ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
In ten days we've gone from a great FT shooting team to the typical Cal shitty FT team. Awesome.

I think that 12-0 run was with Briscoe/Mulder/Willis/Monk/Adebayo. It's amazing what happens when we don't throw out junk lineups. Heck, our best shooters weren't even making shots among that group and we still stretched it.

The last few minutes our offense was about 75% Monk just jumping as high as he can and shooting over his guy. It's also basically unstoppable if he's hitting.

Monk is so damn streaky, I'm going to be a nervous wreck for his first shot during every game in the tournament, I can already tell. Will be a wreck if he misses and :pimp: if he makes it. He's so damn quick and gets up so high it's unguardable when he's on.

Monk is so damn streaky, I'm going to be a nervous wreck for his first shot during every game in the tournament, I can already tell. Will be a wreck if he misses and :pimp: if he makes it. He's so damn quick and gets up so high it's unguardable when he's on.

I've actually been surprised how consistent he is. He is streaky but he has showed us one poor effort so far. You don't have to worry about an Andrew Wiggins 4-point game with him.

Reactions: anthonys735
I don't understand why bam sucks so hard on defense. No real feel for the game at all. It's weird. Swear he's one of Dwight's unclaimed children.

Some really nice possessions so far this half. Loved that one where Monk was baseline and was looking for Willis in the corner.

I love Briscoe's 2016 game...when he's not taking Js. Shit the dude is averaging 18 a game on layups.

We've done some encouraging things this game. Over the top of screens on shooters, looking for Willis in the corner against their zone, feeding Bam, feeding Monk and the right mix of Briscoe dominating the ball and playing off it.

I get that we aren't great at defense in the half court, but we have the pieces to get there. It's not like we are limited athletically or lack size. We have all we need to dominate at that end of the court, it's just a matter of getting everyone on the same page and making the correct play.

Briscoe putting on a clinic in Briscoe baskeball. Worship. :fire::fire:

Most effiecient player in the country when he plays his game.
Yeah, he needs to stop trying to prove he can shoot and be who he be...because he's damn good at that.

Meh, that wasn't a terrible shot. His coach wants him to shoot, and he HAS to on occasion, although he should never be "settling" obviously. When he's shooting 80% from the field, he earns a jumper or two. He's been outstanding.

Reactions: jayroon
I'm fine with an occasional mid range J or open 3. I t was the 5 clanks from 3 against UCLA that can't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT