ADVERTISEMENT

Blue/white game

Well looks like it is not only the players worried about money. Not showing the scrimmage to all the fans is a bad idea. It makes it seem like "if you do not donate to NIL, you do not get to watch." Not good. Do other things to generate NIL money, do not make fans pay to see a scrimmage. Being forced to donate to watch, will not help me in deciding to give or not. Actually turns me off to donating. I do not like being forced to do things.

I’d pay $50 to watch it live. They should just set up a camera stream behind a pay wall, make it PPV.
Sounds good. I could invite some friends over and make a profit.

Always say "Hey, I charged so and so $20, I'm letting you in for $15.... and don't forget to bring the beer"

Ppl who supported NIL and paying players swore up and down that the money was going to come from he tv deals and all that money the ncaa makes. And that players would get paid by big corporations who want to use them for advertisement. Nope, it's the fans who will have to "pony up."

I'm super excited about the Pope era but NIL might ruin it for me. This is supposed to be "our" team. Those are Pope's words. Yeah, well, only if you are willing to shell out big bucks for the privilege.

I read an article the other day about a female billionaire who lives in Lexington. How about they hit her up for some cash?
I'm a big commie. And hate how Mitch money grubs. But the poor blue collar working man of Kentucky can watch every single game, exhibition, and first practice extravaganza on TV. And getting a little entitled.

Above is why they are keeping the poors out. You're not giving shyt to NIL and still sitting here on free message board arguing it even exists. They don't need you. You don't deserve to watch an exhibition. Maybe we do one thing for the people who not only are going to drop a thousand bucks on seats to this, but also thousands more later so we get the best players. A little exclusive event where they don't have to listen to a loudmouth complaining the players on the court are getting money.

The issue right is it's a internal scrimmage. I would much rather spend the $125 and get actual game tickets.

We love UK basketball but expecting people to shell out that much cash per person in crazy. Even rich people who can afford it are likely balking at the price.

Strangely (and I'll get roasted for this) but I have less of a problem with the B&W game being a more exclusive event for whomever is in that realm (I am not), than I have with following Cal's pro day crap before the season starts. That actually goes against the 'team first, commonwealth's team' message that Pope led off with. The B&W game obviously would be cool to see (and I do think there's a more approachable common ground to be found), but I'm not loosing much sleep over missing a scrimmage. I'm just ready for the real thing to start.
UC is playing Ohio State in an exhibition this week. If UK were to play say IU / UNC / Virginia / Va Tech / BYU in an exhibition at Memorial for $125 and not televised it would be a draw. Not sure why anyone would pay $125 to $1500 for a ticket to a Blue White Game. I am sure for someone they thought this is great, but once it rolled out they realized this is by far a mistake. At this point they could knock the price down to $25 bucks and I would not go to that event. Also Xavier and Dayton are doing the same as Cincy vs OSU.

Yeah it’s being used as an NIl fundraiser which I’m not entirely on board with. A lot of folks from rural Kentucky enjoy seeing that full scrimmage and no stream/TV makes it feel like we don’t matter in that. Is what it is but I hope Pipe reconsiders in the future.
It is odd to raise money to help pay players in a game that nobody can watch on tv ...

The idea with this was to raise an NIL war chest. Perhaps it's not working. They won't do this again if there is a poor turn out. Have to have funds to compete for players now.
Where the hell is all this TV money going? Everytime you turn around, these schools are looking at you with their hand out. ''We need 40 dollars to buy hotdogs for the concession stands''. Where's all this TV money going? We play in the SEC. The #1 or #2 most profitable conference in the NCAA.

Last edited:
Reactions: CGblue
So we can't watch this?

Bizarre decision by UK and Pope. Pope has said and did everything right and should have stood up to the brass here. I feel like I've been able to watch this every year of late if I wanted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT