ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Took my wife out for breakfast to Golden Corral this morning since it is her Birthday (51) today. She took me to IHOP Thursday. Both were equally enjoyable but, as with most B-day celebrations, I always overeat. Feeling it right now. Daughter got wife a new hand mixer since hers went belly up so, she bought a cake for me the other day instead of making one. She could not find a carrot cake (my favorite) so she settled for a strawberry filled vanilla cake that we will eat for her B-day today. However, she has already said that tomorrow, she will make that carrot cake anyway now that she has a new mixer. Will probably eat more of the strawberry cake for dinner since she is making the other one tomorrow. Need to get rid of it. ;)

Doing the couch potato thing watching a lot of Olympic events until I wear off breakfast. I did not realize until it was mentioned by the Olympic announcers that not one American male swimmer has won an individual gold so far and there is only one day of swimming left after today.

Last edited:
Took my wife out for breakfast to Golden Corral this morning since it is her Birthday (51) today. She took me to IHOP Thursday. Both were equally enjoyable but, as with most B-day celebrations, I always overeat. Feeling it right now. Daughter got wife a new hand mixer since hers went belly up so, she bought a cake for me the other day instead of making one. She could not find a carrot cake (my favorite) so she settled for a strawberry filled vanilla cake that we will eat for her B-day today. However, she has already said that tomorrow, she will make that carrot cake anyway now that she has a new mixer. Will probably eat more of the strawberry cake for dinner since she is making the other one tomorrow. Need to get rid of it. ;)

Doing the couch potato thing watching a lot of Olympic events until I wear off breakfast. I did not realize until it was mentioned by the Olympic announcers that not one American male swimmer has won an individual gold so far and there is only one day of swimming left after today.
Warrior: Yeah the Men's Olympic swim team suffered a complete collapse at these games. The proud days stretching from John Weissmuller to Don Schollander to John Naber to Mark Spitz to Matt Biondi to of course Michael Phelps are at least temporarily in the past. This appears likely to be the first time since 1900 no American man has won an individual gold. Incredible.

Insult to injury: Michael Phelps' American coach Bowman decided to train the French swimmer Marchand -- who is a fulltime student at Arizona State University, by the way -- and he's become the big male swimming star of the games. Yeah, it pisses me off. Selling out to the French...

Last edited:
Warrior: Yeah the Men's Olympic swim team suffered a complete collapse at these games. The proud days stretching from John Weissmuller to Don Schollander to John Naber to Mark Spitz to Matt Biondi to of course Michael Phelps are at least temporarily in the past. This appears likely to be the first time since 1900 no American man has won an individual gold. Incredible.

Insult to injury: Michael Phelps' American coach Bowman decided to train the French swimmer Marchand -- who is a fulltime student at Arizona State University, by the way -- and he's become the big male swimming star of the games. Yeah, it pisses me off. Selling out to the French...

Yeah, Yell's like Tarzan, swims like Jane? I am not much of a swimmer but I always liked watching it. Even enjoyed Michael Phelps run... Where'd they go?

Heck I even remember decathlon Bruce Jenner way back then (Sure admired him..) (Not it now...)... sigh... Whatever it is now, is he punching women now? I think it's in it's 70's?

What in the heck has happened that a darned man could EVER get in a ring and punch a woman.... Knowingly and act like it's proper... Like to see it in there with Tommy Hearns or Sugar Ray even at their age now... That, I would pay to see...

Nuff said and only one Yuengling tempered with coffee so...

Enjoy your afternoon...

Last edited:

Wussification of American men.

My wife was commenting on how she did not think it was right for other countries athletes to come here and train and then go back and compete against us. I told her that they do that in many sports because we have better facilities, and these universities give many of them scholarships to come and compete for their schools so... they (the schools) use them, and they (the athlete) use us.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 81°F and partly cloudy. Excessive heat warning in effect. Today's high may reach 97°F. Looking at another 6 weeks or so of this misery.

Watched Olympics yesterday. Good performances except for US men in the pool. @MdWIldcat55 : Wow, had idea, but I believe Team USA will address this present ongoing debacle in future contests.

Headed out for a hike in a few. Toss-up between Bamberg and Pilsen, CZ for Thanksgiving weekend short, side trip. Both destinations include 9 breweries. Pilsen lodging so cheap, it's nearly criminal. Bamberg also includes nice inexpensive rooms downtown.

Wishing y'all a peaceful Sunday.

national-chocolate-chip-cookie-day--august-4.png

Good morning all,

Sitting in my church parking lot drinking coffee. (No Yuengling ) Just dropped My Darling at choir practice.

Rained a little last night.

Had our arbitration visit by the head builder that stated he should have visited before this process. A snide (guess that's how you spell it.) fellow but I didn't like him and neither did My Darling. (That says a lot to me right there.)

It didn't end amicable so we shall see what happens.

It ended with; "Are you expecting perfection"? versus a stout; "No, but a WHOLE lot better than what we received."....

Just angering to me and my reasoning of their intentions. After building four homes and owning ten or so others, I have never been to this point in 63 years. (Never been in any litigation other than as an expert witness a few times.) No excuse for not pleasing me or My Darling. We are not that hard to please.

May God Bless your days...

Last edited:
Good morning folks.

Cloudy day in the east.

Taking it easy today after finishing a run. We went out to dinner last night at a local Thai restaurant. A nice change from our normal rotation. I like the spicy soup and fat noodles.

Not much else going on. I hope its a good day for everyone.

Reactions: BBUK
I have raised/had probably thousands of animals in my life.......it's what I do.......strange thing is I never really had any pets......I took better care of them than most people.......when I was working I would come home in the evening and head straight out back to take care of the animals.......it didn't matter if it was raining, freezing or what.....I took care of them before coming into the house........almost six yrs ago I got two GoldenDoodles........they changed my life......I had become sedentary and was heading downhill health wise. I started moving around and got back in shape.....walking 3-5 miles a day will do that to you.....then over time they became our lives.....our daughter lives in Lexington and we don't see her much......they have a gang of kids and they are all active in school things so time is limited........in April my dog Daisy was diagnosed with Uevodermatalogical Syndrome......it is an auto immune problem........her body is attacking the melanin .........Thursday I noticed that she wasn't seeing very well.......by Saturday she was nearly blind........if not totally.......I know she has no vision within about three feet. I'm telling you folks.......seeing my dog bump into things and feeling for the steps is killing me........it didn't hurt this bad when they gave me away..........I thought I had grown a pretty tough skin over the years........this has proven that wrong........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT