ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the kayak rental at Floyd's Fork will pick you up at the takeout point.

Elkhorn Creek is also pretty solid for a kayak float or lazy river tube. KY Canoe has a solid service there.

Licking River in Morehead is also decent. The Ole Cornfield is the outfit there.

Roxanne Rae is a solid look on the tubes.

Reactions: rudd1
Been in Tucson for a little over a month now
Justin time to witness one of their top 3 hottest summers ever

I think we've seen 119 degrees.....i know we consistently were around 110 degrees for a week during the hottest part of the day....cools down to the low 90's at night

Haven't seen the "monsoons" yet but understand that they tend to cool things down a bit

There are small dust storms here that look like small tornadoes --
Gila Monsters, Africanized Killer Bees, Scorpions and **JUMPING CACTUS**

The freaking jumping cactus are the ugliest plants I've ever seen -- they look like dirty dishrags draped over sticks......so .....it makes perfect sense that they would also shoot needless at you if you get too close.....

I fully expect to learn about flying pitbulls next week

Speaking of flying....I'm already in defensive driving school......
which I don't mind -- I NEEDED to work on my defense a bit as it was...

......I'd never heard of "Criminal Speeding" and possibly being taken to jail JUST for speeding (20 damn MPH over !!).....i honestly thought he was joking because I was new

Officer Santos assured me it was "a thing"

^^^

I was driving one night near the Catalina foothills in Tucson after a monsoon and noticed what looked like a really large puddle or something in the middle of the road. I stopped right before I got to it and then flashed my high beams to try and figure out what it was. When I flashed my high beams I realized it was hundreds of tarantulas gathered on what was now cooled off pavement and they scattered from the light. Will never forget that image.

Mt. Lemmon is pretty dope. Good way to cool off. Get to see lots of saguaros and nice houses on the way up...beautiful highway. The day we went up there it was 120 in the city, but about 40 degrees cooler up on the mountain.

Nachand Canoe & Kayak by Cunningham's, Bucket. Went a few weeks ago and it's solid. $60 for a 4 hour tandem kayak rental. Takes you from Captain's Quarters to the waterfall at the Parklands. More than enough time for your shoulders and delts lock up for a few days, if you're not used it.

Phoenix / Scottsdale / Tuscon with the old man in a mid-July. He was stationed there in Nam and loves that area... has talked about it for as long as I can recall so going to see what all the fuss is about. Checking out his old barracks and the air force boneyard. Dugout box seats for a Nats v D'backs game. Maybe some peyote in the desert and see if we can find those Doors Jimmy Morrison was talking about...we'll see.

After a few basic runs with the Weber Smokey Mtn, I get all the fuss you BGE'ers have had over the years. The perfect distraction to pass the time outside as you crack cold one after cold one. Done a pork tenderloin, few helpings of wings and beer can chicken. Thinking a pork shoulder is next and would be a good all-day challenge.

Reactions: WynnDuffy and rudd1
On vacation with the lass, Lil lass and all of the in laws on the Gulf near Panama. There's like 30 something of us in this condo complex. Wouldn't be my natural choice for a destination but her grandfather loves it here. I will say the beaches on the Gulf are beautiful. Haven't been here since 97 so I forgot about the white sand and aqua water.

Man, it's scorching hot here. Stifling humidity. Just ran 4 miles and really struggled towards the end. Must have had 20 Yeungling Lights ystdy/last night and I plan on matching that today.

-Had to put the cat down on Friday evening. Cancerous obstruction of the bowels. My wife got this cat after her divorce so it predates me. My youngest (9) adores the cat and has slept with it every night for a few years now. Just brutal. I'm not a cat person but she was a really good cat. It was just tough to see the kids bawl their eyes out. They at least got to go in before the surgery (to make sure it wasn't a foreign object blocking) and pet her and say goodbye.

-It was also our wedding anniversary so that was fun. The youngest has slept in our bed for the last couple nights. Luckily she stayed with my parents last night.

-Literally hate just about everyone in my office right now.

-Bonzo, get a Sams pork shoulder. It has the bone in it so it holds together nicer. I used to fuss over the rub. Now my process is to just coat it in store bought rub and toss in the smoker. It is pork shoulder. Basic.

I legitimately would choose my dog or cats life over most of my friends and family sans about 4 people.

Cousin? RIP cuz.

A friend or my dog? Sorry dude, love live Buddy.

Aunts/uncle's? I'd feel bad, still going with the dog.

Not much worse than losing an animal.

Looks like Jarren Williams is one of the top 5 QBs in the country after his performance at the opening. Xavier Peters will commit to us soon. Also looking like UK has a legit chance at Blue Smith. Bunch of kids from all over Florida visiting in the next couple weeks. Good time to follow UK football...

-adopted a beagle from the humane society a while back. 2yo great family dog. Not a fan of being at animal shelters. Makes me sad...rednecks/ghetto types that breed pit bulls need to be euthanized. 90% of the dogs in the shelter are pit bulls or some sort of pit bull mix.

Reactions: Mashburned
Got a couple of hearty cortisone shots this AM. (One under each kneecap - from the side.) now I feel like a bad guy in a Marvel movie who just touched an orb that gave unlimited power. Lemme know about that next ultra, PTI.

Also, it took 2 weeks to get a double MRI, as compared to 191 day wait if we lived in my in-laws Ontario city - and they probably wouldn't have OK'd in the first place (Pain level 3).

Take that Canada!

U!-S!-A!, U!-S!-A!, U!-S!-A!

Reactions: WayneDougan
My doggy and I have had 2 pit bull encounters - both were off leash and both sexually assaulted my baby. Owners basically said "lol just let it happen".

Idk why people get them. The little Mexican family down the street got a pit bull pup for their 2543 children. They couldn't care for it, it nipped one in the face and they had to get rid of it. Sad.

I know it's not the dog's fault, it's these stupid humans.

Reactions: CastleRubric
Guess all that dunking (false) back in the day took its toll. [eyeroll]

-Life is too precious to waste months breaking in Rainbows. I don't make a habit of doing things that make me uncomfortable, especially if I have to pay premium $ for it -- so that experiment ranks as one of the worst in memory. Rotate Olukai & Sanuk currently off the GYERO rec, and they're both great.

People who don't wear sandals in casual summer situations are losers. :100points:

Reactions: rudd1
Pit Bulls (rapper included) can all get pumped and die. Don't give two shits about them. They're dangerous, regardless of owner. Maybe they're less dangerous with a good owner, but it doesn't mean they can't snap and murder another dog or child.

People only buy them to look tough by association. It's embarrassing, tbh. I'm actually okay with putting all owners down with all Pit Bulls when the time comes.

I don't have time for arguments otherwise. If you want to get mad about it, here's my response-----Get pumped and eat shit, loser, along with your ugly ass dog.

^^^

I was driving one night near the Catalina foothills in Tucson after a monsoon and noticed what looked like a really large puddle or something in the middle of the road. I stopped right before I got to it and then flashed my high beams to try and figure out what it was. When I flashed my high beams I realized it was hundreds of tarantulas gathered on what was now cooled off pavement and they scattered from the light. Will never forget that image.

ARRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!

STOP THAT SHIT!!!!! STOP IT NOW!!!!

I'd rather PISS ON A FREAKIN SPARKPLUG than see one of those 8 legged abominations!!

F'ing eh.......looks like I picked the wrong week to stop see medicating.......

HOWEVAH

when their Arizona Wildcats meet the real Wildcats in the NCAA this year....
and we patiently drop their proverbial drawers and spank that rosy red ass like an errant child....
I won't be thinking of spiders

they're SOOOOOOO hyped up about their team out there
(can't BLAME them of course)

and I REALLY want us to tangle with them somewhere around the Final Four

I could do SUCH creative things out here if UK beats Zona for a FF or title this year.....I mean......I could be in rare FORM.....

I legitimately would choose my dog or cats life over most of my friends and family sans about 4 people.

Cousin? RIP cuz.

A friend or my dog? Sorry dude, love live Buddy.

Aunts/uncle's? I'd feel bad, still going with the dog.

Not much worse than losing an animal.

Looks like Jarren Williams is one of the top 5 QBs in the country after his performance at the opening. Xavier Peters will commit to us soon. Also looking like UK has a legit chance at Blue Smith. Bunch of kids from all over Florida visiting in the next couple weeks. Good time to follow UK football...

I used to have a large cat that looked like a freakin wildcat....he was about 20 pounds of all muscle, had tufts on his ears, and I trained him to attack my girlfriend......that was the best pet I ever owned

I was stationed in Germany when I found him -- so he was a GERMAN cat and had the surly attitude to go with it.....

RIP "Major Thomas Dinsdale"....aka "Major Tom".....aka "Bubba"......aka "Herr Gefahrlich"

having said all that---- the cross eyed, snuggle toothed, spoiled little Shit-SOO that lives in my house right now .... is on borrowed time.......my lovely bride picked him out and the little shit hates me

I'm running out of patience with his little cross eyed antics

Pit Bulls (rapper included) can all get pumped and die. Don't give two shits about them. They're dangerous, regardless of owner. Maybe they're less dangerous with a good owner, but it doesn't mean they can't snap and murder another dog or child.

People only buy them to look tough by association. It's embarrassing, tbh. I'm actually okay with putting all owners down with all Pit Bulls when the time comes.

I don't have time for arguments otherwise. If you want to get mad about it, here's my response-----Get pumped and eat shit, loser, along with your ugly ass dog.

My aforementioned intelligent, strong willed German Mancoon Gestapo-Cat.....WAS MURDERED by a pit bull when I lived in McDonough

and I had to listen to it happen under the house....couldn't get to him

Pit bulls are an aberration
I support selective, semi-humane (Zyklon-B gas?) extermination of their kind

I miss you major Tom

My doggy and I have had 2 pit bull encounters - both were off leash and both sexually assaulted my baby. Owners basically said "lol just let it happen".

Idk why people get them. The little Mexican family down the street got a pit bull pup for their 2543 children. They couldn't care for it, it nipped one in the face and they had to get rid of it. Sad.

I know it's not the dog's fault, it's these stupid humans.

[roll]holy shitski.....that's the closest thing to a post from "HORT" that I've read in years.....

((hopefully you meant to be funny when you posted that...))

I've got friends who are bleeding hearts, completely responsible, DINK professionals who rescue pit bulls, errrr... "Pibbles."

The dogs are fine and I'm comfortable with these guys having them because they are doing a service, understand the risks, and don't have the dogs around kids.

But that said, I absolutely agree with your point.

If a person wants a pit bull then they probably aren't fit to have any dog.

Reactions: _Chase_
-my feet are fred flintstone flat...rainbows are more comfortable out of the box for me than the others. I like the fact that they are snug. Cost wise they are less than olukai...dont know about sanuk. I like teva for boat stuff(proper sandles not flip flops)...have thought about Chaco but they are expensive and I have weird feet.

-i've had luck with North face hiking shoes and trail runners...and new balance is great for me. The other big brands are far too narrow/high arched...take months to break in(down).

-last golf shoes a had were ecco...fantastic but the first few rounds(walked) were brutal until I got them broken in.

-shoe talk!

Last edited:
I've got friends who are bleeding hearts, completely responsible, DINK professionals who rescue pit bulls, errrr... "Pibbles."

The dogs are fine and I'm comfortable with these guys having them because they are doing a service, understand the risks, and don't have the dogs around kids.

But that said, I absolutely agree with your point.

If a person wants a pit bull then they probably aren't fit to have any dog.

"Pebbles."

What. The. *#^%!>?
no no no....

wait --- do those friends also run a highly profitable and 'in demand' catering service featuring their own special Chili?

The other dog (both rescues) is the only animal I've ever seen that has both an overbite AND and an underbite

My vet friends in GA pulled a few teeth on here before we moved too.....helped the DEATH-BREATH

But now the over/underbite is more enhanced with some gaps ....

plus she's very "VOCAL" -- to the point that she'll get in a kind of locked rhythm and just bay over and over and over and howl.....because you're calling the OTHER dog from one room to another

I'm drinking more lately -- but I'm still charming and whatnot
So I guess this is working out

iu

This guy is a garbage actor and person. Fitting his image popped up.

Is doggy rape funny to you Rubic?? Jk. But the way this last pitbull licked my doggy's lady parts like it was a snausage was very awkward and intimidating. Poor girl got a little antsy and just sat down. The stupid owner was yelling at me to "come over here so I can leash her". I didn't really care, but I got the sense the dog could have snapped if one of us objected strongly to the rape. He was not neutered and he was feisty. I was just trying to play it cool.

My aforementioned intelligent, strong willed German Mancoon Gestapo-Cat.....WAS MURDERED by a pit bull when I lived in McDonough

and I had to listen to it happen under the house....couldn't get to him

Pit bulls are an aberration
I support selective, semi-humane (Zyklon-B gas?) extermination of their kind

I miss you major Tom

Aw man, I'm sorry. That's awful.

Reactions: CastleRubric
More likely heridtary arthiris that attacks injured cartilage from flat moving in the:

200, 400, 800, 1600; Steeplechase
4x100, 4x200, 4x400, 4x800, 4x1600;
High, Long, Triple;

- Fastest 4x200 team with a white guy on it at state, lost to Tyson Gay. School record. Sticking the baton down your sweaty ass crack, to handing it to another kid to drop immediately and be forced to run a mile for dropping the stick: "*Ting-Ding-Ting* - THAT'S A MILE!"

Best pure sport experience (besides boxing). 4x400's are always electric and the 800 is the man's race.

And I'd still smoke you at any/all of the above without 2/4 layers of cartilage in the left; bone-on-bone, chipped kneecap, shredded ligaments in the right; while coasting at a cool 30% body fat. And dunk a girl's ball on you, at least.

Reactions: WayneDougan
iu

This guy is a garbage actor and person. Fitting his image popped up.

Is doggy rape funny to you Rubic?? Jk. But the way this last pitbull licked my doggy's lady parts like it was a snausage was very awkward and intimidating. Poor girl got a little antsy and just sat down. ......l.

Holy crap that post took me through at least 3 different stages of emotional confusion

1) Is that "Shayne" from the Walking Dead?

2) I don't know if that doggy oral story is the funniest thing I've read in the last 4 months ... or the most disturbing........I want to stop thinking about it though.....

3)

Reactions: Mashburned
-Fan of cutting that trip in half on the way home. Leave early, stop in Asheville for afternoon/evening. grab breakfast at early girl...home at a reasonable hour.

Have a nephew that left UL and was accepted at Asheville as a young doctor

I don't fully understand their world and how they go through so many professional stages but he's post med-school and had to interview with about 10-12 places and then was accepted in Asheville

So I think that means he's interning?
That's like a step below a "resident"?

anywho -- that was probably pointless data **BUT**

I used to really like Asheville - haven't been in years
Is it still a nice place to go or has it sprawled / become a headache?

Reactions: railroadkat_1

-Literally hate just about everyone in my office right now.

by the end of last Jan I was at a point where I was coming home and going to bed in my clothes about 5pm and just not wanting to see the light of day anymore

won't go into the work details on what was 'wrong' but I had to make a decision to resign "effective immediately" without the promise of a job

decision was a year in the making but happened fast on Jan 26th when I finally became More scared of staying than I was of leaving

I drafted a 3-part strategy in pen/ink the next day and worked my plan - posted a couple of modest 'lessons learned" on linked-in and ended up in a MUCH better place all around

IF you're starting to get to that point where you feel like you'd rather jump off this ride as opposed to taking any more laps.......don't let fear hold you back ....some people will sit in a bad situation longer than they should because of concerns over what will happen when they leave

Co-workers will sometimes hoist THEIR fears on you as well and ask questions like BUT WHAT IF YOU ARENT ABLE TO FIND A JOB AND BLAH BLAH EAT FROM THE TRASH BLAH BLAH ORGAN DONOR!!!!!

Don't listen to them

My point in all that is that you have a limit and hopefully know where it is

that and......and I'm here for you if you need mental counseling

- Settled in Nashville. Except for our shit which was picked up on June 23rd and won't arrive until the 10th. Unreal cluster of f**** by this company.

-Nice little 4 mile jog through the neighborhood and downtown this morning. Forgot how th humidity really hits at like 10 AM. Shew.

- One day on the lake, finally got the pup to swim a little. Loves to splash on shore but has always been terrified of swimming.

- In a wedding in Charleston this weekend. Best friend from high school. Can't wait.

- Real world/job starts the 17th. Eek.

- After 14 years with my Explorer, which parents got for me after JR year of high school, finally traded in over the weekend. Surreal hoping in a newish ride. Still adjusting.

And I'd still smoke you at any/all of the above.

False.

In Carolina Beach, with my Sanuk's on, and recommend many extra shirts if the humidity remains as it is. For the Charleston folks of course.

hit up the jankeyest strip club this side of Atlanta in Asheville this weekend. big thumbs up 10/10 would get airborne herpes again

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT