ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Vegas trip was excellent. 1st time. Only lost around $150 on Gambol. Will make that back if we win it all in wcc's sport.

* Snackdown:

A Cafe in the Paris had an incredible breakfast. I had Corned Beef Hash with a couple of poached eggs on top. Split a chocolate croissant with Marge. - A.

Guy Fieri's for a Mayor of Flavortown burger. Great burger topped with Pastrami, Swiss, slaw, french fried onions. - A+.

The Oyster Bar in Harrah's for dinner. Calimari was chewy. Seafood risotto just wasn't very good. Lobster tail was garbage. - D.

Wolfgang Puck's Cut. Sides were extraordinary. Mac & cheese, brown butter asparagus. My bone-in ribeye wasn't great. It was seasoned well and cooked to a perfect med rare, but had some really grisly, inedible parts. - B-.

Everything was just grabbing a bite on the run, at the pool or the sliders and apps at the wedding. All good and I was hammered, so it really didn't matter.

* Saw Showkilla's sister at the wedding. She looked absolutely stunning. As did the bride, Amy, who apparently many of you know. Small world. I am now related to her.

* It was really good to just take a trip with Marge. All of you marrieds with kids need to do that occasionally.

A bonus was a few of her good friends were out there and I was able to hang with my brother and nephew at the Sports Books and not have to worry about hanging with her nonstop.

* The best ball player in Ohio has transferred to Princeton HS this year. He is a JR. who has verballed to the Buckeyes, but Coach Cal is still on him and he has been going down to UK to play with our current team and pros quite a bit. Shhhh, don't tell Matta.

* I lost money on all 3 of my college football locks over the weekend. I bet on Bama, Louisville and A&M.

You were there for Sweeney's wedding? That's random.

Guy Fieri's lol. His spot just opened up in Louisville....4th St Live, of course.

Will say though, his Vegas Bloody Mary menu out there is insane (err, bananas), one of the better ones I've had.

If you don't like your steak at Applebee's you can send it back, they'll probably spit in it, but you can send it back.

Reactions: JustinSphere
At the fancy steakhouses, if you're not happy, you can send it back.

Really? I bet your Mom wishes you were born at a fancy steakhouse.

ZING!

Actually, I had already had enough to eat. I ate until I was full and stopped.

I had already eaten half the steak before I bit into a bad part. If they had prepared a new one, it would've gone to waste.

So the College Football Soundoff board implemented a 10 post per day limit on freeloaders. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see that become a network-wide policy.

-Texas is a disaster. Talk about an AD idiot. They need someone in there to keep the big money in check.

-Hopefully rivals or whatever the hell this place is called doesn't implement that stupid rule. Similar to newspapers charging for content. Other options out there. How happy would chase be if we landed on redit?

-Been searching party pics from the Ryder Cup and highlight vids all day. Awesome stuff. Still don't get the Rory hate, dude played an excellent villain but wasn't a douche like Poulter and Westwood were in the past.

-It has to be really awful for me to send something back. Maybe 2 or 3 times in my life. Feel like such a dick.

-Trying not to get sucked in but if Cal is accurate about Willis actually giving a f*ck, that is massive. Dead-eye shooter is mandatory for this team to hit potential.

Have only sent a few steaks back in my life as well. If you're at Applebee's, well I don't have much expectation... But if you are at a high end place paying some coin for a prime piece of meat, well then you better do it right.

If you know what you are talking about and have a valid point, there isn't really a big deal about it. Most of those places would rather have you walking out of there with a positive experience.

Busy last week or so

*A friend who owns a lawn/landscape concern is going to power seed the lawn this week. Had to aerate prior and run up the water bill a bit.

Found the best turf fescue I could buy. Got a 50# bag. I'll have a completely new lawn come March/April. Pretty stoked about it.

*Friday was my great grandpa'a services in Harrison. Man made it 97+ years and lived on his own until three weeks ago. Always kept moving. I delivered the eulogy/words of remembrance.

Man, a proper military burial will make even the most cantankerous cuss weep. The local VFW/American Legion brought out ten or twelve men. Proper salutes, presentation of colors, 21 gun salute, dropping a few shell casings in the vault, flag presented to his son/daughter, "farewell comrade" salute.

And, of course, Taps played on a lone bugle.

:cry:

Saddest part was coming back to his house after the services and seeing his book next to his bed opened to the page he stopped reading...some Louis L'Amour western that he's probably read 20 times.

But, 97 is amazing, and he never lost his mind/wits. Had a pepper and tomato plant in the ground this year. That's how I'd like to go.

*weekend trip to Nashville/franklin. Always a good time.

John Prine celebrates a birthday this week, and a bunch of his friends made appearances on stage. Holly Williams, Kathy Mattea, Dan Auerbach, Sturgill Simpson, all made cameos at the Ryman.

Had breakfast at Pinewood Social in Nashville. Renovated warehouse with a nice menu, 6 bowling lanes in back, coffee bar. Kinda trendy/hipster-centric, but loved it. Wish Lexington had something similar. House made tonic was really good.

http://pinewoodsocial.com/

*good golf exhibition yesterday. Unbelievable the quality of golf that was played. I'd guess every pairing yesterday had double digit birdies between the twosome. That McIlroy/Reed front 9 will never be topped.

*man, I really wish it were 95 and muggy today. #seasons

Last edited:
If you know what you are talking about and have a valid point, there isn't really a big deal about it. Most of those places would rather have you walking out of there with a positive experience.

The hilarity in this statement is that you obviously think YOU know more about preparing a steak than the pros in the kitchen do.

I don't really care so much how they prepare it, it's the final product and a warm red center that matters to me.

Patrick Reed is a brat, an arrogant little shit, streaky, and cocky as a mf'er.

Which means he'll likely be the best Ryder Cup player of his generation.

Reactions: wildcatadam6
Maybe it's me but I can't see why anyone would dislike Rory either. Golf is fantastic when these guys show passion. Rory is arguably the best golfer on the planet, has a Tiger-like fire to his game when he's pumped up and he generally can back it up with his game.

I sincerely hope Patrick Reed elevates his game to be competing more on Sunday, in majors especially. Having fiery guys like this trading haymakers is some of the best golf watching we can have. I love Day, Spieth, DJ and countless others but they don't seem to have that over-the-top competitiveness that we saw yesterday from Rory and Patrick.

Moderately surprised we didn't see...

giphy.gif

I typically I just root for everyone in golf. As long as someone wins, I'm happy because I'm a fan of anyone.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Who doesnt like Rory? Outside of the US fans during the Ryder Cup, I dont recall much negative said about him.

We all need Alabama this year, especially you Louisville residents (and at least 4 other undefeated teams) so you all better back off me. #RTR #Blessed

An accredited university putting together fake departments and classes and having an athletic team compete under false pretenses against other universities that are playing by the book and doing everything on the up and up- those guys are playing in glorified exhibitions. Nothing like the Ryder Cup which means enough to put together committed tasks forces and brings out more emotion from the players than any tour event.

I like to see Notre Dame do well, but I don't consider myself a fan. Hell, I've rooted for the SEC over them before.

* wcc loves showing his ignorance about golf.

* speaking of ignorance (UKO) and golf --> the Ryder Cup is the best "exhibition" in the major sports. It's about the only major sport where participants can give 110% with virtually no risk of injury. Sports are just so perfect when you know the players are giving it their all. Anything less, and it's unwatchable junk. The Ryder Cup is the former. MLB/NFL/NBA, the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT