ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

- Family weekend with my oldest at Wake Forest. Got there okay (we take the WV-VA route instead of heading down 75 and then over), but unreal to hear the accounts of students whose families were stranded in Asheville on their way to Winston-Salem, as well as students who are from that area. Harrowing stories about family members trapped, without power for dialysis machines, etc. Really put our inconvenient drive through the rain in perspective.

- Had plans to leave Wake and head to Asheville for a few days at the Biltmore. Obviously that plan was scrapped, so we headed back north...way north...to visit a couple of schools my youngest is interested in: Purdue and IU. I know, I know....but each of them have programs that she's especially interested in. Doubt she'll end up at either one, but it was fun to watch her gears start spinning about what she'd like her college experience to be.

- Had been invited to a couple of different tailgates before the Wake/Louisiana game and, well....bless their hearts. The people were nice, but it was about what you'd expect from an ACC tailgate at a sub-.500 program. Exciting game, but Wake DOINKED a potential game-tying FG off the upright as time expired, which could be heard throughout the stadium. Felt sick for that kid.

- Wake families who knew we're from KY were congratulating us on the win over Ole Miss. I will gladly eat crow on Stoops....after that SC loss, I thought the dude was done, and I was ready for the SUMRALL ERA to begin. But the guy is fighting back, and that's what we all wanted to see.

- This hot sauce discussion is timely, as I'd been thinking about switching us up from our usual Frank's fandom. On a separate sauce note, I've been using Duke's Habanero Garlic on pretty much every sandwich/burger for the past six months. Stuff is crack.

- Red Clay Strays.

Nothing wrong with Franks. We use Crystal quite a bit too. I like a wide variety of boutique ones but not a huge fan of ones that have names like Earl’s Gastrointestinal Incinerator Sauce.

El Yucateco Caribbean Chile Hahanero and Slap Ya Mama Cajun Hot are great if you are judicious or a psychopath who enjoys pain.

Reactions: 80 Proof
My son is a hot sauce fiend. He’s gotten the box of the “Hot Ones” sauces and some of those are really good and NOT solely designed to cause hole pains.

Reactions: TriangleUKCat
- She keeps on lovin me and I keep on wonderin why

- Rothstein says Butler, Brea, Robinson, Carr, Williams and says Chandler will be in the rotation. I haven't been this excited since the twins said they were coming back and it looked like 40-0 was a possibility.

- 3-2 is where we thought we would be going into the bye week. Lets go get four or five more and make this a successful season.

- In the last two weeks here we have had a 6th grader get ran over in the middle school parking lot (broken leg), and just yesterday a 5yo ran onto hwy 90 and got hit. two broken legs, broken shoulder, collapsed lung, brain swelling. Both are lucky to be alive. Kids are everywhere man. The drivers have to feel like shit even though both were totally not their fault.

- Seeing all the flood videos from East TN and NC is heart breaking. Could very easily be Cumberland County, Ky. The only thing stopping that is Wolf Creek Dam that was recently said to be failing. Havent heard as much about it lately hopefully they got it taken care of.

Cholula is extremely overrated. Not because it's bad, but because it's way more expensive than other hot sauces that taste exactly the same.

Back in the day at Jozo's I would drown my jambalaya in the Melinda's XXXX hot sauce. I've always loved the flavor of habanero chilis.

Pro move at your favorite Mexican restaurant... get a grilled jalapeño with your dinner.

Cholula is extremely overrated. Not because it's bad, but because it's way more expensive than other hot sauces that taste exactly the same.
I'm sorry you have to pinch pennies in your hot sauce budget, big guy. I'll put you on the prayer request list.

* @Strokin_Bandit on the VP debate. I think you can feel the collective revulsion about what politics have become. I've never seen fewer yard signs or facebook posts than this year. I think that is a good thing. Go back and watch the Obama / Romney debate. It was two incredibly smart, incredibly charismatic individuals largely sticking to the issues. The biggest zinger was "The 80s called, they want their foreign policy back."

Maybe people are finally sick of all of the absolute idiocy about Haitians eating dogs, kids having litter boxes at school, and all of the other truly stupid things that have passed for political discourse in the last 12 years.

We lost our way. I hope we get back to civility asap.

* The transition between New Circle in North Lexington and Paris might be this town in microcosm. You go from vagrants sleeping openly in front of closed business, strip clubs, weekly shootings, etc to literal paradise in about 3/8ths of a mile.

* Anyone going to Blue White Game? I might try to find some tickets.

Last edited:
<-- going to the BW game. Cannot wait.

- Taking the girls to STL this weekend for a nice little impromptu Fall Break weekend. Staying in Forest Park. Contemplating the zoo, planetarium, Arch, Grant Farm, Botanical Gardens. Anything else I should consider for 7/10 YO girls? Food spots?

- The new Carson's location at Andover as a bit disappointing. Hopefully not a harbinger of things to come. Place was packed but several steaks undercooked. Staff seemed overwhelmed. The grilled brie/chutney dish still slapped though.

- Perks of the SEC/ABC deal for me is having Sean McDonaugh calling our games. He's fantastic, imo. No sacred cows and unafraid to call out players, officials, coaches etc. Does a really good job calling the game while keeping it loose. I even think McElroy has calmed it down the past couple years and is nowhere near as pretentious and arrogant when he first started doing color. They match up pretty well chemistry wise.

- With that said, I don't really miss Danielson at all -- I guess mainly just the nostalgic CBS theme song, tbh. Whatever. Bigger and better ATKOT.

- Who will be our second leading scorer this year behind who I'm assuming will be Jaxson Robinson. Carr? Thining Kriisa could be a darkhorse if he's able to get enough minutes to be in the conversation. As Rothstein said, there will be 5 (actually 6) dudes competing for 3 spots in the backcourt this year. And I have no clue about Pope's plan for usage rates based on the backcourt depth. It's a big effing mystery, basically. You could probably name me 5 guys and I could be convinced...

Last edited:
The Westside Fall Festival starts next week and my little lassie is already wearing us out!! The lass got a map of the food vendors and was marking things she wants to try but the little lassie was wanting to know about rides and games!! Guess I’ll be chucking money trying to win a stuffed animal on bent rims and softballs in old milk cans so she’ll be happy!! Be cheaper to buy her a truckload of stuffed animals!! 🧸

For the foodies….. WTF is zombie boogers??
I’m pretty sure she just wants to try them because of the name but little one was funny running around saying it all night. The things I get talked into trying to keep her happy.

Damn, this weather is great!! Love seeing the steam on a lake in the morning!!

The City Museum is pretty unique and a lot of fun. Also, right by the zoo is the Art &History museum and close by is the St Louis Science center with a lot of interactive stuff.

<-- going to the BW game. Cannot wait.

- Taking the girls to STL this weekend for a nice little impromptu Fall Break weekend. Staying in Forest Park. Contemplating the zoo, planetarium, Arch, Grant Farm, Botanical Gardens. Anything else I should consider for 7/10 YO girls? Food spots?

- The new Carson's location at Andover as a bit disappointing. Hopefully not a harbinger of things to come. Place was packed but several steaks undercooked. Staff seemed overwhelmed. The grilled brie/chutney dish still slapped though.

- Perks of the SEC/ABC deal for me is having Sean McDonaugh calling our games. He's fantastic, imo. No sacred cows and unafraid to call out players, officials, coaches etc. Does a really good job calling the game while keeping it loose. I even think McElroy has calmed it down the past couple years and is nowhere near as pretentious and arrogant when he first started doing color. They match up pretty well chemistry wise.

- With that said, I don't really miss Danielson at all -- I guess mainly just the nostalgic CBS theme song, tbh. Whatever. Bigger and better ATKOT.

- Who will be our second leading scorer this year behind who I'm assuming will be Jaxson Robinson. Carr? Thining Kriisa could be a darkhorse if he's able to get enough minutes to be in the conversation. As Rothstein said, there will be 5 (actually 6) dudes competing for 3 spots in the backcourt this year. And I have no clue about Pope's plan for usage rates based on the backcourt depth. It's a big effing mystery, basically. You could probably name me 5 guys and I could be convinced...
Regarding the minute distribution, Pope likes to play 10 guys and his top guy last year averaged 29 mpg.

My guess:
Robinson-28
Butler-26
Carr-24
Williams-22
Brea-20
Oweh -20
Kriisa-20
Garrison-16
Almonor-10
Chandler-8
Perry-6
Noah-Mop Up

Last edited:
- Sean McD is the best college play-by-play guy out there today. The voice, cadence, and overall delivery is perfect.

- City Museum is what I imagine Mellow Mushroom headquarters is like. I felt like an extra in the movie PCU the entire time I was there. In other words, it's a VIBE!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT