ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The screaming toddlers and clueless tourists were enough for me to cross The Crazy Crab off my list in favor of more time under the tree with Greg Russell. Maybe grab an ice cream cone and relax with the happy, carefree toddlers and their relaxed touristy parents as we all sing-a-long about booger sugar, and whatnot.

• Frasty Frags can definitely put one over the edge.
Got so hammered in there last time ordered their Frog Legs to eat. Turns out teenagers aren't very good at preparing frog legs.

Big Bamboo happy hour ftw tho.

Last edited:
It's been so long since I've been there, I can't remember the name. But there is a place near Big Bamboo that is a bar and serves pizza by the slice. I know it's up some stairs, and in the area where you order your slice the walls are plastered with pictures of people. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the place, but I went a thousand times that summer.

Our routine was basically work at golf course, or play golf if not working, take all of your your tip money and head out for a decent little dinner, travel around to various bars getting blitzed (spend all money), rinse repeat 7 days a week. Pretty sure my body almost shut down by the end of that summer.

Last edited:
Very jealous I didn't do a summer gig somewhere like you, SAE, etc

Granted, Lexington summers were UNREAL, but I could/should have switched it up one summer. Nobody in my crew did that, so it never really entered my mind as an option :(

Ursch did do the US Open gig, which I was a
insanely jealous of. But that was right before we became besties.

All Charleston for Dad these days, but I do miss HHI. Love it down there.

Poe's Tavern on Sullivan's is basically my new late night go-to on vacation. Enjoy sneaking up there for some extry collides a couple times during the week. Just dope. IS IT JUNE 26 YET? LMAO.
Go to move:

"No, I know you all are tired after a day at the beach and the kids are comfortable watching TV- you all hang out, I'll go pick up the carry out for dinner."

(2-3 beers at the bar later, pick up bags of food that have been sitting there)

"I'm home! Who's hungry?"

- doing the Charleston AND HHI double this year #blessed

-SC>>> FL

-not paying $30 to drink craft beers inside in May. We'll be bopping around town as planned.

-that wreck on 64 today was really awful. Like I couldn't even tell what one vehicle was, which way it was facing, what color it was. I got there I assume not long after. White clothe covering what I assume was the window.

-pitch prefect Friday night. I assume all the people around me will be thinking I'm gay.

-frasty frags!!!!

I'll give credit where due...Destin was flat bonkers for Kirk's bachelor party.

Emerald Grande, and that location with all the bars/restaurants on the Boardwalk directly below is just perfect for that sort of weekend. Crab island is like something out of a movie, surreal really.

It's similar to the infield at Derby in that it's probably the most fun I'd never do again. Just insane. Maybe if I get divorced again I'll give it another go.

Probably be a fun group trip, but for a married couple, definitely not the scene. Perfect for Boat tho, I can see why he worships...better not take Julia there bub.

I'll give credit where due...Destin was flat bonkers for Kirk's bachelor party.

Emerald Grande, and that location with all the bars/restaurants on the Boardwalk directly below is just perfect for that sort of weekend. Crab island is like something out of a movie, surreal really.

It's similar to the infield at Derby in that it's probably the most fun I'd never do again. Just insane. Maybe if I get divorced again I'll give it another go.

Probably be a fun group trip, but for a married couple, definitely not the scene. Perfect for Boat tho, I can see why he worships...better not take Julia there bub.

I think comparing the madness on CI to the derby infield is pretty fair. Imagine if they let you bring your own booze inside the infield and it was set in waist deep sparkling Emerald water, and boats. Lots of boats.

She's been once, it was actually kind of our first date. She tried to keep up with the crew, but pretty much epic failed. Kind of hilarious really.

Last edited:
It's been so long since I've been there, I can't remember the name. But there is a place near Big Bamboo that is a bar and serves pizza by the slice. I know it's up some stairs, and in the area where you order your slice the walls are plastered with pictures of people. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the place, but I went a thousand times that summer.

Our routine was basically work at golf course, or play golf if not working, take all of your your tip money and head out for a decent little dinner, travel around to various bars getting blitzed (spend all money), rinse repeat 7 days a week. Pretty sure my body almost shut down by the end of that summer.

What kinds of books did you and your crew read?

Ursch can relate, he failed miserably too. Pretty sure he got his book on after Day 1, stayed back by himself for the rest of the trip after the epic first day.

That blew my mind. I was so disappointed in him. Had some really awesome stuff lined up. Couldn't even comprehend how awful that was. Must have been one hell of a book.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Seaside, FL ftw. Like to be able to see my feet in the water. Dope little town, beautiful architecture, ice cream shoppes. The works. Enjoy that choppy brown Atlantic, tho

Reactions: UK_Memphis
Enough of the petty bickering, arguing, name calling and any behavior of this such. If this continues, you will be banned, and I'm not talking a day or two. If you have issues, email each other, meet each other or whatever. Just leave this petty stuff off the boards.

Is this for real?

Is this for real?
There'd be no one left. Hell, there'd be no one left anywhere on the internet...what other purpose does it serve than to let us argue with strangers over nothing? (Other than googling the things you've forgot, probably to be used to support an argument.)

A few folks have taken issue with each other on the board and it's spilled over. That's all. Since it was posted in that thread, it is directed to those in that thread. So worry not. Drinks all around.

My guess is the little 16 year old "guru" that started the thread got upset after getting chewed up pretty good by some of the Paddock regulars. He probably cried to a mod and then Jerry showed up.

All I know is his sig f*cking sucks. How do you turn those things off on this new format?

Also he has a point, the super secret email fight typically solve more.

Also Also, his avatar pic makes his head look massive. Should have worn a white tie with that baby blue shirt if he wanted those eyes to pop.

All I know is his sig f*cking sucks. How do you turn those things off on this new format?

Also he has a point, the super secret email fight typically solve more.

Also Also, his avatar pic makes his head look massive. Should have worn a white tie with that baby blue shirt if he wanted those eyes to pop.

623378_kanamit_xlarge.jpeg

David Alan Grier playing Comedy off Broadway May 28-31. May have to check that out.

Freaking Boat. Yeah, don't want to miss the 6th or 7th best "In Living Color" cast member 25 years later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT