ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our first child was a surprise, 18 years ago, and we thought we were "ahead of the curve" as far as our friends having kids. But others soon followed (not because we did, just on their own).

Having been through it, there's A LOT to be said for having friends with similar-aged kids (i.e., within a year, year-and-a-half when they're very young; within 3 or 4 years when they're older).

I'LL TELL YOU THIS, AND MAKE NO MISTAKE - when you have kids, the people you mostly hang out with are determined by who your kids are friends with.

So hurry up, y'all; don't be left behind!

When I was a kid one of my ultimate sports dreams (non UK) was to be one of the boys who kneels/runs across the net during tennis matches snatching balls.

Just thought that looked unreal.

If I had to choose between that or the Grand Prize game I'm honestly not sure which one I'd have picked.

-Chad's best friends/primary crew these days are his old primary crew's younger mid-20s aged brothers & their friends, TS.

Touch all the dirty Cards fans who are voting for Martinez instead of
r-LnoTgr_normal.jpg

Christian Audigier, the designer of Ed Hardy, has passed.

Just want to send out my heartfelt sympathies to Anth. Circle of life man.

Counterpoint: if your close friends have kids that are older than yours, you have access to cheap babysitting. So there's that.

All of these pictures of LeBron, D-Wade, Carmello, and CP3 hanging out on vacation is weird to me. Jetskis, wine, zip lines, clubbing. Not sure Magic and Bird were playing putt-putt/taking helicopter beach tours in the offseason back in the day.

Counterpoint: if your close friends have kids that are older than yours, you have access to cheap babysitting. So there's that.

All of these pictures of LeBron, D-Wade, Carmello, and CP3 hanging out on vacation is weird to me. Jetskis, wine, zip lines, clubbing. Not sure Magic and Bird were playing putt-putt/taking helicopter beach tours in the offseason back in the day.
There's also the distinct possibility that people weren't snapping pictures/videos of them with their phones and throwing them up online back in the early 80s and such.

Dewey

-Camping is something we talk about every year, and I suppose will forever...without actually ever going. She's never been to (or heard of) the Gorge. [eyeroll]

Probably be a fun random thing to do, 1% chance if ever happens, but thier ziplines look super wodie.

red-river-gorge-zipline.jpg

Zip-lining is tops on my excursion list. We did it in some Jamaican jungle last year. Worth the ridiculously high price to do it.

Me calling Chief creepy had nothing to do with any of his posts today. Just kind of my general impression of the guy, I guess.

The Goat Pen ftw.

What makes the clip/sequence so amazing is that it's 5 consecutive trips down the floor and ZERO dead balls or stoppage in play.

Wouldn't have been nearly the same if there had been even a single whistle, imo. It just builds and builds and builds...

Reactions: maverick1
Dewey

-Camping is something we talk about every year, and I suppose will forever...without actually ever going. She's never been to (or heard of) the Gorge.

Basically what we're getting into, but on the water. And with a bed, air conditioning, 4 TV's, and cable.

I'm not sure, the dock provides it. Guess if we stay outside of the marina we'll be roughing it.

Actually works out nicely that Poker run is well timed with away game. Plus if the stadiums not ready, won't be missing much anyway. Maybe I'll take Richie, he'll need to blow off some steam.

Reactions: Beavis606
Actually heard 76 falls is back open, but its like 60 miles away from me. 1 mpg and $4/gallon =False.

There's plenty of nice coves on the east side of the lake.

Wait till they get a load of me.

How long before our boy Stoops takes the plunge and shaves his entire dome?
He should have done it 5 years ago. Not advertising with the polar bear boys, not kicking that fg last year and bad hair are pretty much his only gaffes so far. Someone needs to invent a cream or something that makes it go away forever.

Reactions: BleedBlueCats21
Zip-lining is tops on my excursion list. We did it in some Jamaican jungle last year. Worth the ridiculously high price to do it.

Me calling Chief creepy had nothing to do with any of his posts today. Just kind of my general impression of the guy, I guess.
Thanks Chad. You're a swell buddy.

I've got low T. To be honest, I don't have the energy or wherewithal to be creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT