ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lass and I are headed to Hilton Head for a week here soon. Haven't been in 11 years. Going to head into Savannah for an aftn/early evening and then also spend 1 night in Charleston with a friend.

HHI restaurant/bar recs?

There's a pool at the condo we are renting. Love the beach but I have a terrible time staying still in the sand. Will try to read but I'll get antsy & want to move around. Prefer being poolside overlooking the beach than frying in the sand.

Really looking forward to it. The lass has earned a relaxing getaway.

On the beach I like to sit in my chair, have a cooler of frosties within reach, and stare aimlessly into the ocean waiting for girls in bikinis to stroll by. *Might* even doze off for 10-15 minutes here and there.

...while my wife reads her book.

With that type of scenery I just don't care to be face down in a damn book. I get that it's relaxing, but man, some things are left well enough alone, IMO.

Still amazes me after 12-13 years of GYERO that something as simple as "I like to read outside in the summer" can turn into a 3-page controversy that draws cussing and ends friendships.

Reactions: Geese Feeder
* Too much football/basketball on TV to read a whole lot from September through March. I've read more in the last month than I did the prior 7 months.

* Thought it was pretty much common knowledge that we didn't shoot enough threes in the Wisconsin game. They ranked 301st in 3PFG% defense. We shot 5. We hit 3. They were packing it in. Probably (definitely) should have tried a few more.

* "While North Carolina enters next season as one of the prohibitive favorites to cut down the nets at season's end, a cloud remains over the program that has significantly hindered Roy Williams' ability to land elite recruits."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...ruits-hindered-ongoing-academic-investigation

-Lord Jesus this new message board blows goats. Hate is a word that isn't even close to explaining how much I dislike it.

-Condolences to my bro SportsGuyInIndy for losing his dog. Hersh was a great pup.

-Have looked at several rental properties so far and still haven't pulled the trigger on one. Looking to buy a couple to get started out with a couple and the build up to maybe 10 one day. Having a hard time picking which slum I want to own in though. I still don't get why people rent? For what these people pay in rent they could more than own the damn house. Makes no sense. Their loss, our gain I guess.

-Lasik has had ups and downs. Happy with it overall, but not the perfect 20/20 out of the box like alot have. I would give it a solid 8 out of 10 so far though.

-Joined the club in Versailles. Going to enjoy the golf but not small children looking at my beer belly while laying by the pool.

-Ecommerce websites maybe more stressful and hands on than an actual brick and mortar business.

-High Hope Steeplechase is this weekend at the Horse park. Always a damn good time. Hit me up if you're coming out to enjoy the pageantry.

-The new message board sucks.

For fans of non-pop country music, Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell announced an October show at the Opera House. Emmylou is great in concert, though gets a political barb in occasionally.

Rodney is awesome, but haven't seen him live.

Nope. Renamed it Moss Hill Golf instead of Woodford County Country Club.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moss-Hill-Golf-Course-LLC/524297661019684

They have sank some money into in the past 12 months. Looking like they are going to try to make another go of it.

Man... have a lot of great childhood memories at WHCC. Used to the place in the early 90's, TS. Junior golf, tennis, birthday parties, reading Boxcar Children by the pool, etc... Place was unreal in the summer months for a kiddo.

Not a bad course layout, either. Hilly as touch.

Still amazes me after 12-13 years of GYERO that something as simple as "I like to read outside in the summer" can turn into a 3-page controversy that draws cussing and ends friendships.

Not sure what you expect. If you make a ridiculous/bold statement like that, GYERO is gonna pounce. :)

What a beautiful thread we have here.

- #1 thing I disagreed with Cal about toward the end of the year. Dude tightened the reigns too much. We had some shooters this year. It wasn't 2010.

- Roy was getting to be a little Tubby-esque with his recruiting well before this scandal blew up. I'm sure it isn't helping, though.

Jamey Johnson coming to Iroquois Amphitheater May 28, fyi. $25. And as mentioned before, Gary Clark Jr. June 18th.

Eli Young Band is there this weekend....they sound familiar, but can't place them. Pop country?

Man... have a lot of great childhood memories at WHCC. Used to the place in the early 90's, TS. Junior golf, tennis, birthday parties, reading Boxcar Children by the pool, etc... Place was unreal in the summer months for a kiddo.

Not a bad course layout, either. Hilly as touch.

We are looking forward to our boys playing with the other kids in the neighborhood at the pool. Going to getting them started with golf lessons when they get older. Also good chance to meet some other Woodford Countians other than the Derby Hills crew we are in now. Not alot to do in Versailles. Playing golf, and drinking beer by a pool sounds alright to me.

Hilton Head is so Wodie.

We always enjoy a nice evening in Harbourtown, Crazy Crab for dinner. Basically anywhere I can get a big Steamed Pot of seafood: Crab, Lobster, Shrimp, Corn, and the works...is good for me.

There's a nice bookstore on the island that I like to hit up upon arrival.

Lots of good local interest/literature tomes to peruse whilst kicking back in the sand.

So, Adrian- what time you getting to Lexington on Saturday?

The Outdoor squash courts are among the best of any coastal beach town.

-I'm not coming to Lexington on Saturday, bub. You picked quite a weird/random day to visit...I'm there 10-12 weekends per year typically as is, that's plenty.

Heading out to meet Baby Kirk, watch the Preakness, raid his Top Shelf Bourbon Bar for an hour or so, and then out to dinner somewhere. Should be home to my book by 9 if all goes as planned.

While we're on page 19, I'd like to take this opportunity to request that nobody start a new GYERO. I think we should see how far this new board lets us go.

Reactions: Beavis606
Iroquois Ampitheatre used to be a vacant disaster of a space that was only useful as a place to go in the morning prior to class starting and smoke cheap weed. Glad they found a use for it now though.

While we're on page 19, I'd like to take this opportunity to request that nobody start a new GYERO. I think we should see how far this new board lets us go.
Pretty much. I wonder how many pages of GYERO there have been total?

We cruised by a year or so ago when i was back in town and it looks completely different (obviously). I lived in that area for the first 15 years of life and never went to an actual *event* there.

Over on the Main Board some have said it can go to infinity and beyond. They've had some get to the 40 and 50 range.

Maybe we should just skip the breweries Saturday Chad. Everybody just post up on Anth's deck with some pulp fiction.

(Chad hops shotgun in the Porsche. Bob in his Big Johnson tank top drops back the roof for the full convertible experience. "Suns out, guns out! Let's cruise!" )

Reactions: Boyd_Givens
(Chad hops shotgun in the Porsche. Bob in his Big Johnson tank top drops back the roof for the full convertible experience. "Suns out, guns out! Let's cruise!" )
giphy.gif

Not sure I've ever been more hammered than after a day of drinking topped off with a couple large Hurricanes at Frosty Frogs.

All Charleston for Dad these days, but I do miss HHI. Love it down there.

Poe's Tavern on Sullivan's is basically my new late night go-to on vacation. Enjoy sneaking up there for some extry collides a couple times during the week. Just dope. IS IT JUNE 26 YET? LMAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT