ADVERTISEMENT

WCS says Cal drew recruits not UK.

Lets see how you feel after the 25 Arkansas class is in the books . There is a reason everyone says it was Cal (including his former KY players ) . Just cause you hate the man don't let it make you look foolish .
WHO LET THE PIGS OUT!!!!!!

Let's see how you feel when your 25 Arkansas class gets knocked out of the tourney by some low level mid major.

I will wait while you explain how your response has anything to do with what I posted.
Well I said this:
Only one of those titles was using the one and done strategy. 2010 wasn't. Taking the years both coaches went all in on one and done Cal was more successful overall. K couldn't even make the Final Four with that stacked Zion team.
To which you responded with this:
You really believe your nonsense!!
So I'll say it again and I'd love for you to tell me where my nonsense is.

K won a single title with the one and done strategy, just like Cal. K went all in on one and done starting with Kyrie, and did it for 12 seasons. We'll remove the Covid year and say 11. In those 11 seasons he made two Final Fours and won one title. He also lost in the first round twice.

So what is better, four Final Fours and one title or two Final Fours and one title?

Well I said this:

To which you responded with this:

So I'll say it again and I'd love for you to tell me where my nonsense is.

K won a single title with the one and done strategy, just like Cal. K went all in on one and done starting with Kyrie, and did it for 12 seasons. We'll remove the Covid year and say 11. In those 11 seasons he made two Final Fours and won one title. He also lost in the first round twice.

So what is better, four Final Fours and one title or two Final Fours and one title?
This thread has nothing to do with K. This is all about Cal's recruiting and coaching. Kentucky provided a major enhancement to Cal's recruiting, and he wasted that talent at a historic level.

ONCE AGAIN!!!!!! If Cal's recruiting was all about him and not the program, he would have been able to have the same recruiting success at UMass and Memphis. He didn't have that level of success at those two programs no matter how many more times you list those handful of players over a period of 8 years at UMass and 9 Years at Memphis.
Are you illiterate?
Once again who said it was ALL Cal? No one, certainly not me! I specifically said UK’s name made him a better recruiter, and he made UK more appealing to recruits (because of his NBA sales pitch).
Are you so dumb to think the best recruiter of all time (whomever that is, K or Cal or Wooden or Dean Smith or…) could go recruit at Jackson St or Navy or ETSU just as good as they did at their elite schools? No!!!! So of course he recruited better at UK than the 2 mid-majors. I said that! But He had more success recruiting at those mid majors than they should have had.
It should be obvious that he brought in more highly rated players on average than other past UK coaches. But his poor coaching could only turn that into 1 championship. That doesn’t mean there have been great recruiting classes at UK in the past who were as good or better as Han Cal’s best. But on average they weren’t. If I were to rank recruiters at UK, I would go:
Cal
Hall
Sutton
Pitino
Tubby
BCG
(I left off Rupp because I think it was so different then)

If Cal is such a spectacular recruiter, why is there no evidence of it before Kentucky? Without Kentucky, Cal would never have experienced the recruiting success that he did. There is nothing in his history that suggest otherwise. I have very little patience for people who are lazy and waste the number of resources and opportunities as Cal. Cal completely stopped coaching after tricking UK into the lifetime contract. I will never forgive him for that.
I'm with you. Before UK, Cal had some recruiting successes. While at UK, the Calipari name became a "brand", and the UK Program and Tradition was used wisely by Cal to promote himself and to make his recruiting successes legendary. If not at UK, the Calipari brand would not exist to the extent it grew at UK. The same was true for Pitino. It's the UK Program FIRST and everything else is a distant second. The reason Pope will succeed massively, IMO, is because he's honest, smart, humble, and he respects UK and the fanbase ... all while actually knowing how to coach the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT