ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed watching my youngest play soccer. Then again, it was U-6, so they basically just ran around after the ball in one large group the whole time. Still, games were short, she got plenty of exercise, made friends, etc.

But this year, when I tried to sign her up, it asked which volunteer responsibilities I wanted to sign up for. Since I couldn't commit to any of them b/c of our schedule, I selected none. On the next screen, there was a fee for non-volunteering. Um, nope.

So she's gonna do gymnastics instead.

Sports I would encourage my kids to participate in:

1. Baseball
2. Golf
3. Tennis

Guitar or piano lessons will also be offered, and of course, they will also be taking martial arts at an early age.
If you try and contact them you're almost certainly gonna be on the hook for back child-support. Figured you'd just assume leave those stones unturned.

Magnolia scale on 3 trees, spider mites on 2 Alberta Spruce trees and lace worm on 3 azaleas.

Will cost me $2,640 over the next 3 years. :thumbsdown::angry::cry::weary::(:chairshot::mad:[sick]:confused::oops::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Thinking about digging it all up and building a mother touching koi moat all the way around the house.

Willy, what happens when someone inevitably hits the Tundra during the HR Derby?
Impossible. Due to MLB contracts with another manufacturer, it will be taken down for the ASG festivities. All my other signage comes down as well, except for the big Toyota sign on the outfield wall.

----------

Chad, you keep dodging bullets in OTR and I'll live my life in the Sweetheart of Ohio.

I'm sure nothing would make you happier than if I was still roaming the streets of DTown… maybe addicted to heroin and sleeping on a bench on the flood wall.

You know what I did last night, Chad? I made homemade low carb chocolate ice cream last night, Chad. And I watched America play in the Gold Cup. Then I read to my sweet little girls in the older one's room. Her room is bigger than Adrian's in-ground pool, Chad.

Sure, my cat has cancer and my trees have funky diseases but I am winning, damn you. I am touching winning.

Baseball is the most schedule-unfriendly sport in this town - or at least it is in the league my kids would play in. It's ridiculous. I'd honestly like them to give it a shot, but it's completely unworkable. Games at 4:30 on weekdays? Are you shitting me?

That's because your league wants to stay in Chevy Chase and they won't let them add lights. Play at Jacobsen and have 5:30 start times

Just curious, what are the best little league parks in Lex these days? I grew up at Ecton.

My basement is currently a blank canvas. A gigantical, wonderful blank canvas.

Like a caterpillar in a cocoon, the approximately 47 square miles of mostly empty space awaits its transformation into the best damn man cave in the world.

It will be glorious. And big. And hen proof.

Reactions: WettCat
Just curious, what are the best little league parks in Lex these days? I grew up at Ecton.
Shillito and Veterans are the best. We play at Cardinal Run and are not psycho like they are. Ecton is for the people from Chevy Chase and Montclair.

Puppies sent, Doc. I'm sure you were really looking forward to watching a former Disney star lip sync for a crowd.

No way I'm giving up valuable lake time to go to Ohio. Child please.

Will be fun watching the PR spin on this. She clear as day said "I hate Americans, I hate America."

My basement is currently a blank canvas. A gigantical, wonderful blank canvas.

Like a caterpillar in a cocoon, the approximately 47 square miles of mostly empty space awaits its transformation into the best damn man cave in the world.

It will be glorious. And big. And hen proof.
That's what they said about CentrePointe, too.

Have fun with your hole.

Ayton has UK and Duke as his leaders. Considering the kid is 99% probably going to jump to '16 and Calipari's ridiculous big recruiting here, you have to feel good about our chances. Probably the favorite to go #1 in the '17 NBA Draft. Went for 17p,18r last August against UNC's stellar frontcourt.

sorry your trees are dying, Willy
6259958_G.jpg

Now that my kids are out of youth sports, I enjoy attending that stuff even more. Sitting back, watching the inevitable drama...parents bitching about why their kid didn't play a certain position, or play more, etc. Fans not knowing the rules, yelling obscenities. It's glorious I tell you.

Like Fantasy Football, it is always interesting to hear how every travel team seems to win every tournament they play in, or how every gymnastics/dance team seems to win some national championship.

I do think it's pretty cool that I'm not Facebook friends with anyone whose kid ever loses a baseball tournament. Surround yourself with winners, that's what I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT