ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to turn car off last night, take keys out of ignition...and my engine still running. One of the bigger WTF moments of my life. o_O

Call my dad, google a few things, sounds like I have an ignition switch problem. Now I'm sitting in driveway late after messing with everything for an hour, trying to figure out options. Didn't really want to force turn car off in the dark unplugging random shit, because then know knows what will happen if I actually turn if off. Odds are I'm not restarting it without a tow.

My dad suggested putting a potato in the exhaust which "should" make it stall and shut off. Was like WTF you want me to stick a gd potato in my exhaust, I'm *sure* that's good for it.

So I just left it running all night. Still running this morning. [laughing]

Drove it in this morning with the keys not in just for the hell of it. Really strange feeling.

Can't wait to shell out god knows what at the mechanic today.

Letting it idle for several hours was much harder on it than blocking the exhaust would have been.

I'm not putting a gd potato in my exhaust pipe.

It's a 2001 Explorer that has made it through college road trips, tailgates, and New England winters. It can handle 6 hours of idling.

Letting it idle for several hours was much harder on it than blocking the exhaust would have been.

It's a 2001 Explorer that has made it through college road trips, tailgates, and New England winters. It can handle 6 hours of idling.
You obviously know what you're talking about.

Have a weird feeling about tonight. I don't know why, because if you look at the matchups, we should kunt punt them. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: 80 Proof
If you just look at the two teams we should definitely win. But when you bring in extraneous stuff like first road game, Cal's record in first road games, beating them 5 in a row, we beat them in football this year, they had a whore scandal and a cheating scandal, etc... it just seems like things can't continue to go this well against them. Like the Gods just can't allow us this much joy and can't shit quite this much on Louisville.

I think that kind of thing is why we all have an uneasy feeling. It literally has nothing to do with how good their actual team is this year.

Worked out pretty wodie. Got us 3 tix together in the row & seats directly in front of our other 3 buddies attending...so we'll have 6 of us there high-fiving & raising hell.

-The little Shriner's commercial kid is the best.

-Louisville can win if they make shots, think it's that simple. They're certainly beyond due to do just that, and also take one in this series. Think it will go down to the wire. Cats by 5 late -- I think that's what I'm supposed to say at least -- I'm nervous.

-catholic back has a key ignition, lol. #whywedothis

-Big win for the state and my #Tops last night. That fake spike play was just a thing of beauty.

-Work Christmas luncheon today....at Dixie Bowl, my choice. Bowling is underrated fun. #Global #BuddyPee

If you just look at the two teams we should definitely win. But when you bring in extraneous stuff like first road game, Cal's record in first road games, beating them 5 in a row, we beat them in football this year, they had a whore scandal and a cheating scandal, etc... it just seems like things can't continue to go this well against them. Like the Gods just can't allow us this much joy and can't shit quite this much on Louisville.

I think that kind of thing is why we all have an uneasy feeling. It literally has nothing to do with how good their actual team is this year.
Agree. On the other hand, I believe that Malik Monk gives zero touches about the above, knows nothing about any of it most likely...UL is just the next team to get buckets against.

And that gives me comfort.

* Concerns are aplenty for this one: physical and athletic front court, first away game, our rebounding in general. We finish well at the rim but have been susceptible to getting our shit crammed from time to time. Unless Louisville goes stone cold from the field or purposely tries to run with us, it is going to be a really tough win.

Still, should be a solid time in Yum tonight. I get a ton of enjoyment out of how pissed Louisville fans are just at me being there and that alone is enough for me.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article121991789.html

Good matchup analysis by John Clay. We have better players at 4/5 positions and I like the quality of our bench better. Gonna be a battle. We all know UL is going to play their asses off but so will our guys.

Willis has to be ready for that corner 3. Do not hesitate. They're going to extend pressure to give us the drive and then collapse trying to confuse our guys.

Think in a way they have to try to run because to get enough buckets and feed the crowd but then you're giving us more possessions.

Have to remain cool amongst the crazy atmosphere.

Limiting them on the offensive glass for hustle put backs so we can rebound and rip/run is huge.

I would also give a call to a locksmith. Most mechanics will sub out an ignition swap to a local locksmith anyway.

Reactions: 80 Proof
CALSLouisville_zpsmqr0qciq.jpg

Watched Gremlins last night, great little Christmas flick. Funny how as a kid the Gremlins were the bad guys, and now they remind me of my friends...particularly the bar scene.

And a young Phoebe Cates:fire:

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Yes McMahon and Levitch are studs

Hardly, but they can both make shots -- be careful w/ the jinxing. It's happened enough in the past.

Spalding, VJ King, Anas, Hicks -- all solid to good.

Our big-game bench has proven to be Willis, Izak, Hawkins. That's it. Nothing controversial about saying our bench is fairly weak & short.

Hopefully, we won't need them that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT