ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
• Jurich claims the plays were no big deal because they weren’t run in the game and “our defense regularly prepares for similar formations” every week. If I could be granted one wish tonight, it would be that Jurich makes that statement to Judge Judy, who then slaps him.

[laughing]

Louisville ranks among the wealthiest athletic departments in the nation, generating more than $104 million in revenue (22nd highest in the nation). So nobody should be surprised by Jurich’s arrogance.

^ one of these days someone outside of KY is going to look one floor down on these numbers and start poking into that slapdick of a lease on the YUM! Center.

For once the timing on this was actually pretty good. Broke midweek, college football playoffs a few weeks away, boring NFL season, and not really a lot going on in the NBA. Petrino is a guy everyone is looking for a reason to pile on, 2016 ending on a high note.

Lol. We've been waiting for this for years. They are flat laying it to that cocks*cker. lol. Rosenberg, Sullivan, AJC, Wolken, Booger, Pawl.

Big time misstep by Tomma. I think he got caught up by the Yum stuff and responded hastily . Obviously struck a chord as this is the straw. yikes.

For once the timing on this was actually pretty good. Broke midweek, college football playoffs a few weeks away, boring NFL season, and not really a lot going on in the NBA. Petrino is a guy everyone is looking for a reason to pile on, 2016 ending on a high note.
Yup. They had to know as soon as he slipped even a bit the wolves were coming.

Honestly, while its fun to watch UL get their public comeuppance, the NCAA has lost so much power that it's hard to see anything "fair" come of all this.

Long gone are the days where programs get hammered like, say, we did with football in the 70's and bball in the late 80's.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Let's remember that the NCAA isn't fair in the least, so there's hope that these other scandals will continue to make the news and increase the likelihood of a huge pair of scissors doing some cutting in the Junk Bond Center.

I still dont think anything is going to happen but I like that the ACC is going to be involved. UL isn't a Tobacco Road traditional so I'm hoping the ACC slaps them.

Those poor Victim Cardinals. Can someone get Papa John to build a safe space for them?

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to Bobby Petrino, whose actions, words and occasionally erratic motorcycle driving had led me to believe for years that he was the most contemptible individual in college athletics, and possibly the world.

Petrino has dropped to second in the official Rankings of the Soulless. He now ranks behind the last person who hired him.

It’s difficult to tell if Jurich is that delusional or simply lying. Either way, he’s a spineless worm.

:fire::joy:[cheers]

Obviously struck a chord as this is the straw.

It is pretty typical that this is what is gathering national sports journalists' ire and not the laundry list of legitimately insane scandals coming out of that place.

Sports reporters have largely ignored Louisville hiring hookers to recruit for their basketball program and to coach the football program, Clint Hurt, the university president running a secret fund like he was Boss Hogg, the university paying hush money to multiple former employees, Pitino's indiscretions, etc.

But now that Jurich has the temerity to insult their intelligence with his bullshit press release about his offensive coordinator using the information provided by someone else's crook, the reporters are laying their ears back to dive onto to the pile.

Last edited:
It is pretty typical that this is what is gathering national sports journalists' ire and not the laundry list of legitimately insane scandals coming out of that place.

Sports reporters have largely ignored Louisville hiring hookers to recruit for their basketball program and to coach the football program, Clint Hurt, the university president running a secret fund like he was Boss Hogg, the university paying hush money to multiple former employees, Pitino's indiscretions, etc.

But now that Jurich has the temerity to insult their intelligence with his bullshit press release about his offensive coordinator using the information provided by someone else's crook, the reporters are laying their ears back to dive onto to the pile.
Well I'll take it I guess.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Wakeyleaks. lol

Hilarious that what is essentially an "honor code" violation is what could take them down.

-Greeny and Booger going in. Booger especially.

-Been a culture over there for ages but this story is just weird enough, has a catchy hash tag and people were just waiting for Petrino to f*ck up. Guess this is why milk didn't want him.

-the week after the biggest moment in their programs history. lol.

-WS has been packing for 5 days. Women are f*cked up. I'll start packing about an hour before we leave and be done in 20 minutes.

Zac brown is playing a free concert in Gatlinburg this weekend and if they could somehow work in copper river to the equation old b rax's head would implode

Reactions: JustinSphere
3CNkvyQ.gif

When you think about it, Louisville really is a great rival. They give us so much to laugh about.
It helps that they are run by complete and utter assholes. So every victory over them has a "good triumphing over evil" aspect to it, which is pretty damn hard to come by in college sports. You actually feel like karma is at work.

LeMoo last night. It was ok. Nothing fantastic. Steak wasn't cooked consistently throughout. Med rare on one side and med-well on the other.
Bone Marrow:100points:
Bacon topped Lima Beans:100points:
Mushrooms:100points:
:beer::100points:

I may go back again in a few months to see if it was an off night.

Reactions: Mashburned
Jurich may end being his own downfall. Your ego becomes so big and arrogance so strong you lose the ability to perceive what is right and wrong. Everything becomes distorted. The comments he made yeterday were so tone deaf and self unaware.

This part is comical..." I'm disappointed that this issue has brought undue attention to our football staff as we prepare for our upcoming bowl game."

It was like he was scoulding the local lap dogs and yes men for doing their job. He doesn't seem to realize the national people don't give a shit about your power strangle on this small town.

Love the victim card he routinely plays. He did this with Pitino after the Porcini incident. Don't pay attention that your head coach had an affair in a public restaurant while a paid staff member guarded the door and then Pitino passed her off to another paid staff member. No. Pitino is the victim here.

Victim card came up again with the YUM debacle. Don't pay attention that the place is going broke and tax payers are subsidizing the place. UL is the victim.

The man is out of control. Mags told me a story after IHeartRadio acquired Clear Channel. Jurich has tried to get him fired multiple times. He made all of these ridiculous demands meeting with the IHeartRadio execs in town from New York. One of the execs told Mags that he's dealt with all kinds of tough and aggressive business people and athletes in New York but Jurich is the most pompous and unreasonable person he's ever dealt with.

Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered.

Last edited:
How unhirable is Tommy Elrod now? You try to sabotage the school for whom you once coached and are now doing radio play by play commentary, and you offer game plans to multiple opponents? He'll never coach football again on any level let alone never have a job in broadcasting. He'd do well to be a janitor or a Louisville postal worker at this point.

"In the meantime, Tom Jurich would like you to focus on Louisville’s bowl game with LSU. I’m sure Petrino will bring some great plays to that one. I just hope they’re not LSU’s."
:boom::fire::100points:

Actually, this seems like something Jurich wants you to know about. It will make more sense when the dead hookers are discovered in a few days and all these bozo journalists are still writing about having their feelings hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT