ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make sure to find a good home inspector. First house attempt the inspector found about 30k in problems the owner wasn’t willing to fix. Side stepped that landmine.

:100points:

This can not be emphasized enough. Sometimes some inspectors see a nice looking house and "miss" stuff assuming it's all nice.

They got a lot of their open looks from 3 on simple ball screens up top or just off to the side. The zone doesnt eliminate a team from getting looks outside, but we are going to have to mix in some type of change defensively, at least until we get better at defending the ball screen- so maybe we can force the offense to make a change in their approach. Until then, an average shooter sets screen, receives pass, makes shot, while we all look around confused.

Vermont made some contested shots, too- but a lot of what they got in the second half was way too easy.

That being said, KU can carve us up regardless of what defense we play. We can't keep good guards out of the lane right now- so unless we shoot lights out to keep it close-- Tuesday is a learning experience.

I’ve had Good and bad experience with the inspector. First one in Michigan was bad ass.

Second one, which was supposedly the best in town, missed a bunch of stuff.

It’s comical how they waive any responsibility for missing shit too. So pay me $600, I’ll try my best, but F you.

What are they the weatherman?

Our home inspector was nice enough to let us know the front porch light wouldn't turn on but couldn't tell me if it was a bad bulb or a wiring problem. [thumb2]

Good news is that everything that seemed major, to a lay person like me, the sellers agreed to fix.

Reactions: UKRob 73 and rudd1
A lot of the open looks came from the simple fact the defender WOULD NOT even put a hand up. So much for all that length if you are too cool to use. Gave a simple O'le hand up AFTER the shooter released.

-Saw the picture, and while she looked cute as hell, I was like -> :scream: JMO, but plenty of other Vandy games to sport their gear. IF she's going to bleed blue.

-PTI, stick to cute sleeping on the couch pics with your girl. TIA.

-My piece of advice, don't buy a house with a gingko tree. Rest is pretty straight forward and nerve racking.

-Not taking up for home inspectors because they suck but we're basically trying to price our way out of those things. Can't imagine that for an entire house.

Sellers like => F*** you, I just wanted a clean bill of health on the system don't put what's really wrong on the invoice.
Buyers like (2 years later) => F*ck you, you gave it a clean bill of health, I wouldn't have bought this place if I knew I had to replace my hvac within the 1st 2 years.

Hey dummy, you're buying a used house. They require upkeep. Hire a decent contractor to walk through to make sure it's not going to collapse and do a termite inspection.

Last edited:
A bad home inspection is sometimes the price you pay when you dip your toe into the #smuglife pool.

Hey Chad the good news is when your inspector screws up and you get to drop 10k on a new HvAC system your buddy Anth will profit.

Reactions: anthonys735
- Amazing the lack of enthusiasm for a gridiron Wildcats team that is two plays- count’m TWO plays- from 9-1.

- Anyone else pumped to be up until 1am redassing about a ballgame tomorrow?

- This house thing is really stressing me out. I’d appreciate the empathy and respect I’ve shown all of you through the years during this trying time.

- I hate soft liberal SAE as much as anyone but what a cute little family.

-Our inspectors seemed like they knew what they were doing. They gave an honest assessment on some things that we might need to worry about. Went back to the seller with the potential concerns and got them fixed beforehand. Seemed like a win-win to me, but I'm sure some inspections are useless.

-If you're buying an older home with some older appliances, maybe consider a home warranty for at least the first year or so. Our realtor insisted on it, and it ended up saving us about a grand a few months later when the water heater basically melted (not on the inspection report, lol). But it's probably a waste of money for a lot of homebuyers and I'm sure there are a million exclusions on what's covered.

-Maybe this is why MENGUS still rents?

The "two plays away" always annoys the piss out of me. We're also "two plays away" from 5-5.

Real talk: this team is 7-3, and 8-4 is very doable. Thats a great year at Kentucky.

Why? Obviously, I’m taking one side of it, but it’s still true which is remarkable for this program.

Because it's stupid. EVERY team is a few plays away from a totally different record, unless they play in 12 straight blowouts.

Because it's stupid. EVERY team is a few plays away from a totally different record, unless they play in 12 straight blowouts.

I don’t care about other teams. That hold doesn’t get called against Florida and we get a stop against Ole Miss, we’re 9-1. At Kentucky.

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
Pulled into the neighborhood Friday and there was a movie set at the house a couple doors down. Found out that it was for the movie "Bigger" which I immediately assumed was a sequel to the Tom Hanks movie, but its actually a flick about the dudes (Weider brothers) who discovered Schwarzenegger and the grandfathered the whole bodybuilding industry.

It sounds like a terrible movie, but Julianne Hough is in it and she is pretty so its whatever. Interested to know what kind of coin one can scoop for letting Hollywood have their house for a couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT