ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like UKO's application is pending. I played with a 15 year+ member there a mere 3 weeks ago, and he said it was a mess.

Glad to hear of the miracle turnaround, these new managers sound amazing.

Nope...golf course itself is solid, but their food requirement isn't worth it.

And your playing partner was either clueless or mythical.

Crying-Jordan-Michael-Jordan-UNC-Villanova.jpg

East coast is fine, just prefer the gulf for many reasons.

Rednecks are everywhere people, it's not just a gulf coast thing. What's the difference between Myrtle Beach and Panama City?

If you say membership is at a 3 year high, how low was the low before that?

Andover's pool isn't even close to Greenbrier's.

Have no clue about today's baseball players. Really just know a handful.

Tide pools are great...they are also shark magnets.

Prefer South Carolina to Florida panhandle.

New England beaches make me crave clam chowder.

I like the Masters, but I like the US and British Open rotations to see new courses. Masters can be a bit stuffy at times. I might like it better without Jim Nantz. PGA is whatever...cool when it's here though.

Nice 30% chance of rain today...except that it's been 100%. I hate weather people.

Giancarlo Stanton is a beast. He put on the best power display since the steroid era.

Todd Frazier has a very bizarre power swing, but it's effective. Good to see him back in the Finals.

Butler HS and Louisville shoutout to Adam Duvall for putting forth a valiant effort in the Derby. Nice to see a local kid do well. Seems like a good guy.

Baseball has a lot of talent in the younger ranks, thus the unfamiliar names. Teams have done a much better job with their development systems in recent years.

Actually fairly impressed with the Prime Day stuff. Last year was a total joke, but they still managed to sell $650m worth of crap, more than black Friday. This year, it looks like they actually have a crapton of deals - announced over 100k vs tens of thousands last year, and you can actually buy some of the stuff. Already dropped several hundred, though the Amazon Echo was on there. Thye did have a glitch earlier today adding stuff to carts, but that appears to be fixed. They are gonna do well over a $1B in sales in one freaking day. Crazy. They are giving $5 Prime Now credits for anyone choosing no rush shipping as well.

Masters/US Open > British/PGA

Soft spot for PGA given my personal experiences with it -- and it's always at Classic or awesome new tracks, and the best field of all the Majors. I like it equally as much as the British.

Now that I have a TV in the office, maybe I'll enjoy the OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP more. Some years I hardly even get to watch any of it.

-I totally get it with families/convenience/driving, but East Coast beaches pretty much all suck compared to Caribbean/Mexico, imo. If you were raised on them like Chad's lassie, I can see why she'd be snobbish towards them. Haven't been to one in years, and have no plans to while we're without churrin. 5 hour flight from SDF & you're in paradise ftw.

-He is on the board, does that count? UKO, the country club/golf expert who can't hit it out of his shadow or break 90 after playing for 30 years, nor has ever belonged to a country club.

Cracks me up when he talks about courses being good or bad...lol, how would he know? If you can't hit ANY club over 110 yds, how can you even begin to analyze how a course plays compared to another? (You can't)

Loser.

Last edited:
-He is on the board, does that count? UKO, the country club/golf expert who can't hit it out of his shadow or break 90 after playing for 30 years, nor has ever belonged to a country club.

Cracks me up when he talks about courses being good or bad...lol, how would he know? If you can't hit ANY club over 110 yds, how can you even begin to analyze how a course plays compared to another? (You can't)

Loser.

10-4 there Tiger. Whatever you say.

So I don't know a good course from a bad one...haha. When your resume of nice courses played across the country even starts to approach mine, we'll talk. Until then, you can have your day in the sun and I will enjoy as well.

Good stuff....you are the best.

open ocean > backwater gulf

I'll take HHI over anything the gulf has north of Naples everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. As far as states go, Alabama and Mississippi are two of the worst smelling ones I've been to as well.

I've never been more into baseball than I am now. It's 100% due to my boys falling in love with it, but I have watched almost every reds game and find myself watching random games above anything else on tv not named GoT. So, if you ever needed proof that baseball is for losers there you go!

We are doing Destin in October this year. I've heard it's a great time to go, warm air, warm gulf, less crowds, probable hurricanes. I've done South Carolina and Flordia panhandle probably 18 times combined. South Carolina wins horticulturally, Panhandle has better beaches.

I went to the Jessamine County fair last night and oh my god you guys. Oh my god. I know we joke about Jessamine county, but I was honestly scared of those people and I'm a big damn boy. Also, teen age girls wear things I wouldn't let my 2 year old daughter sleep in. It's amazing. Todd, Todd, you guys are right about my home town. I'm sorry.

I actually enjoy the drive once you get to Florala. Think that's a cool little town. But yeah, the 6-7 hours through Alabama sucks. Probably gonna split the drive down this year and stop halfway after last years debacle.

I don't want to be anywhere but here in October. Best time of the year. I'm sure Destin will be fun, though.

Reactions: CoolCat45
Probably worth noting again that many gulf coast beaches are currently under a "no swim" advisory because of toxic fecal bacteria. Basically, shit smelling sewage with the consistency of guacamole.

That may remove anything in the Florida Panhandle from the "favorite beach" discussion.

If you really hate the drive, their are flights there.

Vet move is I-65 south to Georgiana, through Andalusia and Florala, then its only about 2-2.5 hours on the country roads.

I typically complete the drive from Lexington in 10-10.5 hours.

Early October can be very good in Destin. Really anytime after Labor Day the traffic is much less significant.

Reactions: WettCat
Going to Hilton Head the last week of September with my wife's family, which is fine because her brother is one of my closest friends and I really do like her parents. But even under those circumstances planning a family trip sucks. They actually had a drawn out discussion to figure out the optimal seat/person/luggage ratio between their van and our CR-V.

Looking like Greg Schiano and Tom Bradley will also have some fires they'll need to die in here shortly.

Going to Hilton Head the last week of September with my wife's family, which is fine because her brother is one of my closest friends and I really do like her parents. But even under those circumstances planning a family trip sucks. They actually had a drawn out discussion to figure out the optimal seat/person/luggage ratio between their van and our CR-V.

Don't worry. The Pokemon goblins there are freaking badass.

You will LOVE it.

Queer.

We went to PCB a few years ago and Birmingham made for a perfect halfway point. Hotwired a room and got a great deal at a nice place downtown. Walked into Dreamland about 10 seconds before Aaron hit the shot to beat Michigan...few times I've been prouder to be wearing UK gear than I was at that exact moment.

Yup. Georgiana-->Opp-->Florala-->Paxton-->Defuniak Springs. That part of the drive is nice. It's the Nashville to Montgomery portion that rots your brain.

Yup. Georgiana-->Opp-->Florala-->Paxton-->Defuniak Springs. That part of the drive is nice. It's the Nashville to Montgomery portion that rots your brain.
False. I grew up in Bumf**k Eastern Kentucky and even I was like, "This place is dilapidated as shit," driving through there. Felt like an eternity.

We went to PCB a few years ago and Birmingham made for a perfect halfway point. Hotwired a room and got a great deal at a nice place downtown. Walked into Dreamland about 10 seconds before Aaron hit the shot to beat Michigan...few times I've been prouder to be wearing UK gear than I was at that exact moment.

You were driving during a UK Elite 8 run? smh

My favorite thing about Opp is their obsession with Pepsi. Pepsi is everywhere down there. Makes me lol every time. Lots of speed traps thru Opp, tho. Gotta be careful.

I don't really enjoy the old country road stretch. Would much prefer the interstate where driving at a more speedy rate is safer.

If we are complaining about travel to beaches, the mountains in TN and NC suck giant testicles. Always:pray: for no rain in the mountains. And oh yeah, touch all 18 wheelers, especially when its pouring.

Love being able to ride a bike on the beach when i go, SC allows that. Heading back to Kiawah in about 60 days. Gonna treat myself to The Ocean Course again this year.:golf:

Reactions: SAECATFAN
It's probably just because it feels like you're "close" once you get to Opp. I usually roll the windows down, smell the warm Florala air and gaze at the slash pine forests, with their lush needle Palm underbellies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT