ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Lane Kiffin keep falling up, but Ed Orgeron's career has seemingly stalled?

I mean, other than the obvious.

Entering the 2005 season, Orgeron had hoped to bring a USC-style offense to the Southeastern Conference (SEC), but found limited success. The University of Mississippi's offense finished the season ranked 111th out of 117 Division I-A schools, in total offense; 115th in scoring; and, 116th in rushing. The 2005 team finished the season 3-8—the Rebels' worst record since 1987.

In 2006, Ole' Miss finished the season ranked #108 in scoring offense, #111 in total offense, and #112 in passing offense.

Orgeron's second recruiting class in February 2006 was successful, acquiring the written pledges of a national Top 15 signing class.[14] He followed that with the 32nd ranked recruiting class in February 2007.[15]

At Ole Miss, Orgeron recorded only two wins against teams with winning records (the 2005 and 2007 Memphis teams, which both finished at 7-5)—the fewest among active SEC coaches at the time.

In 2007, Ole' Miss finished the season 0–8 against fellow SEC teams, and 3–9 overall. It was the program's first winless (conference) season since 1982.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
-Those Michigan threads are awesome.

-:basketball:

-The Cal Q&A is awesome.

-Stoops better win and look good this weekend or attention is gone.

-RE: Big jobs being open. That's what I was saying about Petrino and his loyalty. Some big boys out there and the well of sure winners is very shallow. If Texas enters the picture Herrman is pretty much off the table then you have Oregon, Auburn, USC, LSU all looking for new coaches with unlimited funds and substantially better jobs.

-Orgeron has had full time head coaching jobs and flopped. I love the dude and wouldn't hate the hire but Les has won everywhere he's coached and has similar recruiting ties.

- Orgeron a better choice than Miles- WTF? Get that ish out of here.

- Good piece with Cal talking about recruits listing Kentucky even though we're not recruiting them.

Reactions: UKraziest
Just a reminder:
  • Our coach once left us for Baylor (when they were awful) and ended up coaching high school football in Kentucky
  • We hired Kentucky's offensive coordinator to be our head coach.
  • We hired the defensive coordinator from Florida State.
  • We hired an old man with a record of 91-109 and consider him to be one of the best coaches we've had here.
  • We hired the head coach of Valdosta State and named a street after him.

But, yes, we are definitely too good for Les Miles, a guy who has won a national title while in the same division as the greatest college football coach of all time.

Texas should be about the easiest job in America to contend at. The only reason Baylor, A&M, Houston, etc...are worth a shit is because of Texas' complete incompetence the last 10 years. The fact that Strong can't win there is pretty amazing.

Texas should be about the easiest job in America to contend at. The only reason Baylor, A&M, Houston, etc...are worth a shit is because of Texas' complete incompetence the last 10 years. The fact that Strong can't win there is pretty amazing.
Texas is a lot like UK BB x 100 that you have outside influence and a major spotlight. The crazy rich alumni run that shit and keeping them at bay has to be exhausting. Strong has show he's not the best with super rich boosters already. He was an awful hire in that respect. Awful fit, similar to BCG without the booze.

If he brings Clint Hurtt, I'm in. :D

Eat Grass & Profit >>>>>>>>>>>RISE>>>>>>>>>>YAHTZEE>>>>>>We're Just Getting Started Bro>>>>whatever other bullshit we've got going on.

Reactions: BleedBlueCats21
*Bellydancer screaming, "RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE" during the WKU game from a condo in Gulf Shores cracked me up.

*Speaking of UL, I never saw this.

*Also, this is hilarious. The chain guy is celebrating. Lol.

Reactions: _Chase_
* Les Miles getting fired by LSU is the epitome of what's wrong with college athletics today. He's the most successful coach they've ever had. Leave it to SEC football fans to get tired of "only" winning 10 games a year. It's amazing how many great programs are learning this lesson the hard way. Nebraska, Texas, USC, Tennessee, Florida, maybe Georgia. There just aren't that many Nick Sabans lying around.

* I just think Orgeron is worthy of a second chance. Kiffin has been a disaster at all 3 head coaching jobs, and yet that jackass still has brand equity. Orgeron is an afterthought. Makes no sense.

* Yeah, Miles over just about anyone else on the market this offseason. Pretty common sense.

Reactions: anthonys735
Who said we were too good for Les Miles? Prestige wise he is way out of our league. System wise it would be Bill Curry 2.0.

Also, bringing up things from 9 years ago (his title) and 5 years ago (his Michigan interest) doesn't really help. Coaches sometimes have steep declines; it happens. This is pretty obvious to anyone who's paid any attention to sports since ever.

This kardashian robbery doesnt pass the smell test.

I mean, tied up and robbed in her rental place in Paris by loons dressed up in police uni's? Almost like that family would stage something just for publicity but I DONT know for certain.

Reactions: WettCat
Slack%20for%20iOS%20Upload.jpg

She's something else.

Would absolutely consider going to Paris in 2018. I actually believe those tickets may be easier to come by than when its held in the states.

Im a big Rory guy- its great that he embraces the villain role for a week, knowing that hes still going to be a big fan favorite. At some point, I also became a pro-Sergio guy. Hope he gets his major.

Thought JB played better on Saturday and Sunday, but man their friday match was a pretty bad display.

Danny Willet's response to how his first Ryder Cup went "Shitty. Really shitty"

Next time out, I predict a Reed/Dechambeau pairing with both of them egging on the euro crowd. Tour Sauce twitter likely to explode.

My dad's takeaway from his first game at Bryant Denny "The chair backs at Commonwealth are much nicer" which is absolutely true.

Louisville's playoff hopes will come down to that Houston game. They lose that one, it doesn't matter what everybody else does. Based on current S&P numbers (football's KenPom) they'll be favored by about 3 or so, which means it'll be a coin toss.

logo_of_university_of_houston_athletics.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT