ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a weird team. They could legitimately be 9-3 with a negative point differential. Could also end up 6-6. Other than the Georgia game, everything is up in the air.

Tell you what though... It's a hell of a lot better than being a 5-4 shit sandwich with a coach you compromised your self-respect to hire and no other sports to look forward to.

This Jim McElwain/UF saga is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. That dude looks like he just wants to get out there, buyout be damned. It's almost as if he just wants to give up the profession and disappear back to the Dakotas or something.

He was a Duggar in a former life, right? Could explain some of it.
Yeah he was basically like, “Well we tried and it didn’t work out.” I mean, snag 10 million and then head off to the mountains to relax forever sounds alright to me actually.

Honestly, he probably didn’t realize the amount of scrutiny a program like that brings down upon a coach.

-Bourbon cherries sound awful but I also don’t really like cherries.

-Yoga at 10, working out back now, only glass of bourbon last night as a night cap.

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
Kentucky being 6-2 and looking like a 9 win team is an upset. Anth sipping a coconut water and waking up feeling like a million F'ing dollars is not. Learn Vita Coco, folks.

Vitacoco is for losers. Probably out on along run or any time of movement far from the couch. Likely just keep laying around until my 2 year old gets home then try to convince him to do the same, which won't work.

Have fun in Chicago, running in the freezing temps while all your besties crushed a UK win over UT? We crushed crushed.

Last edited:
Sometimes quarterbacks win because they just freaking make plays, and you really can't explain their talent. It's like how Craig Krenzel somehow won a championship at OSU. That's Stephen Johnson for you.

Thanks shems! Beating UT is fun...the drive home will not be. Willy won the night.

Weird crowd, everyone there was ready to get beat. Then coming out of the stadium it was like we thought they were going to call everyone back in and put time on the clock.

I'll miss Butch.
I think everyone was in shock that we won and that UT managed to out-Kentucky us. Like seeing a unicorn.

- Strokin realizing my take on Eli Brown vs Jordan Jones last week was dead on is pretty wild.

Sometimes quarterbacks win because they just freaking make plays, and you really can't explain their talent. It's like how Craig Krenzel somehow won a championship at OSU. That's Stephen Johnson for you.

Sat next to a SC fan in Columbia this year. He was about my age and was there with his HS age daughter, but he was still obnoxious and annoying. Asked me on the first possession if our QB was any good. I said "he does not put up great numbers and he won't dazzle you, but somehow, he just knows how to win games."

Then SJ comes rumbling right at us with that 53(?) yard gain in 4Q that sealed the game, and I turned to the guy and said "that is exactly what I'm talking about."

Moments later, he shrunk away in silence without saying goodbye.

I like to think that at that point, he understood.

The whole McElwain thing is indeed perplexing. So they're trying to create a for-cause firing because they cannot substantiate the death threats?

Usually the coach gets the benefit of the doubt. It's like they're treating him as a hostile witness.

I mean, he won the East in his first two years. Nobody in the nation, let alone the SEC, is stopping Saban until he slows down a bit.

Yes, he's had a terrible year but several injuries and suspensions. Will Grier went into yesterday leading the nation in TD passes. If McElwain had Grier and Jordan Scarlett this year, it's a completely different story. Strange that UF has turned on him so quickly.

He's an odd mothersharklover. He sounded completely defeated in his post-game conference - but yet, OK with it.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
How in the world could that for cause termination possibly hold up? Can they really prove that nobody has ever threatened him, or his family, even verbally?

What a weird situation.

Only thing I can think of is violating some sort of integrity clause in his contract, and even that would be a ridiculous stretch.

Of course, it's all BS posturing for a smaller buyout, but it makes UF look bad, IMO. There has to be some behind-the-scenes stuff that hasn't come to light yet. Bizarre situation.

Compare and contrast that to what Rick Pitino got away with for years.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
i

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT