ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Ol' DocBoat has enough room for us all now so we're good.

- Don't listen to Anth, Rich. Keep up the stadium angst.

#TeamRichie

Of course Mitch is going to screw up the Commonwealth Renovations. Anyone that thought otherwise is just stupid.

Question is, who will be the Mike Pratt that gets the Rupp $hit done right?

Reactions: Beavis606
Anth and Jambox are having a baby?

Niiiiiice! Congrats, guys! The Commonwealth won't be the same ever again when that dimunitive blonde haired skinny biceps friendly penguin hits the purple lot running in 2036. Hopefully their google glasses will point out the passed out hobo named Will so they don't trip on him and get caught in his tiny stench

Caught that movie "The Judge" last night, solid.

So two more weeks of rain projected, cot damn when did we move to Seattle? Maybe it is time for a little jaunt to Vegas.

Let's be honest, if somebody puts 37 pepperoncini's in your pizza box, that's not all they did. Just saying. IMO.

Last edited:
* please explain to me how mitch is going to "screw up" the commonwealth stadium renovations? hes the catalyst that got this thing going in the first place, after all. some of you bitch about mitch for no other reason than just to have something to complain about.

* nice. crawford actually had the balls to put wayne on blast:

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29507037/...dont-match-the-reality-of-the-past-four-years

* chris knight show tonight. boom.

* big anth. little anth. baby anth.

^^ rank these 3.

* fyi: baby a is CUTE. goodness.

* almost posted an article last week from (iirc) si.com about the best remaining free agents. it was a pile of washed up vets mostly and enes kanter coming in a disappointing 7th on the list. the summary was something like this:

total ball hog that only puts up #s because hes a black hole. worst defensive player in the last 900 years. sucks. doesnt fit in anywhere, really.
and then he gets a 4-year, $70 million max offer yesterday from the blazers, with the thunder expected to match. [banana]

that's awesome. boo-yah.

* 93 degree highs. sunny. humid as all get out.

still won't break a sweat, long as im in the shade. /fatpeoplesweatalot

If it's in the 90s and humid, I'll sweat, especially down my back. And I'm skinny. Seems like that's what humans are supposed to do in the stifling heat, unless they are actually mega-distance running cyborgs IMO.

The peppers actually came in their own box, what I assume is their 'chicken' box...pretty dope. Wife has ordered from there, embarrassingly, no less than 500 times over the years. At one point, we had enough free pizza points to last a year. Pretty sure she knows everyone over there on a first name basis, and we tip well.

Made for a nice self-loathing, post-trip hangover meal.

Papa Johns is okay, it's leaps and bounds better than Pizza Hut or Dominos, but not nearly as good as Lil Ceas. Still, it has it's own unique after-taste/filling factor. Despite not seeming so, I think it's the heaviest out there in terms of after-effects for some reason..

-Mexico: Weather was awesome...mid 80s up until the final day. Was expecting full-blown torch weather, as is typically the case out there.

We don't do AI very often, but it's definitely nice once in awhile. Had scored a wodie deal months back, so other than taking a few hundo for tips * airport days, felt like a 'free' vacation once it rolled around, and that's always nice.

Just a perfect resort/location with so much do to around, never feel bored/trapped. Sitting at the pool for 10 hours gets old after a few days (as does AI Food typically), so nice to have other options.

Coke, Blow? Come on Mr. Clean, you know you want to get high. I got the Yayo. Smoke?

^
100x per day, easily. Hear this stuff pretty much everywhere in Mexico/Caribbean, but 5th Ave is just on another level in that regard.

Saw my dude dragging a clanking Coke Classic can on the street attached to a string. "Coke, Coke....Coke, Coke" [laughing] ...paying no mind to the Policia standing there with an Uzi. Obviously, the Los Zetas have a handle on that situation.

Place is just fascinating to me all around. Only people in real danger though are the police or owners themselves, strangely, if they don't comply. Wife, mom, etc, etc. are always terrified of Mexico, try to make them understand in general nobody is going to mess with the tourists (in the tourist areas), as that would be bad for business.

-Knocked out Skinny Dip by Carl Hiassan. Easy read, will mail it to you Ursch.

-So glad today is Friday and not Monday, as it feels. [sick]

-Oh, and Ursch is an idiot. Most normal people will sweat in one of those sticky/can't breathe/100% humidity August Night (SHADE!!) situations. Pretty sure That's a natural human body thing, not a result of being fat -- Fat people sweat more I'm sure.

JUST RUN A LOT AND YOU'LL NEVER SWEAT. EASY!

Papa Johns is okay, it's leaps and bounds better than Pizza Hut or Dominos, but not nearly as good as Lil Ceas. Still, it has it's own unique after-taste/filling factor. Despite not seeming so, I think it's the heaviest out there in terms of after-effects for some reason..

Used to be a papa johns guy, almost exclusively Jets now...

but the anchor factor of a deep dish turbo crust is on another level. Makes me think twice about ordering.

Large Spicy Italian
Breadsticks (dope imo)
Chocolate Chip Cookie
2 Liter of Diet Cola

^That was my order one solo evening at home this spring. Was incredible. Think I just laid on the couch and gently moaned until 2:00 am or so before I worked up the gumption to go upstairs.

Will repeat soon, for sure. Already thinking about that Sunday night of Labor Day weekend.

Reactions: B Rax
You should roll over to Teena's (Frolio's) for Nostalgia sake, bub.

Surprised you don't crush your beloved Bearno's just down the street. Hopefully it falling out of my Power 50 didn't have an impact, I'd feel bad about that.

* no reason to sweat if youre sitting in the shade, and have the resting heart rate of an above average, fit human being.

bonzo, and wcc can you please confirm? drxman and huber, can you please deny?

* ordered papa johns last week, and thought it was very underwhelming. their garlic sauce is magnificent, but the rest left a lot to be desired. the carryout special was something like $6.99 for a large. wtf? im a jewish, but i have a tough time really trusting pizza as the price point gets cheaper and cheaper and cheaper over time.

dominos pizz.....errrr....dominos is actually pretty good. JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION.

* baby anths monogrammed baby gear = [smoke]

hes already a better dresser than his father.

the wodie crew is going to have a serious debate over the coming years --> baby a vs baby ben. those are two outrageously cute babies.

You should roll over to Teena's (Frolio's) for Nostalgia sake, bub.

Surprised you don't crush your beloved Bearno's just down the street. Hopefully it falling out of my Power 50 didn't have an impact, I'd feel bad about that.

Off the Bearno's wagon, bub. Been crushing Za's though I've grown tired of it. Trying to get Wick's back in the rotation but lassie isn't much of a fan.

-Charleston/Sullivan's Island rec: Obstinate Daughter. Shew... place was fantastic. Pizza, pasta, oysters... just dope. Best restaurant of 2015 for me.

Funny enough, Danny McBride (Kenny F'n Powers) was eating at the table directly behind us. I basically eavesdropped and heard him talk all night. Was completely hysterical.

He's filming a new series in Charleston called "Vice Principals." Can't wait.

Back in more svelte days, I'd still totally bust out some swamp ass just walking from the parking lot to my office in the Florida 90/90 heat and humidity. Of course that was also in full fatigues and direct sunlight.

Pti is a mutant.

im not talking about being fully clothed in a heavy, baggy, military grade uniform. or exercising. or walking vigorously. or sitting out in the direct sun.

im talking about a very casual, laid back setup. underneath an umbrella. having lunch, for example. cold drink in your hand. no reason to be dripping with sweat. unless you're.....well, i think we've covered this.

-When it comes to delivery chains... It's Jets for me. Turbo crust, ftw.

Impell's is the absolute best in town.

Enjoy Mellow.. The pizza is solid and their beer selection is dope. Like sitting at the bar and eating at the St Matt's location. There's always decent tunes playing and their rotating taps always have a dece selection. Just a cool vibe.

Last Thursday when the lass had her girl's night I checked out the new Boombozz. Was way too sterile and quiet in the bar area. Could hear a pin drop. Craft beer selection was subpar. Walked out and went to the familiar setting of Mellow.

Every now & then when the lass is working or at a girls' night I enjoy sitting at the bar rogue and eating. Zone out for a bit. Make small talk with the bar tender.

- Havana Rumba tonight. Steak Chimichurri. Eeeek.

Reactions: BleedBlueCats21
Yeah well at night, even with fans blasting overhead at AJ's, cloaked in a graphic Tshirt (non Anth Hardy), cargo shorts, and flip flops...you still sweat your ass off in that kind of heat and humidity.

* no reason to sweat if youre sitting in the shade, and have the resting heart rate of an above average, fit human being.

bonzo, and wcc can you please confirm? drxman and huber, can you please deny?

100% correct.

Just got back from Sarasota where it was a welcoming 92 with 85% humidity every day and it was fantastic. Every bit of it. Feel like we've been cheated out of a summer in the Ohio Valley, to be honest.

From that initial punch you feel when you take your first ocean salty breath to the sticky film that forms on you. It was, in one word -> awesome. And no sweat was broken unless I was doing something like playing volleyball.

I also don't have 3 chins and manboobs, so that might factor into the persperation equations as well.

PTI is so impressive, it's hard to get over it. Pretty amazing.

Wonder if he sweats sitting in a "Shady" sauna? Which is pretty much exactly what a poorly (or non) A/C bar feels like on a horrid summer night.

Every single person had a bead or two of sweat sitting at the Lobby Bar on Wednesday...and the only 300lb person there was me; everyone else was ripped or beautiful.

I am coming to Louisville tomorrow with four churrin to watch the futbol. What local pizza establishment would you folks recommend? I don't want to go too fancy/expensive, but I also want something "Louisville quality." The fact that churrin are involved should also be taken into account. Thanks in advance.

Where is the futbol? I'd say DiOrio's if anywhere close to St. Matthews. And the kids will like it.

LOOK AT HOW FIT I AM I DONT SWEAT IN THE SHADE OR WHEN IM STANDING STILL EVEN IF I WAS ON THE SURFACE OF THE SUN I WOULDNT SWEAT UNLESS MY FEET WERE ON FIRE HAHA YOU SWEAT BECAUSE YOU ARE LAZY AND FAT AND NO OTHER REASON YOU SUCK AND I DONT FATTY LOLS

Reactions: catholic_back
Mellow Mushroom on Bardstown would be fun. New. Good food. Cool space. 5 minutes to the stadium.

Local: Diorio's is probably a good call. Also an Impel's on Main Street near the stadium.

Pretty much.

So, this 2016 class is shaping up to be one of the best in a very long time, per pretty much everyone (no, I swear)

There are a second group emerging as 'can't miss' elite guys outside of the 4-5 that have been there all along. I really have no handle on these guys like I have other classes for some reason.

-UCL: If you've never been, Impell's is the no-brainer. Gotta roll Sicilian, at have their Italian Sassage on there somewhere. You will sweat in the shade eating that monster, but it's unreal -- and just down the street from the stadium downtown. Lex has a Mellow Mushroom, that would be the ultimate simpleton move, although I like it and that building does look really cool.

Also, DiOrio's has a Highlands location on the edge of downtown.

Last edited:
- Papa Johns is the most consistent, IMO. Always solid- whereas who the hell knows what you'll get with Dominos and Pizza Hut. Love Jets but its really heavy.

- George is a good-looking kid. Happy for Sloot- she was born to mom. She's pretty much been momming all of us for years.

- Only a matter of time before Taylor Swift ends up shot dead Tupac style after that shade-filled "Bad Blood" bomb tossed at Katy Perry.

- Damn, betting Tandrian is olive AF right now.

You have no idea. Wife looks Brazilian, I'm very pleased with her at the moment.

-It's not a steakhouse UCL, kids would love it unless they don't like cheese. It's a huge/cool space, open air, nice atmosphere.

I'll drop this in and then disappear for another 6 months. Learn summer vacations: Go North Young Man.

Just got back from Portland, Victoria BC, Seattle and then on to Fairbanks, Denali, Seward Alaska. Great 2-1/2 weeks with one of my daughters. Awesome weather---basically postponed summer heat for a month. Rented a car and stayed at mostly B&Bs or cabins.

Alaska was beyond expectations---if it's not on your bucket list, add it.
Rented a convertible in Victoria BC and drove 2 hours West to Port Renfrew occasionally stopping along the way. So simple, but one of the most incredible things I've ever done.

IMO.

What about this new Fried Chicken Crust Pizza KFC is rolling out? [sick]

Fried Chicken joints (non CFA) in general are the most redneck/poor/winja food on the planet.

chizza.0.0.jpg

Large Spicy Italian
Breadsticks (dope imo)
Chocolate Chip Cookie
2 Liter of Diet Cola

^That was my order one solo evening at home this spring. Was incredible. Think I just laid on the couch and gently moaned until 2:00 am or so before I worked up the gumption to go upstairs.

Will repeat soon, for sure. Already thinking about that Sunday night of Labor Day weekend.
We visited my very British (Scottish) in-laws to show the baby off to the Great White North last month.

They ordered pizza for us one night. They decided on a sufficient order for me, my wife, my mother, mother-in-law, father-in-law, and sister-in-law.

For six adults, the went with *drumroll*...

Two medium pizzas!

They also kept the house at a breezy 25.5 Celsius (78 Fahrenheit).

Yeah well at night, even with fans blasting overhead at AJ's, cloaked in a graphic Tshirt (non Anth Hardy), cargo shorts, and flip flops...you still sweat your ass off in that kind of heat and humidity.

in a bar, at night, dipping drinks, with big ass fans blowing.....and youre still pouring sweat??

dude, you need to see someone about this. a personal trainer, preferably.

YEAH UCL TAKE YOUR KIDS OUT FOR BEER THAT'S A RESPONSIBLE THING TO DO STUPID SOCCER FAN

/SAE, probably

I think PTI needs to learn humidity. Please explain Vegas, where it is 105 in the day and 95 at night. No sweating. Even by fats.

Nothing more [eyeroll] than a pussy group pizza order. LARGE PEP & BREADSTICKS EVERYONE GETS 2 PIECES AND A BREADSTICK.

Thankfully, the only time I'm in that situation anymore is with Wodie Sloot, and she handles that shit like a boss.

3 Pep
2 Sassage
1 Cheese
2 Mariachi
Cheestix
Breadstix
Wangs
The Works, really

[cheers]

* Fitness is one of about a dozen factors in sweating. I'm in fairly good shape (resting heart rate in the upper 30s) and sweat at a disgustingly high rate. If its humid and above 70 degrees, I'm probably sweating. Was that way when I was fat and is still that way now that I'm skinny. It gets a little better as the summer drags on and I get a little more adjusted but it definitely doesn't go away.

* George is awesome and it was cool as hell getting to see the family's reactions and such (well, as much as you can from a waiting room). I incorrectly assumed my wife would be all about wanting a kid immediately after... instead I believe it just freaked her the hell out more than she already was by the whole process.

* Drake Jackson apparently is a crazy ass bastard. Involved in every skirmish yesterday once they put pads on. Littlest guy out at The Opening and apparently putting on a show against a bunch of Bama DL commits.

* I give up on following basketball recruiting until early fall when we have our targets narrowed in. Just zero reason right now when it seems that we are listed with 30 different folks and we don't typically land anyone til really late in the process.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
HIT. THE. PAVEMENT. Dante, totally cancels out humidity.

Always figured Kaitlyn was ready as soon as you were for a kiddo. People assume(d) the same about my wife, and couldn't have been more wrong.

Seems each kid that pops out of the crew every few weeks these days sets her 'date' back another year or so.

I actually get anxious, maybe even sweat a little, when you're out somewhere and someone has grossly under-ordered pizza. Things I've done to alleviate my anxiety in those situations:

1. ask the host about maybe calling and adding on another pizza since everyone else is out there saying they're "really hungry"
2. ask the host about calling and adding on another pizza and offering to pay for it (offer made while waving cash as a show of sincerity)
3. call the pizza delivery yourself and add on another couple of pizzas and let the host worry about what happened to his stupid order when the delivery guy shows up with extras
4. make an additional order from a better joint after the first order shows up
5. start looking in the fridge or appetizer spread for suitable sidecar possibilities
6. grab Wendy's on the way home
7. quietly order a pizza delivery to your house as you walk out the door
8. loudly order a pizza delivery to your house as you walk out the door

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT