three and 80-85% at the line. Not overly fast or imposing.. just stead.

I knew the game would be close on Sunday. I'm actually surprised at how well we played outside of the ending. I never thought the game was in doubt. A nice 8-12 point lead throughout.

I think the game with Kansas will be a lot closer than most expect. I think it'll be 6-8 points either way. I think Knox and Diallo have huge games, and we make a fair share of threes. We won't be playing against a bunch of cutting, shooting honkies.

- You’re going to have seasons like this under Cal. Just have to be patient, but it’s also why it’s so important to capitalize on seasons like last year. F’ing Luke Maye and Higgins.

- Kansas will get us by a dozen or more, which I could have told you before even watching a practice. Too young for this kind of game this early.

- About to put an offer on a house but got cold feet at the last minute. Any advice to new house buyer would be appreciated.

Thumping Kansas to open the 2011/12 season was pretty effing awesome. You just knew we were going to "Dexter St. Jock" all over college basketball that season.

Any advice to new house buyer would be appreciated.
Get the grizzled-est, contrary old realtor in your area and tell them your exact price range and don't budge.

They'll show you 3 or 4 overpriced pieces of shit before finally getting to some good deals, usually the ugliest house in the best neighborhood. Buy that.

And for touch's sakes do not try any bullshit about not using a realtor or trying to get a better deal by cutting out the commission, etc. For a first time homebuyer, a good realtor is worth every penny.

You're welcome.

Reactions: wcc31
Just make sure to find a good home inspector. First house attempt the inspector found about 30k in problems the owner wasn’t willing to fix. Side stepped that landmine.

So what’s up with the QB guy that was from Ohio State? Does he just suck or what?

Wolfmans got nards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT