ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday Randoms:

- I sure hope Aaron makes an NBA roster. Yeah, it was dumb for him to leave, but I love the kid. That March '14 run will run through my mind forever.

- If there is one current female fashion trend I hate, it's the ridiculously long, obviously fake hair extensions.

- Any aux cord recs? Just Amazon it?

- I'm case-by-case with my PC sensibilities, but I'll never get why some minorities get short-changed on the outrage. Caught wearing blackface or making slant-eyes- you're the most racist SOB of all-time, yet it's perfectly hilarious to wear sombreros and mustaches mocking Mexicans. And Native Americans get it the worst- we still have an NFL team called the Redskins.

- 2016 Recruiting Thoughts:

* Curious why Cal hasn't gone after Josh Jackson hard. Best player in a loaded class and perfect for his system. Of course, I'm sure he has his reasons. He pretty much ignored Cliff Alexander and Josh Selby, too.

* He's obviously a stud or he wouldn't be ranked so high, but I've found Kobi Simmons' videos underwhelming.

* I think we get Ayton (who will challenge Giles for #1 when he reclassifies), Simmons and after that, who knows. I'd imagine Ulis is back, and Murray gone, who knows with Briscoe.

TALES OF PIKE COUNTY

I grew up with a kid who was as dumb as a box of hammers and whose family was poor and red even by eastern Kentucky standards. About a week after his mom gave birth to one of his many siblings, she was observed riding a horse - bareback - to the grocery store.

THIS HAS BEEN TALES OF PIKE COUNTY

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Apparently THON got the best of Ayton yesterday, and has been really impressive this spring after putting on some weight.

day & a half until it is Hilton Head for a week, been counting the hours

worst summer in the 10 years I've lived in the River City. one decent day thus far to take my kids to an outdoor pool. not even touching dry to go to the zoo or to a park for chrissake. pretty sure my wife will murder/suicide soon due to the constant disastrous mess the kids make being stuck inside.

2 NFL guys blow digits off their hands on July 4th. as Czabe predicted, I'm sure they were both doing some dumbassery from a rap video like pretending to be the statue of liberty with their M 7000 mortar.

George missed sharing a B day with Mark Stoops by less than 12 hrs

We were there a couple of weeks ago and it was humid and about 100 degrees everyday.

I miss that. I really, really miss that.

- You don't notice the humidity as much when you're drunk from wake til sleep every day. Told you not to have kids, MP.

- DocBoat/Jason- have been dealing with some bicep pain near my elbow for some time now. It only hurts when I do exercises involving the muscle (curls, back stuff, etc). More of a nagging pain than acute. What am I dealing with- tendinitis? Besides NOT working out, what would you suggest?

I'm technically a doctor, Chad, so I'll answer this. I had the same issue a while back. For me, I just needed to rest the elbow for a few days. Worked like a charm.

Reactions: drxman1
Sounds like tendinitis, but you could have a partial tear. MRI would show what's exactly going on.

But yeah... basically rest, ice, motrin (provided you aren't allergic or have GI bleeding issues.)

Reactions: JustinSphere
- You don't notice the humidity as much when you're drunk from wake til sleep every day. Told you not to have kids, MP.
Learn reading. I miss the heat and the humidity compared to this nonsense. And as far as being drunk, you're talking to a full on member of #TeamNoLayup, bub.

The ASG is next week and it's completely ridiculous. $45 to ride a zipline by the stadium. $35 to go to the convention center and stand in line to pay for autographs. $120 face value (500 level) tickets for the workout day, $135 face (500 level) for the game itself. Hotels are nuts too- apparently the Holiday Inn down in Richwood, KY (Boone County) is $270 a night next week.

Other than MLB making me feel like a poor, I guess they know what they're doing. I'll be honest though I didn't think the ASG was as big of a deal nationally as it is. Apparently there's a crap load of folks who travel to go see it.

Anyhoo, I think the closest I'll come to doing anything for the ASG is heading down to the Banks Monday night for the HRD. If any GYERO regulars are down there, I'll give you a hearty handshake.

Tell you what, I struggled with my drinking down in Charleston last week. Bad. Even took some nights off where traditionally I had gotten after it. Of course it dawned on me that I wasn't conditioned to the heat/humidity this year and was possibly just really dehydrated.

Made it a point to horse-pound water the rest of the way which helped, but I've returned worried that perhaps I have lost a little of my fastball. Figure I've got 50+ days to get ish right before football season. Still, I am worried that my best drinking is behind me. :(

Tell you what, I struggled with my drinking down in Charleston last week. Bad. Even took some nights off where traditionally I had gotten after it. Of course it dawned on me that I wasn't conditioned to the heat/humidity this year and was possibly just really dehydrated.

Made it a point to horse-pound water the rest of the way which helped, but I've returned worried that perhaps I have lost a little of my fastball. Figure I've got 50+ days to get ish right before football season. Still, I am worried that my best drinking is behind me. :(
You're looking at it all wrong. Adding the occasional water to your crafty/collide (crollide?) drinking works wonders. Really adds to the endurance level. I think younger people should be educated more about this.

Those stuffy nights make it really difficult. Beer is hot/cocktail is watered down after about 90 seconds on the bad ones...sitting there in dinner clothes soaking wet.

Just one of the many reasons day drinking is king these days, at least you can be in/around the water. Only had multiple drinks post-dinner once this week.

Yea, now that I have had time to reflect I think it was a function of hydration. Need to really focus more on it as I enter my mid-30's.

Labor Day weekend is my next big push as the lass is taking our daughter to Tulsa for the weekend.

:cool2:

- I doubt I even watch the AS Game. I'll tune into the pregame to see the Cincy-themed hoopla but besides that, F it. It is cool seeing the city gear up for something big, especially when it's calling back to days when Cincy was a baseball town, BUT the giant pain in the ass it will be for me this weekend/next week, plus my indifference toward MLB right now, drowns that out.

- I can still drink somewhat well. It's just the recovery that kills me.

- BBdK- you really should hit the pavement.

We are scheduled to leave for Destin (Seagrove) Saturday, but my mother in law had surgery yesterday to remove some cancerous tumors from her colon so my wife keeps threatening to either
A. Cancel the trip
B. Cut it in half.
Maybe I'm just the absolute worst person in the world but it's making me pretty damn pissed off. Can't even get excited about my own damn vacation because everyone and everything sucks. Am I wrong gyero please advise

Reactions: Beavis606
Probably, if I knew she was in good hands with other family members. Plus she would insist on me going. However, I get it. I'm not mad at her, just pissed at the universe.

Puppy basket for you, Rax.

Tbh, I'd play the kids card. Do you want to ruin the kids' vacation, hunny? We'll go, I'll take care of the kids, and we'll snapchat you everyday. Promise! DONT YOU WORRY. I got this. You just take care of your mother. I'll get the kids out of your hair.They will be so happy and stress free. They need this. YOU NEED THIS! And hey! Maybe you can sneak out and join us for a few days if your mom feels better! That would be amazing! *kisses*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT