ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Olympic basketball.

Who is the announcer? He is awful. Sounds like he is carrying on a conversation in a coffee shop? Is this the best we can do?

I presume you're referencing Dwyane Wade. NBC hired Wade to be its Olympic analyst ...despite a lack of booth experience ..presumably just because they wanted a really big name who was himself an Olympian.

And, you're right, his inexperience shows. It's like he's not even trying to do the job the normal way, just sounds like a guy having a casual conversation and joking around about whatever while hanging out.

But it kinda works for me in a way ...if only because Wade seems a likable good guy.

I presume you're referencing Dwyane Wade. NBC hired Wade to be its Olympic analyst ...despite a lack of booth experience ..presumably just because they wanted a really big name who was himself an Olympian.

And, you're right, his inexperience shows. It's like he's not even trying to do the job the normal way, just sounds like a guy having a casual conversation and joking around about whatever while hanging out.

But it kinda works for me in a way ...if only because Wade seems a likable good guy.

And these games are jokes anyways mostly so it works.

Reactions: RunninRichie
And when LeBron was a rookie, some thought he was actually older. His longevity is insane.
This. He prob isn’t the goat from a pure skill or titles standpoint. But his longevity has made hone out up numbers that are unreal

LBJ came into the NBA with as much publicity as any one and was an all-star from game 1.
He is the only player in history with 30,000 points, 10,000 rebounds and 10,000 assists- this record will likely never be equaled.
He is # 1 all time in points, steals, FT’s
He is # 2 all time in assists, 3 pointers made, and triple doubles.

LeBron is the GOAT. You can’t even make the argument for Jordan anymore
Let me ask you this. You are a GM and desperately want a Championship, you have a good team but you need “that Dude” to put you over the top as one of the favorites. You can sign in their prime (25-35) Jordan or James. Who you taking? If you don’t take Jordan, you have a serious drug problem! One was “a winner”, the other “a stat sheet stuffer” (like Harden but better).

Reactions: ruppcat
LBJ came into the NBA with as much publicity as any one and was an all-star from game 1.
He is the only player in history with 30,000 points, 10,000 rebounds and 10,000 assists- this record will likely never be equaled.

This isn’t baseball. There’s no need to just list stats like it’s a math test. Jordan will end up playing like almost half the seasons LeBron will lol

Just can't watch the olimpics like I used to, to much politics in them... Yes I know is miss spelled olimpics... They are trash anymore...

GBB
I've watched a ton of these olympics and I'm not seeing the politics. What is it you're seeing that's turning you off?

He is # 2 all time in assists, 3 pointers made, and triple doubles.T
Stockton is #1 in steals.

Let me ask you this. You are a GM and desperately want a Championship, you have a good team but you need “that Dude” to put you over the top as one of the favorites. You can sign in their prime (25-35) Jordan or James. Who you taking? If you don’t take Jordan, you have a serious drug problem! One was “a winner”, the other “a stat sheet stuffer” (like Harden but better).
There is a great example of your scenario and (for me) the best example of LBJ greater than MJ:
LeBron took the 2007 Cleveland Cavaliers to the Finals. Jordan could have never done that.
Jordan’s teams were stacked with great players who deferred to him, not to mention the “Jordan Rules” of the NBA at the time.
So, replace James with Jordan on that 2007 Cavs team and he does not take that squad to the Finals

Where was LeBron a stat sheet stuffer? Everywhere he goes he's one a championship.

Curry is this Olympics mystery so far, dude is one of the greatest shooters ever and hasn’t shot the ball very good so far. I guess him being on the floor helps keep the defense honest. The Kentucky players are doing well, that’s good to see.

Noah Eagle (son of Ian Eagle) on ply by play and Dwyane Wade on color. I’ve enjoyed them even though Wade is obviously inexperienced at the job.

Curry is this Olympics mystery so far, dude is one of the greatest shooters ever and hasn’t shot the ball very good so far. I guess him being on the floor helps keep the defense honest. The Kentucky players are doing well, that’s good to see.
Yeah Curry has been odd. He has missed a ton of wide open shots that are normally like layups for him. Wade and Eagle joked that maybe the international 3 point line is too close. Maybe they’re right.

Bam and Davis have been monsters. Booker hasn’t shot his best either.

Your stats are off on most of these. Here is where Lebron ranks:

Points - 1st
Steals - 8th
FT’s - 3rd
Assists - 4th
3 pointers - 8th
Triple doubles - 5th

What part of the Olympics is political?

Questionable timing in touting up Snoop Dogg who is an outspoken critic of one of the candidates as the celebrity face of the Olympics.

Not saying, just saying...

There are plenty of athletes who could have been selected that aren't outspoken on their views. Or for that matter, plenty of non-athlete celebrities. Interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT