ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
GET THIS. WE ALL WENT CAMEL RACING. DANNY MANNING IS TELLING ME IM CRAZY. IM LIKE... WE HAVE TO DO THIS. WE HAD A BALLLL!!!.

HAMI IS TELLING ME HE CAN BEAT ME IN THE RACE. HERE'S A KID WHO'S GOING TO BE A MULTI MILLIONAIRE CHASING HIS LIFELONG DREAM IN 11 MONTHS BUT HE'S CHASING ME IN THE DESERT ON A CAMEL IN THE MIDDLE OF EGYPT. WHAT?! AGAIN, ITS ABOUT AFFORDING THESE KIDS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SEE AND DO DIFFERENT THINGS THROUGH THEIR OWN GENUIS THAT IS BASKETBALL.

-took the daughter to WW last night. Solid movie.

-$20 for tix/$15 for LG popcorn and LG diet coke. $5 at the arcade. Ridiculous.

/willy

There are just 2 of you. Multiply that by 2 and you are looking at $80 to see a movie. Yes, ridiculous.

I don't really give no fux, tho... I'm taking the girls to see Despicable M3 tomorrow.

* Just me & the kids for the next few days. Marge had clothes laid out for Summer Camp & swimming class, etc.

One thing she didn't take in to consideration... I don't know how to brush girls' hair. Holy shit.

The 7 year old looked fine. Long, straight blonde hair.

I texted my wife about how to fix the 5-yr old's hair. Because just brushing it wasn't working.

"Just put it up."

I don't know how. She ended up looking like a cross between Albert Einstein, The Key Master from Ghostbusters and a bird's nest that has been partially destroyed in a tornado.

And I made her cry by unintentionally pulling her hair with those little rubber band things that held a misplaced ponytail for a few minutes.

All is well, I told her she looked like a rock star and I would take her out for ice cream tonight.

Didn't intend on breaking it. Here ya go.

-I don't have a PI looking for ya Mash but BBdk does.

-Yes, it's been an absolutely brutal 6 months.

-Guess ABH is done with us. Haven't heard from him in weeks.

-Best news is TdF started today. Worse news, Chris Froome and Sky are basically locks to win again so it'll be boring.

-Chipotle chicken salad, no dressing, veggies, salsa, hot sauce, cheese. WAF.

-People I stayed with when we visited Liverpool randomly reached out to us after 10 years not talking to them. Would love to see them again, the dad who I originally befriended is starting to get up there, really need to make a priority to at least see them 1 more time.

-Sounds like Hami is not overrated and in fact pretty damn good.

-Always blow off the, "damn that makes me feel old" facts, but Country Grammar being 17 yeas old hit the spot. How is that even possible? Album instantly takes me back to college.

-Being young and dumb enough to discuss and laugh at each others shenanigans, etc used to be the best part of this place.

Didn't intend on breaking it. Here ya go.

-Being young and dumb enough to discuss and laugh at each others shenanigans, etc used to be the best part of this place.

Face it, Anth, GYERO has grown up. Kings have been born, bachelors getting married, world travelers abound, marathon runners doing their thing, pergolas and fish ponds need tending, the days of driving 80 through Hamburg in your Porsche are long gone. The chicken magnate is living on a golf course, I guess Rob is busy building small houses, and lord knows what happened to TmfH.

Sure, 03' & 05'(?) are busy hitting dingers, and PTI is still banging sloots between races but ole GYERO is starting to show some salt and pepper in the hairline.

It happens. I've been around since the old UBB board. I even started a random thread back in the day. That said, I've had the pleasure as sort of the elder statesman around here, 43 years young, to watch the maturation of you all. It's been intertaining to say the least.

That said, football season can't get here fast enough so we can get this place back on track.

Edit: how could I have forgotten how we taught Wilbanks to shave, while arguing with his grandma, Will go from slinging baseball cards to whatever it is he's doing now, and maybe the most impressive turn around.....our boy Tommy growing up to be a political operative as opposed to banging co-eds for a better grade.

GAT DAYUM IM PROUD OF GYERO!!!!!

Last edited:
Pretty cool to see Wall attending Bledsoes wedding La Familia and all. Bledsoe still the best example of cals young men reaching their dreams deal with his back story.

Watching sugar Shane Mosley jr. box makes me feel old. Also Reminds me I need to get back to aus soon.

I've had minimal human interaction today and it's been great.

Solid week in SF. Saw Alcatraz, Angel Island. Sausalito, Napa, bunch of other stuff.walked about 8 miles a day, had good food and beer and wine. So I'm pretty much an expert.

-kayak excursion on the red river with the family today. Miguel's for dinner. RRG really is an amazing area...heading up there a few days a month keeps me in a good state of mind. Happy place.

-glad to see the reds take a series from the cubs...hopefully they complete the sweep mañana.
Kayaking is picking up quite a bit here as well on the Cumberland river. I've never been despite living here on the river my entire life.

I get floating down the river being a getaway type of thing but do you bring a cooler? Weed? I can't imagine just floating down a river can be that exciting sober

Reactions: bluebornwildcat
I mean, kayaking is fun, much less of an investment and no dock fees.

Could always tow a float with a cooler, or just camelback it I guess.

Reactions: rudd1
I'd like to kayak in Floyds Fork since the Parklands is 1 mile from my house.

I just don't understand the logistics of getting back to my car.
Better yet, drive a car with a the canoe and drop it off, then drive the car down to the pickup point with a bike and bike back to the starting point.

I'd like to kayak in Floyds Fork since the Parklands is 1 mile from my house.

I just don't understand the logistics of getting back to my car.
Better yet, drive a car with a the canoe and drop it off, then drive the car down to the pickup point with a bike and bike back to the starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT