ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered a new pooper scooper. Old one finally crapped out (lol). Have to say, the Amazon reviews for pooper scoopers are highly entertaining.

It'd be one thing if Mark was just a goofy over-the-top fan. That guy is supposed to be media.

Was in Nashville this weekend for a work function. Tons and tons of Kentucky fans everywhere at the bars. Very few UT fans. Very weird and very enjoyable.

Great grinding win in the classic grinding Stoops fashion. Snell is a beast.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
-Really appreciate KSR putting up post game call-in shows on the podcast feed. Nice way to finish off a Sunday night after a big win, mute the NFL and listen to the post game euphoria.

-Danny Clark is a damn maniac on the sideline...big kid, too. Looks more like a TE than QB. If he tosses the rock as well as he cheerleads he might see clock next year.

-Going to be a big coaching carousel at the end of the year. Sounds crazy but if Stoops wins 8 or 9 do we start getting worried? I mean, it hasn't been the most aesthetically pleasing brand of FB but 9 wins at UK hasn't been done in my lifetime and I'm almost a man.

Going to be a big coaching carousel at the end of the year. Sounds crazy but if Stoops wins 8 or 9 do we start getting worried?

It’s not at all crazy. When coaches have some modicum of success at a job like Kentucky they generally know when to look to move on before the potential downturn. I fully expect to hear Stoops name in a lot of coaching rumors and think it’s very possible he bounces for the right situation.

Admittedly this is nuts but I wouldn't rule out Stoops considering a slight step down, if that, in order to make a bigger jump up. And that probable opening is UCF.

Not that he wouldn't leave, but I don't see the interest from a job that could actually pull him a way. He's in a middle ground at least for another year or two of winning 8+ games. Let's not forget we are totally capable of shitting the bed and losing all 4 of our last games

Florida and Tennessee will shoot higher

Kansas State, Texas Tech, Arizona State aren't big enough steps up

Admittedly this is nuts but I wouldn't rule out Stoops considering a slight step down, if that, in order to make a bigger jump up. And that probable opening is UCF.

Might wait until the dust settles in the OVC or Missouri Valley too. Good lord, what a hilariously bad take.

If you're a sports ball of any kind you might wanna flip over to the WS. Another potential all-timer could be in the works.

Considering Stoops recruiting ground it seems it would take a Big 10 school to pull him away.

Just get Jarren Williams signed and enrolled and he can bounce. I'll gladly thank him for what he did for us and hope like hell we hire someone competent.

Just a guess, but I think Charlie gets a decent look from UF. Les Miles at UT.

As I said it was nuts. But.......Frost is going to get the Florida or Nebraska job. It is a fertile recruiting area and the chances to put up a 10-2, 11-1 or better record is much better than at UK. An 8-4 or 9-3 record at UK is just as impressive but the chances of doing that on a yearly basis is not good.

I guess I'm looking at it this way - if Scott Frost were going 8-4 at Indiana would he be mentioned for a job at a blue blood? Highly unlikely.

So I've been on information overload between personal diabetes research and discussing with a few JDRF Foundation advocates(which I am also an advocate now too). A lot of you guys are having kids or have kids in school, and not trying to scare you but we have been told of the kids that get Type 1 diabetes roughly 60% have had Mono/Epstein Barr within the year.

Our son had it last September and it's taken, we assume after discussions, a full year for his bodies anti-bodies to go against his pancreas enough for it to be operating at 20% functionality. He got from another kid and we also learned a kid in his class now just got back to school this past week with the same diagnoses, but we don't know if it was the same kid he caught mono from. Apparently something about that virus turns against beta cells which apparently is what the pancreas is.

With that data there is a lot of research being done to try to counter that.

I am an old school anti doctor/hospital minded idiot, but after this past week and seeing what actually goes into medical research and how the data is studied and dissected that is changing.

Sorry for such a long post just wanted to share.

Here is another example for you:

Dan Mullen is universally thought of as one of the best coaches in the country that doesn't have one of the big jobs. Let's say 2 years ago he saw the limits of what he could accomplish at MSU and decided to go to UCF. He'd currently be the top choice at multiple blue bloods. As it is, he will be in the running but he isn't the top choice at the likely openings.
8-4 at schools like UK might get you the Iowa or Minnesota job.

It's just crazy scenarios dumbasses. 11 wins at Bowling Green might get you on more schools lists than 8 wins at Kentucky.

You realize it's hard to win 11 games at Bowling Green, right?
Of course. Just as hard to get 8-9 wins at UK. But the optics of 11 just looks better in a coach search for some reason. BG isn't one of those huge leap jobs though. Gets a Utah like level job.

The AAC is the conference for major leaps. They are the closest to the Power 5. Herman, Fuente and Taggart recently. Frost will get one of the big jobs this year and Norvell from Memphis is on a lot of radars. Morris from SMU is another.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT