ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carolina looks pretty average without Berry. There's about a 2% chance Tennessee manages to win this game, but UNC is a whole lotta meh today.

If you're gonna shit on Humphries because "reports out of practice" may have been exaggerated, then you should really hate Mulder. Reports out of practice were Mulder was the best player on the court. He's not even close to our best player. He was more over hyped out of summer practice than Humphries.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Humphries being much more of a project than most realize has nothing to do with SKJ right now.

You keep saying this, in fact, you've made this post verbatim 3-4 times, so I'm curious -- what do "most people realize" about our backup Australian 18 year old 7 footer? That he's an All American or Lotto pick this year? Who is saying these things?

Stick with incorrect Brent Rice thought analysis, imo.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Down 13 at home is a little more than "meh".

Meanwhile Florida is getting worked by Florida St.

On the postgame, Cal just said that he'd love to be able to go big but that neither Humphries or SKJ are able to handle it right now.

So there is that.

Really don't place any value nor pay any attention to these summer reports. Mulder can play and has produced through demonstrated performance.

Humphries has not. Get that we are playing him out of necessity because it's either he or SKJ but that doesn't mean he's productive. Other players have there weaknesses in the half court defensively but he is an absolute and total liability out there on defense.

Lol, tried to bet HAM on UNC 2nd -9.5, didn't accept, line change...10.5, didn't accept, line change...11.5, didn't accept, line change...then went off the board completely

...then came back at 12.5. Still there...Hmm

-Much more worried about Bam coming to fruition than Humphries experiencing a sophomore slump. He'll be a monster in the future and still think he'll give us lots of good minutes this season.

-Team just bogs down with Fox out. That's a concern.

-Cal finds himself in a few weird lineups. Like UCLA when Fox had been out a couple minutes then with 3 minutes left he's on the bench. Drives me nuts when he works his way to those weird lineups because of his hair-trigger reactions.

-Tell you who is the most annoying player on the team Archie GoodMonk. That dude is a black hole. Selfish. Will be the most forgettable player in Cal's era.

-Not sure how I feel about Gabriel losing minutes. Hopefully that's just tonight. We need that kid to progress and continue to take lumps.

His name is Isaac, Tells.

Lol, coming from the man who misspells our guys names unintentionally on the regular.

I'm aware of his name, but he's been telling the women each year at the clinic, and the media, that his name is pronounced IZAK. Please try to pay attention, you need one of those mind game apps or something.

Reactions: JustinSphere
What I don't get is why no one has basically embedded an investigative reporter in Louisville long term to do real journalism about that program. Players shot. Whores bought. Multiple sex scandals. Multiple arrests. Shady transfers. An assistant with a show cause. NCAA probation looming. Is someone actually going to have to die before it's a story worth really diving into?

Football player Daniel Covington was shot and killed by baseball player Isaiah Howes a few years back. Also a cheerleader overdosed in a football players dorm.
http://www.wave3.com/story/13163653/former-uofl-football-player-dies-after-shooting-overnight

Coolcat IIRC. Called his career after about 2 exhibition games which to be fair is a pretty decent sample size in the cal era.

Humphries attempts to keep the ball up on offense when he gets it. Tries defensively and goes after rebounds. I'll let the Aussie cake bake.

Relying on Payne to bring Bam into where he needs to be. It's there and it's coming.

Rogue we got our tickets a few weeks back. I'm sure plenty of extras are you headed out?

Edit: I joined this board right after my 19th birthday man I'd like to be 19 again

Last edited:
I have no concerns about Bam. He's on schedule for a frosh elite big.

Not often the third movie in a trilogy is the best one, but that's the case with Toy Story.

Humphries has been a pile of hot wet shit this year. Expect him to improve, but he's been atrocious almost 100% of the time.

He's the same big lumbering goof he was last year. Not the slightest bit better.

He'll be serviceable eventually, but he'll never be as good as Harrelson, and probably won't be close.

Reactions: JustinSphere
Coolcat IIRC. Called his career after about 2 exhibition games which to be fair is a pretty decent sample size in the cal era.

Humphries attempts to keep the ball up on offense when he gets it. Tries defensively and goes after rebounds. I'll let the Aussie cake bake.

Relying on Payne to bring Bam into where he needs to be. It's there and it's coming.

Rogue we got our tickets a few weeks back. I'm sure plenty of extras are you headed out?

Edit: I joined this board right after my 19th birthday man I'd like to be 19 again
I'll be flying into Louisville that day. Hoping to snag a ticket beforehand.

Correct, Chase. He gets abused defensively. That lumbering honky for HOFSTRA blurred right by him twice ystdy. That's a Hofstra player. No telling what a Meeks or Hicks would do to him. Watching him try to play against and keep up with Michigan St and UCLA's players was like watching a rhinoceros trying to run with tigers.

Like the kid but never understood the pass he gets because he's white and big. He tries hard! He's only 18! So were Woo and SheraynThomas at one point.

He can't jump, is super slow, has awful lateral quickness and has bad hands. He gets it stripped a lot. Hold onto the ball. He's essentially 7 feet tall and that's it. If he comes to close to snifffing Josh Harrellson level of productivity I'll buy Wodie's menthols for one year.

Did iZak nail Ritchie's old lady or something?

The dude is a bit player who gets 3-5 minutes in any meaningful game because we need fouls. Who cares?

Can someone please tell me one thing Humprhries does well? He's slow, has bad hands and his lateral quickness is atrocious.

Humphries can body someone? Ha. His lateral quickness is awful.

No. Poor Izak simply doesn't possess the ability to guard a statue on defense. His foot speed and lateral quickness is atrocious

Great kid but he simply doesn't possess the ability. Don't care if he can't score but it's when he gets killed on defense and can't grab rebounds or get loose balls against athletes. Too slow and lack of lateral movement.

He can't jump, is super slow, has awful lateral quickness and has bad hands. He gets it stripped a lot. Hold onto the ball. He's essentially 7 feet tall and that's it. If he comes to close to snifffing Josh Harrellson level of productivity I'll buy Wodie's menthols for one year.

I think Richie is down on Izak's lateral quickness.

I'm not concerned with the lack of rim protector, actually.

I'm more concerned with our bigs *trying* to be rim protectors and leaving their area to try to swat some shit, exposing the weak side for putbacks and easy dump offs. Just play your guy straight up and contest... I'll live with the results. I don't need 2 or 3 guys helping some reckless drive when there's low probability of dude finishing.

We're athletic and long enough to be disruptive 1v1. Helping some poor soul can really break down the defense and hurt us with guys that love to crash the glass (see UNC).

- Having said that, I can really see Roy slowing the pace wayyy down and taking advantage of their size down low. I think keeping dudes like Justin Jackson off the glass will be the most important facet of the game. Let Meeks eat... but he can't beat you. Throwing the kitchen sink at him, letting the other athletic bigs roam around freely in the paint is what will get us beat. Gabriel will be crucial IMO; banging bodies and being disruptive.

- OBC this weekend with another couple. Pleasantly surprised with the food (BHG) Went with halibut over a potato cake and a corn purée. Thought it was fantastic. Bourbon list was of course solid. Hope they can keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT