ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Louisville beats Houston and wins out they will make the playoffs. Bama. Ohio State. Clemson. Louisville.

As they should...Lamar is also going to win the Heisman. He's the best player in CFB, only Chad would argue otherwise.

Now, we become Houston fans, but I'll savor this one for a bit. Shit should quiet down at least a little bit around here, thank God. Really can't even fathom if they would have completed that comeback...:pray:

- ABC mics their night games like shit. You can barely hear the guys in the booth because of the crowd noise. And it's not just Clempsin, happens all the time.

Really? I love that, more crowd noise the better especially with an atmosphere like tonight.

If Louisville beats Houston and wins out they will make the playoffs. Bama. Ohio State. Clemson. Louisville.

Possible... but not likely . Louisville has a small chance but the playoff committee has been pretty adamant about wanting conference champs. Not to mention, based on some really easy schedules, Ohio State and Michigan may be undefeated when they play each other the last game of the regular season.

Louisville getting in over a potential one loss Big 12/Pac 12 champ/Michigan would be an upset.

College football is just awesome. Incredible games today. Was bummed missed a day at the lake, but damn this delivered.

Quick had to forget about the false start penalty and think he only needed 8 yards... right?

We're like a third of the way thru the season and there's a dozen undefeated teams. Same prognostication took place last year and was similarly wrong. With four spots in the playoff there's an awful lot of teams still in the hunt.

If Washington is undefeated, and I don't see anybody that can beat them playing the way they did last night, then there is a conference champ that will be in line in front of UL.

You Louisville folk know that Birdgang isn't going to be quieter after this loss. Not for ONE SECOND. Herbie loaded up their talking points after Quick ran out of bounds. Expect to hear even more Playoff and Heisman talk. Moral victories and whatnot.

Quick had to forget about the false start penalty and think he only needed 8 yards... right?
Too busy worrying if Hatcher will have his hookup when he returns from clemson

OR ul was cheated by not having a down marker on that sideline, conspiracy!
/ulsherriff

I'm sure officiating will play a large part in why they lost but I think Louisville has three things going against it now. A one-loss power conference champ will get the nod over them, Houston will "Louisville" Louisville, that is when you play only 2 or 3 quality opponents you can plan half your season around those games, and finally I think that FSU win isn't going to look as great in the rearview mirror as FSU is shaping up into a 7-5 or worse team.

On the way back. Defense played well, imo. They just got worn down. Jordan Jones played like a mad man.

T-Town is outrageous. So much smoke. Great fans. Respect the heck out our basketball program like it's the heir apparent to their football program.

Cards fans, again, fawning over Clemson is absolutely hilarious. Don't get me wrong, great campus, but its well behind the top SEC atmospheres. Also, they don't like you and as soon as you beat them you'll figure that out but they just don't act like idiots when inviting people in like the line beard army does.

NBC golf team was always the GOAT. Hicks is the man, Koch has the best voice in golf, Miller for all his annoying qualities is awesome, kinda the Billy Packer of Golf from an antagonist angle. Jac, Rolfing, Maltbie,...Sands and Roberts on interviews/essays.

...and now they have Feherty. Tirico Hosting.

Said it forever ---> Best crew in sports. :100points:

Last edited:
This Ryder Cup is absolutely unreal, never seen anything like it. This Rory/Reed stuff will never be topped. They don't really care though.

^ that's probably the best thing of all time. :fire::eyes:[jumpingsmile]:americanflag:

I hope everyone watches that and remembers that UKO has said multiple times that the players don't really care, that it's just a glorified exhibition, and it doesn't really matter who wins.

How about Patrick F Reed? :fire::mad::fire:

Dude backs up all of his emotion & junk by taking out the best/hottest player in the world in the lead marquee match. And ends it in style w/ a dart birdie on 18. Un-Touching-Real. UKO was rooting for Rory (who's been equally as cocky & boisterous) so hard he probably had to turn it off. :100points: Love it!

Truly a performance for the ages.

He lives for this type of matchup & head-2-head style to knock somebody out, with some emotion and bad blood (although that's not really the case here I don't think) involved. If you haven't read Slaying The Tiger, maybe you can find Reed's chapter online...gives great insight as to why he's crushing this particular event & weekend. He always has, pretty much every time he's had the opportunity going back to his Jr. Amateur days through College -- and now 2 Ryder Cups.

No telling how many fans he's gained...I was on board after the last one, but damn. For a once-universally hated dude, he's made himself into a hero for most. Pretty cool. Not like the guy is lacking for confidence, but you'd think today will do wonders for him going forward.

#winningiseverything:americanflag::golf:

...and this Phil/Sergio match is special. Both dudes about -6 today, smh. o_O "Too Old Phil" has 7 birdies through 14, and will apparently need a few more just to take Sergio out. Unreal.

Last edited:
The European fans/writers being so legitimately upset about the "sportsmanship" of the fans makes me hate the entire continent. Willett's brother was clearly doing some good heel work, but these jabronis on twitter who are about to faint because someone booed a golfer are idiots and deserve ridicule and scorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT